• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown has PS3+Vita cross-save, but not cross-online play

raven777

http://dragons-crown.com/#multiplay

OXm.png

Dragon's crown site updated, and has some new information about multiplay

Basically, both PS3 and Vita version supports online mulitplay using PSN account.

PS3 and Vita version have cross-save features, but it does not support cross-online multiplay between PS3 and Vita.

For online play there is random matching system where they match you with someone who have similar level as you.

edit: please take out not in the title. :p

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Well....that's ok I guess if there's 4 player local play...

Was hoping my lil bro could play with his character on his vita while I'm on the PS3 with other brothers

I guess that's fine if he can just import his character to PS3. Just need more controllers now :/

A little worried about the feature set of this game at the moment....

Sophia

No cross-play basically means "Why buy the Vita version?"

PS3 version will almost certainly have more players on it. :\

Takao

Banned
Wasn't this initially announced as a YOPO game (the first iirc)? Is it still?

No, and no.

Ignition had set the MSRP for both versions at $30. When Atlus took over they laughed at that price, said it was impossible, and right now are charging over $80 for each version in Japan.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Honestly this makes me lose a ton of interest in buying it at all.

If they want to charge a full retail price at the game I don't think its unreasonable to actually expect a full feature set here and this game is failing on multiple fronts.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm okay with this. I don't think any of the people I know were planning on getting the PS3 version. Three have had the Vita version pre ordered since last year.

As long as there's ad hoc, I'm golden.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Dammit. I was looking forward to playing this on my Vita with friends on the PS3. Guess i'll just get it on PS3 then.

Labadal

What? Why? No reason for me to buy both versions anymore. Now I'll have to decide wich version to get. Most likely the PS3 version since it also offers offline play.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I thought cross play was advertised in the past? Either way, this unfortunately will derail my plans, now I'll have to wait ans see what version people are mostly getting.

Was hoping it would be cross-play and cross-buy. :(

Gonna have a hard time choosing between PS3 and Vita now. Blah, maybe I'll get both anyway.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm not sure why anyone would expect cross buy on a game that isn't being published by Sony. Is this a 2D stigma or something?

Takao

Banned
Man, it means little but the trailer for this game got over 400,000 views in four days. That's better than every SMT IV trailer ...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure why anyone would expect cross buy on a game that isn't being published by Sony. Is this a 2D stigma or something?

More of a Vita stigma than anything. (if any two games are identical on console and on vita, and there's no cross buy, I'm not getting the Vita version)

and also the persistent character building aspect. Games like that make owning on both versions really appealing. So I think it'd be a missed opportunity if there wasn't some kind of discount for buying both as an incentive for more people to buy both versions.(Like Amazon's 20 dollars off when you bought MH3 for Wii-U and 3DS.)

No clue how Japan's market will take to both version being full price, but that shit won't fly in the US

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Damn no cross play is extremely disappointing. I'd just been assuming it was a given.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Give an awesome Collector's Edition

$99.99 gets you PS3 + Vita + Goodies (Art book/Soundtrack, Poster, Maybe all characters as litho (small ones)

antibolo

Banned
Is multiplayer really that much of an essential aspect of this game?

I plan on getting the Vita version and just playing alone. I doubt I'll convince any of my RL friends to buy it and play online, and I don't care much for playing games with random Internet strangers. Will I be making a terrible mistake?

Is multiplayer really that much of an essential aspect of this game?

I plan on getting the Vita version and just playing alone. I doubt I'll convince any of my RL friends to buy it and play online, and I don't care much for playing games with random Internet strangers. Will I be making a terrible mistake?

If you've enjoyed other beat 'em ups in single player, then I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy this since it's supposed to have a lot more depth to it.

Top Bottom