• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Exclusive Revealed Next Week On GTTV (Superbot's PS All-Stars)

Another PS3 exclusive? Sigh, F U Sony!

Seriously, I'd be hyped for the following:

Quantic Dreams new game
SSM game
Legend of dragoon 2 (ha)

and most of all: Syphon Filter

SykoTech

How is it smart to announce another game after you just announced a GOW game, and announce it 3 days before you show the first footage from that GOW game?

Because not every PS3 fan cares about GoW (I know I don't) and want to see other games that might interest them? If announcing different games close together isn't smart, then what conferences that announce several games all within an hour or so?

Fingers crossed for PlayStation Battle Royale or Mm's new IP.

Loudninja

How is it smart to announce another game after you just announced a GOW game, and announce it 3 days before you show the first footage from that GOW game?
Because they can. I dont care about how close announcements are or any other silly thing like that.

All I want to see is more games.

satriales

Because on that day it gets all of the press. If they wait until E3 then it will get lost among a hundred other announcements.

KAL2006

Banned
Sony with the Pre-E3 announcements again

19th April - GoW Ascension
Next Week on GTTV - PS3 game?
May 2nd - PS3 game?
May 10th - Soul Sacrifice Vita game revealed

le.phat

Sony with the Pre-E3 announcements again

19th April - GoW Ascension
Next Week on GTTV - PS3 game?
May 2nd - PS3 game?
May 10th - Soul Sacrifice Vita game revealed

Sony clearing its ps3 agenda preemptively so more
graphs and slides
vita reveals and announcements will fit into their conference.

El-Suave

It makes no sense for them to hold everything back for E3 so that some games can just be overlooked. By spreading out announcements they're allowing for their games to gain a level of attention that they wouldn't receive if they were all announced at one show. It's something that Rockstar learned a long time ago and something that many publishers/developers are starting to notice.

At least E3 is intenational news, while a GTTV episode isn't exactly that. If I were another media publication, especially non US, I'd be pissed at all these exclusives, publishers are "wasting" on GTTV and Game Informer. Rockstar doesn't do that, but instead they're having international "events" with their big trailers.

StuBurns

Banned
At least E3 is intenational news, while a GTTV episode isn't exactly that. If I were another media publication, especially non US, I'd be pissed at all these exclusives, publishers are "wasting" on GTTV and Game Informer. Rockstar doesn't do that, but instead they're having international "events" with their big trailers.
Rockstar don't give a fuck about E3. They get to do their announcements the way they do because they're bigger announcements than any other publisher makes. Sony don't make anything that even competes in terms of hype.

Whatever is shown on GTTV or in GI will instantly be on the internet for anyone to see. So I don't see how the international reach is an issue. I don't think that it's any different than what you see with Famitsu, and they have way more announcements than GI could even dream of. We already know that they're going to have an announcement about a new game from Capcom next week.

SykoTech

I honestly don't understand this mentality. Sure, E3 is great for the spectacle but I'd rather have announcements sooner than later.

Some people just seem to be brain-washed by the manufactured hype, and end up caring more about that then the actual games.

Though I have to wonder if he also posted that in the NSMB 2 thread as well.

GG game, QD game and Battle Royalle are very probable options. If it is a new Killzone I really hope they don't deliver a megaton of fail like the last time.

Kyon

Banned
wow sony, save the announcements for e3

im really not getting people who say this. A new game announcement is a new game announcement it shouldnt matter when it's revealed, or if they "win" E3 because we gain nothing from that except.. idk new game announcements? :/

jiggles

Banned
im really not getting people who say this. A new game announcement is a new game announcement it shouldnt matter when it's revealed, or if they "win" E3 because we gain nothing from that except.. idk new game announcements? :/

Sony wins pre3 every year.

M.D

Not directly related, but SCEE registered a trademark for "COLD HARD CASH" 2 days ago.

Did they ever reveal something from a developer based out of the US? Not that I have any idea what sort of game can be called "COLD HARD CASH"

Digishine

Banned
Not directly related, but SCEE registered a trademark for "COLD HARD CASH" 2 days ago.

Did they ever reveal something from a developer based out of the US? Not that I have any idea what sort of game can be called "COLD HARD CASH"

They just entered the Webcam industry. go on the site coldhardcash.com(nsfw). Maybe they gonna put it in their bravia's tv's to boost the sale's up.

Can we spam Yosp's twitter and tell him to tell Sony to stfu until E3? This is so fucking annoying.

They just entered the Webcam industry. go on the site coldhardcash.com(nsfw). Maybe they gonna put it in their bravia's tv's to boost the sale's up.

Thanks for putting that NSFW tag AFTER I go to it >=/

Drencrom

Probably 'PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale' or whatever it's called or Quantic Dream's new project.
Either is fine with me.

E3 is a venue for announcements, that's how they get hype. These things get MAJOR coverage there, and they end up wasting money by not going big with their announcements.

And yes it IS about "who wins" and "who loses" because when someone says they "win" that is saying they have generated the most hype. Hype is key to selling games, and Sony doesn't know how to do that. They haven't been able to properly market their products for years.

Read above.

M.D

Too bad you edited that after I entered that website with my mother sitting behind me on the sofa. Luckily, she was watching TV.

Please be Title Fight(Sony Smash Bros.)! Or maybe a new Quantic Dream game? Whatever is fine. I hope it's not yet another shooter or just a "reveal" of God of War IV.

And yes it IS about "who wins" and "who loses" because when someone says they "win" that is saying they have generated the most hype. Hype is key to selling games, and Sony doesn't know how to do that. They haven't been able to properly market their products for years.

How many E3's did Nintendo "win" this generation? They were constantly ridiculed by many for their showings at E3, but they still ran circle around MS and Sony when it came to software and hardware sales.

You're giving E3 way too much credit as far as the impact that it has on games in the long run.

Killzone series should either die off or wait until PS4.

I don't think there's much left to do with the series on PS3. The technical limitations will prevent them from introducing key innovations for multiplayer and campaign that are needed.

Sony has a huge hole in their first party titles, and that is a western RPG. Skyrim proved that they can be immensely popular, and Sony hasn't really focused on this genre at all.

Would be awesome to see Guerrilla come up with something on that front.

M.D

I honestly don't understand this mentality. Sure, E3 is great for the spectacle but I'd rather have announcements sooner than later.

So why do you watch E3 press conferences? Do you like the sales talk? Watch your favorite company exec get applause? I don't get people who DON'T want announcements at E3.

Announcements and amazing live stage demos is why I stay up for E3 every year.

I understand the argument for announcing games from E3 for marketing and attention reasons, but why would you as a gamer don't want them at E3?

Do you think the FFXIII announcement would have as exciting as it was if it was announced via a press release?

SmithnCo

It's pretty close to E3... Wonder if it will be anything worth getting hyped over. I guess PS All-Stars might be a possibility but I would've thought they would save that for the show.

Like someone said earlier, most people thy buy games don't watch E3 or even know what it really is. There's a lot of people I know that I wouldn't expect to already know about Ascension, but they know, and don't have a clue what E3 is. That's how it is with my friends. I don't think E3 is really a big deal for getting sales. What Sony is doing seems like a smarter tactic for actual business.

Top Bottom