• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

BlackJace

What do you guys think, finished it in about an hour or so:

Quoted to make sure it isn't huge on screen.

All I have to do is go back and re-space the button symbols to be farther away.

Haha, the button circles make it look like Rise and Kanji have mustaches.

But it's really good. The presentation is nice and clean :)

Yeah, I am not pro at doing layouts so the buttons/stick over faces was something that I wasn't willing to work around, although I did flip the art I found so my favorite characters are mostly on the left side of the stick.

Ultimadrago

Due to P4 being my favorite game of all time and loving P3 almost as much I was going to buy this despite not liking/being awful at fighting games.

Cancelled my amazon pre order.

Teddy/chie voices are fucking nightmares.

Yeah, I'll be starting off with Japanese for Chie due to the voice. (Though I'm not huge on her Japanese voice either) Perhaps, I'll "get used" to it.

Teddie wasn't bad the first time I heard him, but more and more I sense the difference, the more it is bothering me.

I'm not going to vilify you over how you spend or don't spend your money, but maybe the initial dislike will wear down and you'll at least get acquainted with the voices (English or Japanese)?

Yeah, I am not pro at doing layouts so the buttons/stick over faces was something that I wasn't willing to work around, although I did flip the art I found so my favorite characters are mostly on the left side of the stick.

I think you did a great job on that bezel - in fact, that's the only position for the stick in my opinion. Besides, more real estate for Chie and Yukiko.

cj_iwakura

Community updated. If I missed you, repost or PM me.
(Not bad considering I had an eight week old kitten clawing at my flesh while reading through the thread.)

BlackJace

63GjM.jpg

Yeah I had to sacrifice a part of the main character's face in order to get the best shot in. Junpei and Aigis are front and center which is cool since they were my favs from P3. But hey, it gets the point across.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah I had to sacrifice a part of the main character's face in order to get the best shot in. Junpei and Aigis are front and center which is cool since they were my favs from P3. But hey, it gets the point across.

Why not cut the middle out. You could condense it a bit and basically shift the image around. It's a plain white image.

BlackJace

Why not cut the middle out. You could condense it a bit and basically shift the image around. It's a plain white image.

Well, I intentionally left the white space there to give it the sterile and clean look a lot of the official P3 art and wallpapers had.

Solune

Guys need your help:
Does Asia ver. of the game work on a JPN PS3?

Also add me to the list plz-
PSN: Tizoc789
Characters: Kanji

I was thinking more my namesake =V...and to an extent Tager =_=.

I don't get this 'anime fighter' term. Skullgirls plays a balanced MvC2.

I also hate "anime fighters" as a term. But Skullgirls doesn't play like MvC2 at all.

DR2K

Banned
Sorry that a game I would buy ONLY for the story/voice acting/nostalgia is no longer on my purchase list because of voice acting changes?

For people buying it for the fighting mechanics but would cancel if they put it an insane micro transaction gem system would you call that 6/10 trolling as well?

Wait you were being serious? Yikes. Well no reason for you to post in this thread.

New Chie and teddy voices sound pretty similar, so that's good.

So hype for this game. I wanna try out, like, a third of the cast. :D My excitement went through the roof when I saw that one of my favorite RPGs had been made into a fighting game.

Here's a P4 stick I made for my bro. Shoutouts to him for sticking it out with me for yet another fighting game.

So hype for this game. I wanna try out, like, a third of the cast. :D My excitement went through the roof when I saw that one of my favorite RPGs had been made into a fighting game.

Here's a P4 stick I made for my bro. Shoutouts to him for sticking it out with me for yet another fighting game.
p4stick.png

Ok, now that is fucking sweet, great job! Does it come in white?

BlackJace

Good. Maybe you should put a Stroke around the text, because it becomes lost in the color streak on the left. But I like the fact that you put a quote it. Makes it unique :)

Sophia

Adjust the text so it's readable and not overlaping the buttons, and you've got a near perfect looking skin. o_o

Solune

Hmm mind elaborating on that please? When I played it reminded me of MvC2's system.
To be very minimalist, it plays as a combination of GG/BB with Marvel mechanics and of course other fighters. Truthfully I haven't spent as much time as I should have with the game but that's definitely how I feel, especially with the way Launchers are done.
We are headed down a dark and trap ridden hole on this one.

Sorry Solar, also it's not even a negative (in fact alot of people see it as positive?). I can see the comparison but I think it's disingenuous describing it as MvC2 but balanced. Also this is getting OT and this isn't the FGC weekly thread so I'll leave it at that.

CPS2

Just preordered, so i should have it sometime in August. Please only add me if you're from Aus or NZ.

CPS2 - 360 - xT1GERSTYLEx - tier whoring at first - AU/NZ only plz

Yuripaw

Banned
New VA definitely sounds a little better.

I don't hate it for Chie, but it's still really different. I think I'll be fine accepting it in Arena, but it's gonna be really weird playing through Persona 4 Golden with a completely different voice actor.

Thanks much for the feedback guys C: I'll implement your suggestions.

Thanks! And sure, I can. What color do you want the text to be and what color do you want the outline of the characters to be?

If you would, white version with red text and no holes/stick/screw placement - I'll do postwork and try to get it to fit my Hori :) Thanks, Axelstream!

Sorry Solar, also it's not even a negative (in fact alot of people see it as positive?). I can see the comparison but I think it's disingenuous describing it as MvC2 but balanced. Also this is getting OT and this isn't the FGC weekly thread so I'll leave it at that.
The MvC2ness of the game stands out just a bit more than the influences from Vampire, Guilty Gear, CvS and the others.

Too many things like Alpha counters, assists, teams, DHCs, MvC2 resets/open ended combo system and character tags play an integral part of the game. Hell, they probably would have given us THCs if the 360 and PS3 didn't have crappy memory. A lot of the more ambiguous influences like the art style(Darkstalkers inspired) and the flow(Guilty Gear heavy here) fall short compared to the really apparent Mahvel inspired mechanics. I'll agree with you that it does sound strange to call it a "balanced" MvC2.

Yuripaw

Banned
Are there any sites where I could still order a custom made arcade stick like you guys keep showing? I don't have the skills to make something that awesome myself :(

Are there any sites where I could still order a custom made arcade stick like you guys keep showing? I don't have the skills to make something that awesome myself :(

Someone here, or I could make one for you - anything you would want? Do you know how to apply the image to the bezel for the stick? It isn't hard at all, just needs a few basic tools.

Yuripaw

Banned
Someone here, or I could make one for you - anything you would want? Do you know how to apply the image to the bezel for the stick? It isn't hard at all, just needs a few basic tools.

I can take apart, and put together my computer, but when it comes to making something pretty like an arcade stick, it's not really my specialty. I'd never know how to put the artwork on there right, because I can't even put a screen on my smartphone without getting a shit load of air bubbles. If you think you're able to make something cool, PM me, maybe we can talk about something, and see if it's within my budget.

IronLich

Throw me into the mix of the PSN list.

RADRAD
PS3
PSN: RADRAD1985
Mitsuru/Aigis

Fuck it, if it weren't for the P3 love, chances are I wouldn't be giving this game a second glance. When I first heard about this game, Aigis was my proverbial main because she was my favorite character in P3, but I changed my mind when I heard basic Mitsuru stuff. It's like May crossed with Noel. The best kind of character. And I still wanna play Aigis because mascot.

Scratch

Custom sticks, which means art and parts, are hella expensive. I'd just try custom art :) ask around to see if any one wants to make one for you. they'll usually be happy to oblige
unless you change your mind too often in which case they might get a teensy bit frustrated ehehe :p

I can take apart, and put together my computer, but when it comes to making something pretty like an arcade stick, it's not really my specialty. I'd never know how to put the artwork on there right, because I can't even put a screen on my smartphone without getting a shit load of air bubbles. If you think you're able to make something cool, PM me, maybe we can talk about something, and see if it's within my budget.

Sure, I'll make something and link it here or pm you - all you've got to do is buy a fightstick, then look on youtube for a video showing how to remove the bezel/buttons, and apply the art sticker (which Kinko's can print for you for like 5 bucks). You might have to resize the art to fit your bezel or just have the person at the graphic shop do it for you.

Yuripaw

Banned
Custom sticks, which means art and parts, are hella expensive. I'd just try custom art :) ask around to see if any one wants to make one for you. they'll usually be happy to oblige
unless you change your mind too often in which case they might get a teensy bit frustrated ehehe :p

I guess I don't need something made custom, but even if someone can apply some pretty colors/artwork to an existing stick, that'd be cool. I want something with Chie on it, hehe.

Top Bottom