• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Million Onion Hotel trailer is amazing (iOS, Kimura/Chulip/LittleKingStory)

randomkid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ildvdqaEvTE

Check it out, Kimura just revealed his next game, it is some kind of puzzle/whack-a-mole/hotel simulation for iOS, coming in 2014.

lNjTW0S.jpg

Here's a positive preview from Destructoid, there are bosses. http://www.destructoid.com/here-s-a-weird-one-million-onion-hotel-271603.phtml

Here is the OnionGames twitter account, many people enjoy following it, it's run by a humming onion.

https://twitter.com/oniongames
The developers, Onion Games, are a small group, but their members have worked on some of my favorite games in the past. Director Yoshiro Kimura was a producer for No More Heroes and Little King’s Story, and did work on Romancing SaGa 2 and 3. Art Director Kazuyuki Kurashima was a character designer for Super Mario RPG, Little King’s Story and Live A Live. Game Designer Tom Ikeda worked on Rule of Rose, Lollipop Chainsaw, Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility and more.

Here is Kimura in an onion hat.

wZZVXOB.jpg

iOS devices can be bought refurbished for much cheaper prices for people who are angry about platform choices. As far as I'm concerned this is a system seller, I know only a dozen of us know who Kimura is but just watch the trailer, here it is again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ildvdqaEvTE

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So if you cutr onions, they make you cry, but if you run a hotel on onions (onion waiters, onion soup, onion gardens, etc.), it makes people want to throw off their clothes and have sex on a table?

Hmn, very interesting, tell me more. I'll accept the possible side affect of people apparently growing super long-nosed asparagus men from my garden.

PowderedToast

GhaleonQ incoming in 3...2...1...

---

unfortunately I don't own an iOS device but I couldn't be more excited for kimura and his team. he finally looks enthused again, if anyone hasn't been following the onion games blog I highly recommend you check it out. its been used to document kimura's personal creative process in an incredibly imaginative and insightful way, a fantastic read.

randomkid

---

unfortunately I don't own an iOS device but I couldn't be more excited for kimura and his team. he finally looks enthused again, if anyone hasn't been following the onion games blog I highly recommend you check it out. its been used to document kimura's personal creative process in an incredibly imaginative and insightful way, a fantastic read.

Yup, love all the neato concept art he's always throwing up there.

I think my favorite thing about the trailer and teaser image is actually the hellish cityscape and bomber jets, reminds me of the best boss fight from his previous game.

I hope this game has super depressing subtext!

GhaleonQ

So, let's see: innovative "vertical"-based match puzzle system, King Slime Dragon Quest reference, coelacanth Moon: Remix R.P.G. Adventure reference, and a giant death explosion. I'm in.

At least I let someone else make the topic! (Good job, randomkid, incidentally.)

I hope this game has super depressing subtext!

Always, every time!

I assume you've read the blog, which I wouldn't call depressing, exactly. It does accurately describe a beleaguered Japanese game industry and the struggles of making unique games in the indie space.

If any of you need another reason to buy this game apart from its assured brilliance, Kurashima had brain surgery about a year ago, apparently, and almost died. I'm sure "art video game character designer and album cover art creator" is not the most lucrative thing to be, so I'm proselytizing about this even more than I otherwise would.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
The game was incredibly fun and Kimura is a riot.

I'm getting strong Chulip vibes from some of the character designs (like the asparagus) and the sound design. I guess this might be one of the first iOS games I'll end up buying.

Glad to see a thread was made for this. Kimura's one of the most interesting game designers we have in the industry, and one of the few people who I can see still shine on the mobile market, as much as he did on home consoles. The appeal of his work doesn't rely on inputs or flashy graphics.

Top Bottom