• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Yudoken

can you unlock eliza in game if you're not preordering?

Paid dlc after 30 days.
You can't unlock characters/new stages with fm like in SF V.

Only (non dlc) costumes, generell customisation (e.g. health bar, rank card and gallery stuff) and probably other things we don't know about yet.

joeblow

One resource newbies and returnees might want to check out for improving in T7 is the TTT2 strat sub-forum at Tekken Zaibatsu.

Beginners and intermediates should go over the four Tekken Skill Project threads in particular. Just ignore all the tag sections and a lot of the game in general will make more sense since most of it applies to T7.

MoogleMan

I look at it in a different light , tekken 7 the one that we are getting has released in July last year in form of FR. Before that the vanilla t7 as was stated numerous times has been in a beta form, not finalised graphics, character design , balance , system, arcade online play , they were mostly testing out stuff and looking for feedback. Yes you had to pay to play the beta but that's a different issue and a bit ridiculous imo. So if they didn't charge for vanilla, folk would just complain that it was in beta for tooo long. Not sure of ins and outs of the budget they had , maybe that was their way of getting it in releasing an unfinished product that they charge for, so they can make the money to give us FR , as we know tag 2 didn't sell well. I think the reason we haven't heard anything about TXSF is that higher ups in the company might think that tekken is not profitable anymore , so everyone knows what that means. So we should all prove them wrong and get new not used copies.
Game is coming in two weeks we have been waiting a while for it and instead of being excited, some here just get in to pointless discussions that already happened iirc about a year ago.

You're spot on. The wait has been painful for all of us, but I'd rather have a complete game than a rushed one. Tekken 7 was in no state to be released before Fated Retribution.

Furthermore, you can see the effect those arcade $$$ have had on development. The budget has increased dramatically over the years, and we'll be playing a supremely polished and content packed game next month.

Why complain about the wait when we're at the end of it and the game has turned out better for it?

How are my girls Asuka and Ling in this game?

Ling has moved up several tiers from what I've heard, and her new outfit is GOAT.
Tekken-FR-Xiaoyu.jpg

cordy

Banned
I look at it in a different light , tekken 7 the one that we are getting has released in July last year in form of FR. Before that the vanilla t7 as was stated numerous times has been in a beta form, not finalised graphics, character design , balance , system, arcade online play , they were mostly testing out stuff and looking for feedback. Yes you had to pay to play the beta but that's a different issue and a bit ridiculous imo. So if they didn't charge for vanilla, folk would just complain that it was in beta for tooo long. Not sure of ins and outs of the budget they had , maybe that was their way of getting it in releasing an unfinished product that they charge for, so they can make the money to give us FR , as we know tag 2 didn't sell well. I think the reason we haven't heard anything about TXSF is that higher ups in the company might think that tekken is not profitable anymore , so everyone knows what that means. So we should all prove them wrong and get new not used copies.
Game is coming in two weeks we have been waiting a while for it and instead of being excited, some here just get in to pointless discussions that already happened iirc about a year ago.

Yeah, they know Tekken is more profitable in the arcades, as it actually shows results, compared to consoles, which is more debatable these days. Fact is the Asian arcade scene consistently shows out for Tekken and they make more profit there each time a new Tekken comes out. For consoles it's a bit different as it seems each time a Tekken comes out post-T5 they sell less copies. So really it makes sense from Bamco's perspective especially when arcade sales dry up a bit once the console version releases.
TxSF is going to continue to be on the backburner until they keep generating interest in it and personally, I see this happening.

- T7 - 2017
- Tekken Retro (Remake of earlier Tekkens probably) - late 2019/2020
- TxSF - End of this console gen/cross-gen port to next consoles
- T8 (Post-Timeskip)

I don't see us officially getting a T8 until next console gen. These other games though? I can see it. They're far safer from a business perspective.

fernoca

PC though. Guess it will be the $84.99 on PS4. At least that's it as far as fighters with passes until MvC in September.

Does deluxe edition include season pass ? Thinking whether i should get regular or deluxe version.
Yep.
-Eliza (launch)
-Metallic pieces/costumes (launch)
-New game mode and costumes (summer 2017)
-Guest character #1 (winter 2017)
-Guest character #2 (spring 2018)

Dueck

Banned
I want to know who is in the season pass first, honestly. I assume I will buy it anyway at a later date, but I've been burned with a lot of digital deluxe pre-orders and getting my money's worth from the DLC.

wrongway

Oh boy...she's not beginner friendly...

But! Watch vids of her playstyle, get and idea of things.

Edit: Also check this out.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/edit

Nice resource, thanks! I guess at least I can tell myself that I didn't pick an 'advanced difficulty' character lol

I've been watching random youtube and twitch videos on and off for a bit, and I definitely like the look of her play the most. I'm sure getting going will be pretty bumpy, but I don't mind putting the work in for something cool. :)

Any word on whether we'll see movelist/balance changes in this version? I remember reading something about "Kazumi console buffs".

Nice resource, thanks! I guess at least I can tell myself that I didn't pick an 'advanced difficulty' character lol

I've been watching random youtube and twitch videos on and off for a bit, and I definitely like the look of her play the most. I'm sure getting going will be pretty bumpy, but I don't mind putting the work in for something cool. :)

It's okay. Ling is one of those characters where learning to play against her is harder than learning to play her, so she actually does well at low levels. :p

sasuke_91

nah i think she's one of those characters you can ease into

She's not. She requires a lot of work actually, but playing her is fun enough to be a motivation.

There's a lot to remember when playing Xiaoyu, but that doesn't really matter at lower levels. Try not to overwhelm yourself with information and go step by step. She's very fun to play although she's not very easy. And be sure to post in the T7 OT once the game releases if you have any questions.

On the fence about pre-ordering this, any previews up yet? Does the online play use the system that's good for fighting games, or the one with lots of lag? Can PC players play against PS4 players? Any reason to be wary about pre-ordering on PC?

On the fence about pre-ordering this, any previews up yet? Does the online play use the system that's good for fighting games, or the one with lots of lag? Can PC players play against PS4 players? Any reason to be wary about pre-ordering on PC?

Namco's recent fighters have had solid netcode. This game in particular had a 2 year online beta in its arcade life, so you would hope everything's been smoothed out by now.

Any word on whether we'll see movelist/balance changes in this version? I remember reading something about "Kazumi console buffs".

Yeah, looks like we'll be getting some but don't expect revolutionary stuff. Also we don't know what will stick yet, recently Namco has expressly forbidden streamers to talk about the tech side of things to keep this stuff under wraps.

That said, TZ has a preliminary list of changes.

sasuke_91

No previews really I think, but you can watch a year worth of T7 FR matches on YouTube.
No word on Online yet, but we expect this to be good, since the arcade version was running Online only and TTT2's network was solid on PS3.
PC players can't play against PS4 players. We don't know if this will be possible in the future.
No real reason to not pre-order for PC. Unless you look for the platform with the highest amount of players Online which will be PS4.

Any word on how good of a port the PC version is turning out to be, or details on graphical settings yet?

PC port seems to be solid. The game can run at 4k and according to a friend of mine who played the PC version it is the best looking fighting game he's seen yet.

https://youtu.be/WW8B97oSsbA

Yudoken

Preordered the pc deluxe edition for 60€ now after reading that there is going to be a preload on the 26th.
I've basically hyped up most of my fighting game friends (most of them play SF V) and a few of them already preordered the game in anticipation for the game.

Those last 12 days are going to be painful...

I also try to avoid spoilers for story and stuff.

Yeah, Xaioyu's kind of hard. Started playing Tekken 6 for the first time in like years I think and while I got back into my mains easily. I got my ass beat with Xaioyu. Forgot how little damage she does plus how you can easily put your back to your opponent and leave yourself wide open.

SarusGray

Yeah, Xaioyu's kind of hard. Started playing Tekken 6 for the first time in like years I think and while I got back into my mains easily. I got my ass beat with Xaioyu. Forgot how little damage she does plus how you can easily put your back to your opponent and leave yourself wide open.
She's very weak against pressure opponents since she can't punish them as well. But her mixups are incredible as well as mind games and the pressure she can apply herself if she gets into a good groove.

SarusGray

lmao....nah son
Trust me... I have no problems beating xiaoyu players with Julia. It almost seems unfair sometimes. Her 1 2 has very short range, no quick whiff punishes, her phoenix and backward stance are good but if you react faster than her, you can overpower her quickly. I main xiaoyi and Julia and understand both of their weaknesses.

I'll be contacting my usual stores this week hoping copies come in Wednesday/Thursday. Haven't been following the game much lately but hype is definitely up there.

How are Bryan and Dargunov fairing on this release? Any possible changes we aren't aware of? Plan on playing them both at launch.

Not to draw up old wounds but waiting this long was still bullshit even if they were making a profit. Games are a business and it's coming feature complete, but I feel like it was ready to serve when FR dropped in arcades.. ah well. Early 2017 it is.

Rajang

I'll be contacting my usual stores this week hoping copies come in Wednesday/Thursday. Haven't been following the game much lately but hype is definitely up there.

How are Bryan and Dargunov fairing on this release? Any possible changes we aren't aware of? Plan on playing them both at launch.

Bryan and Dragunov are two of the best characters in the game. The only change was for Bryan, his qcb+3 no longer launches on counter hit (which was ridiculous to begin with).

Bryan and Dragunov are two of the best characters in the game. The only change was for Bryan, his qcb+3 no longer launches on counter hit (which was ridiculous to begin with).

Damn. They are? Guess I lucked out not that it'll matter much as I don't play this game competitively. I'll have to track down some top player footage.

Trust me... I have no problems beating xiaoyu players with Julia. It almost seems unfair sometimes. Her 1 2 has very short range, no quick whiff punishes, her phoenix and backward stance are good but if you react faster than her, you can overpower her quickly. I main xiaoyi and Julia and understand both of their weaknesses.

Julia has a lot of good low hitting Mids, but she's still a problem to pressure for most of the cast though

Top Bottom