• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 11/19/09 - Phoenix Wright (Wiiware), NMH (PS360)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
vicissitudes said:
God I hope not. Let KOF die already. That series peaked 11 years ago.
Boothisman.gif

SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH!!

KOF and GAROU have a lot to offer.
:mad:

lyre

Stumpokapow said:
Oh, you can't read Japanese?

The table of contents also has "The Adventures of NoPlot: Grinding Pokeymans In The Endless Dungeon: A Turn-Based RPG With SideScrolling Twitch Reflex Action Platformer Segments", DS Exclusive, 2010.
I don't need to buy yet another PokeMD game for the third time on the same damn console!

Gimme that
Matsuno powered SRPG Ogre canon
Pokemanz game already!

7Th said:
Hope this means we're getting more Wii ports for the PS360. Even just a resolution boost would make a huge difference.
I hope not. Shovelware in 600p is still shovelware.

olimpia84

Phoenix Wright on WiiWare? Day one! (I'm probably one of the few people in this world without a DS) :)

And I don't know what to say about NMH... I have a PS3 and a Wii so whether is a new game or a port it won't really affect me.

Fersis said:
Boothisman.gif

SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH!!

KOF and GAROU have a lot to offer.
:mad:

:lol :lol

I pretend every KOF game after 2001 doesn't exist.

And 2001 was only cool because of Ignitz. Man what a badass.

lorddarkflare said:
Fixed for lulz.

But seriously, this will not go over well with some people.
I think it will be fucking hilarious when it bombs just as bad if not worse then the Wii original.

What will those people say then?!

"We got FFXIII."

*cries*

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
vicissitudes said:
:lol :lol

I pretend every KOF game after 2001 doesn't exist.

And 2001 was only cool because of Ignitz. Man what a badass.
I agree with that... if badass means cheap.
And your are missing two of the best KOFs yet, KOF 2002 and XI.
XI is my favorite. (Havent played 2002UM)

mutsu

With those price tags on Gyakuten Saiban, I really doubt there will be any voice overs.

Which means I will most likely skip them given that I have already played each game twice.

Unless.... they blow me away with some really nice graphics and features.

thaOwner

lyre said:
I don't need to buy yet another PokeMD game for the third time on the same damn console!

Gimme that
Matsuno powered SRPG Ogre canon
Pokemanz game already!

Currently trolling
in this thread.

I lol'ed.

Thunder Monkey said:
I think it will be fucking hilarious when it bombs just as bad if not worse then the Wii original.

What will those people say then?!

"We got FFXIII."

*cries*

Bomb on Wii? Nay, it was Suda's first big success (unless you count Japan, but i do not).

I was hoping for an original game for that and many other reasons (i hated the first).

Persona7

Banned
OH GOD THERE IS SOMETHING FUNNY GOING ON IN MY PANTS

Whatever that NMH game is, I will buy BOTH VERSIONS on 360 and PS3. Even if they are the exact same.

Peff

grandjedi6 said:
Oh, but of course they "could" sell the Apollo Justice cases individual though if they wanted.

I guess what I'm saying is that I think the reason Apollo Justice wouldn't come to the Wii has more to do with marketing reasons than technical limitations

Sure, I was thinking more along the lines of offering a complete package which is what they're technically doing here as the first AA is the full game and the extra scenario is not really required, but episodic releases could work too. They're surely hopefully waiting for the inevitable possible Gyakuten Saiban 5 reveal.

Shadowlink said:
Those people were answering me.

It's a pretty straight forward joke.

Wii owner laughs at NMH bombing worse on PS3/360.

Asks what they think about it. They answer we got a game you didn't.

*sticks tongue out*

Wait, if NMH is the game Marvelous was talking about porting, that means they only plan to ship like 60k copies or something in Japan across both platforms? Does it even have a shot at making it to the west?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hope Capcom updates some of the stuff for the Wiiware version of PW. I am also a bit surprised they don't just compile all 3 games and put them one a retail disk, but oh well.

Alex

I wonder if they'd be fixing the awful side missions, pointless city and inept combat along with the controls on NMH.

cosmicblizzard said:
Wait, if NMH is the game Marvelous was talking about porting, that means they only plan to ship like 60k copies or something in Japan across both platforms? Does it even have a shot at making it to the west?

Up to Ubisoft.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Alex said:
I wonder if they'd be fixing the awful side missions, pointless city and inept combat along with the controls on NMH.

If it's a port, then they aren't going to change a thing.
If it's a new game, then it'll likely be a spin off.

DR2K said:
Stealing exclusives from the Wii, that's like stealing from a blind orphan.

Over 2 years later, I don't think it matters all that much...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
lyre said:

You know, mentally I'm trying to go through the list of Wii titles to see which games would significantly benefit from a PS3-360 port, and I'm not finding too much currently released.

Of the entire console library (and I'm not doing this to troll or beg, but to reflect on the NMH announcement), trying to find games that a) Are third-party, b) Either don't use motion controls, use them blandly enough that it wouldn't be a big deal if they were lost, or use them poorly enough that they actively sabotage the game, c) Would actually benefit from the boost in visuals, d) Aren't games that are basically Wii knockoffs of bigger or better franchises already on PS360. Here's what I've got:

- A Boy and His Blob
- Deadly Creatures
- Klonoa
- Little King's Story; although best of all would be if the game had IR control.
- Mad World
- Muramasa
- No More Heroes
- Opoona

That's pretty slim pickins. Of those, only No More Heroes strikes me as remotely commercially viable. Upcoming, only Arc Rise Fantasia, the ban magnet and the other ban magnet strike me as even remotely reasonable candidates. None of these possibilities seem likely so I can't imagine any other Wii->PS360 ports of note will be announced after this one.

I'm probably going to regret this post if it gets picked up by Wii-only owners offended that someone would discuss this or PS360-only owners eager to slobber. I really am not intending to spark port begging bullshit, just reflecting on the lay of the land.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
cosmicblizzard said:
Ship 60k copies of NMH? In Japan? Are you crazy? :lol

NMH bombed hard in Japan, if anything its the Japanese release we should be questioning.

DR2K

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
In other words it makes you feel all smug and satisfied?

Nah I got a Wii. Don't care for them orphans, always asking for food and parents, whiny bitches.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Will be interesting to see the scans, but I can't imagine NMH looking much better if it is a port.

Top Bottom