• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer coming out [Thursday]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persona86

Banned
Can we refrain from using Beyond Two Souls as a comparison. Cyberpunk will have way way more gameplay possibilities then that, it will have crazy amounts of depth as well. beyond will be like HR, all QTEs.

Beyond will be like Heavy Rain but it will also have more gameplay elements and control.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Sure, but The Witcher 2 was the top of gaming graphics less than 2 years ago, this looks miles ahead.
And should be out this or next year?

What? no. 2014/2015

but keep in mind the game can't look this good that early.

meta4

Can we refrain from using Beyond Two Souls as a comparison. Cyberpunk will have way way more gameplay possibilities then that, it will have crazy amounts of depth as well. beyond will be like HR, all QTEs.

That has nothing to do with what the discussion on whether this is an ingame cutscene. Does not matter if the game is open world, linear nor does the gameplay matter.

I cannot possibly believe this is an in-engine character model.

Let alone in game.

I dont buy it either. I hope I eat crow.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
crysis3_psycho_lampwzfg0.gif

:D

Which Crysis 3 video is this from?

First thing that came to my mind. In the C2077 you can see some sort of camera lens reflected in her eyes, which also reminds me of the segment when
eyes would be checked during interrogation to ascertain whether the individual is a replicant or not

If they go this route in the game's story and explore it even more than Blade Runner did, that would make this one of my dream games.

Sure, but The Witcher 2 was the top of gaming graphics less than 2 years ago, this looks miles ahead.
And should be out this or next year?

I've never seen a generational jump as big from "D1", so i really don't believe it, not yet.

From Squares Agni demo:

original.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cheers fellas.

UrbanRats

A game that isn't even out yet.
From one of the top companies when it comes to graphics.
On PC, surely maxed out (since it's promotional material).
Backed up by a huge company like EA.

And it still doesn't come close to the level of detail.

@Maniac-kun: Yes, i already said that Luminous, a techdemo, is also inferior to this supposed in-game Cyberpunk shot.
I think you guys are deluding yourself.
Look at the eye close-up comparison, in the last page.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Damn, those lazy european devs will never learn. When you are in the dark and bright light shines in yoru face, pupils cannot remain dilated!!! They lack the basic attention to detail....

pre-order canceled? :p

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Eastern European culture (I'm an expert), but bugs and vodka are huge parts of it.

Sentenza

Damn, those lazy european devs will never learn. When you are in the dark and bright light shines in yoru face, pupils cannot remain dilated!!! They lack the basic attention to detail....

Goddamit, lazy euro devs, what's wrong with you?

boskee

I don't know where this 2014/2015 rumour even comes from. It should be out definitely by 2014.

It comes from the fact that CD Projekt has 3 titles due to be released by 2015. One "AA" title this year, one AAA in 2014 and one AAA in 2015. Now, because their CEO already confirmed that the second game in the works that we know of (RPG in dark fantasy world) is much more advanced, it's safe to say that Cyberpunk 2077 will be released in 2015.

That face shot is probably not ingame.

Can't wait for this fucking trailer!!!!!

love a good cyberpunk. And Love that they're caling it cyberpunk!

Props!!!

Actually, no.

Games are in the works secretly until the last year or even less of dev : then they are announced and already in really good (near final form) so perfectly ready to be promoted.

Games used to be announced when a licence was acquiered 10 years ago or even 15 years ago and you could follow the entire developpement through the press

Shows what I know.

Hindle

Banned
You just know one of the locations will be a seedy nightclub. There has to be, it's one of the main pillars of cyberpunk.

zkylon

zkylewd
See, this is what I hate about East Euro devs. I mean, she's clearly looking at a fairly bright light yet her pupil is so dilated she might as well be in a dark room, this is basic attention to detail that East Euro devs constantly miss. I don't know if it's just due to laziness, incompetence or lack of budget but unless I see her taking some mydriatics in the trailer, I'll continue to watch these games from the sidelines.
22588.jpg

Eideka

Banned
That's not the in-game model....Is it ?

No predefined character so yes !
That's not confirmed yet, perhaps CDProjekt will impose a character for narrative purposes, like they do with The Witcher series.

I would be fine with that anyway.

See, this is what I hate about East Euro devs. I mean, she's clearly looking at a fairly bright light yet her pupil is so dilated she might as well be in a dark room, this is basic attention to detail that East Euro devs constantly miss. I don't know if it's just due to laziness, incompetence or lack of budget but unless I see her taking some mydriatics in the trailer, I'll continue to watch these games from the sidelines.

I think that until they commit themselves to AAAA development, CD Projekt will just always be behind the curve on essentials like this. Bravo on your uncompromising stance!

I like where this is going. More please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom