• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Destiny TV commercial

Cyberia

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7gRz/destiny

Yesterday during the massively popular The Walking Dead, the premiere of Fox’s highly anticipated Cosmos and more the house of PS4 enacted a true commercial blitz with the airing of commercials for two of the biggest upcoming multiplatform games, Watch_Dogs and Destiny, both of which highlighted PS4. Destiny‘s commercial ended with the release date alongside a big PS4 logo on 9/9/2014 and the message “Share your greatest Destiny moments on PlayStation 4″, while Watch_Dogs’ commercial was closed by “Share your greatest Watch_Dogs moments on PlayStation 4.”

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03...ogs-and-destiny-commercials-during-big-shows/

Hoo-doo

Banned
Crazy soon to be having ads for this game.

But Sony and Bungie sure are happy to broadcast this as a PS4 game first and foremost.

Alienous

Is it Hubble's birthday or something?

Seems like a weird time to go to TV. That, or Activision is going all in.

Hoo-doo

Banned
It certainly looks like goddamn open-world Halo to me. Which is kind of neat.

Might resonate with the Halo base very well.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Did you really think Activision was going to sit around and let the Titanfall hype carry one without firing any salvos?
The games aren't all that similar and are coming out six months apart. I figure they would at least wait until TF hype quiets down then not stop talking about Destiny until launch.

This is a PS4 sharing ad rather than a Destiny ad.

It's simply using Destiny footage instead of random reels.

The games aren't all that similar and are coming out six months apart. I figure they would at least wait until TF hype quiets down then not stop talking about Destiny until launch.

This ad seems 100% Sony and not really from Activision... Activision's probably waiting, but Sony should continue advertising anyhow.

Mix

Sony isn't "jumping the gun"
A while back, Bungie said in a BWU that we'd see Destiny in 8 weeks, placing a beta release date in mid May, which makes sense because Destiny's beta will release on Playstation consoles two weeks ahead of Xbox consoles, wherein the beta is slated for "Summer 2014". It's really not that far in advance, it's the perfect amount of time.

daoster

I would figure that even if the games aren't all that similar, they might be targeting the same set of gamers.

I'm guessing that the beta is only a few months out. Time to get the name out there and drum up interest. 6 month marketing onslaught makes sense.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Which you really won't know until the end of the ad, and won't even know that you can't actually share anything about Destiny until September if not for a quickly flashed footnote that shows the release date. It's rather misleading and comes off as premature because of it.

I saw the Watch Dogs ad during TWD. But they need to give second son some love too. Its out soon and could've used the exposure on such a popular show.

Lucifon

They've been running an ad in the UK for weeks with Thief, Destiny and Second Son being shown.

This. Sony's marketing effort is seriously poor, and the trend seems to be continuing into the next generation. InFamous is out in less than 2 weeks yet the best it gets is bundled in with Thief and a game not out for another 6 months. That franchise has always deserved more marketing than it's ever received.

Saw the Destiny one last night.

I feel kinda bad for Sucker Punch. I haven't seen any marketing for Infamous and it seems like Sony has moved on to advertising Destiny already.

I think people are forgetting that we are getting the beta in about 3 months. Seems like a perfect time for Sony to show PS4 gamers that they have a perfect counter argument for Titanfall coming up.

It's simply using Destiny footage instead of random reels.

This ad seems 100% Sony and not really from Activision... Activision's probably waiting, but Sony should continue advertising anyhow.

This.

I don't understand how people can miss the context of this ad in such a huge way.

Doesn't matter what aspect of the PS4 ecosystem it advertises. There is Destiny footage, and there is PS4 at the end, so it's a Destiny PS4 ad.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pretty bad ad, mostly because it's so early so the whole "share your moments!" thing relies more on purchasing a PS4 down the line, and partially because the music sucked.

I can't tell you how much I hate the current trend of Sony's adverting where they use those weak ass songs about community to market their stuff.

I started watching the Destiny trailer and heard those first guitar riffs and stopped.

Top Bottom