• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captivate 2012 Rome - Embargo Ends April 10th

icX3PNH9sEuYB.gif

Now I'm looking forward to hearing Gerstmann's thoughts of the event on today's Bombcast. He didn't even sound happy about the trip during the PAX East panel. Know we know why.

In Gerstmann's Impressions I trust. Can't wait for the Bombcast.

Cap·ti·vate
verb
\ˈkap-tə-ˌvāt\
cap·ti·vat·ed
cap·ti·vat·ingt

To influence and dominate by some special charm, art, or trait and with an irresistible appeal.

I was not charmed with their art or their irresistible
lol
appeal. I want my hype back.

Wazzim

Banned

Gojiguy said:
Well, you see, the problem is that Monster Hunter 3 actually turned a profit. Capcpom can't have any of that.

So instead, they looked to Lost Planet 2- which actually set Capcpom back. It sold worse than MH3 (which wasn't a stellar seller) even though it was on two consoles.

So Capcpom decided that the gaming public wanted more LP than MH- haven't you seen all the fans and threads begging for a new LP?

All praise the glorious Capcpom! Only they truly know what we want!

Nice

I'm positive Nintendo will announce MH3G at E3. Cool down people.

Actually at this stage I'm not too much confident they will eventually release it.

Yes, it's a possibility that Capcom could bring 3G to the rest of the world and at the same time release a budget edition in Japan to make the most out of it, but if at next E3 they're going to announce MH4 for Q4 2012, then that's the game they're going to bring in the West; in other words, they probably just wouldn't bother to bring 3G to sell 1million copies max when there's around the latest iteration of the series to take the general attention, that possibly will support online multiplayer and would have much more commercial potential in Western countries(as far as I'm concerned I'm content enough with single player, as long as I can get still the most powerful weapons and armoursets, but I gather 3G without online would sell worse than Tri down here).

scy

Alas, MH announcements tend to be made in Japan... as such, I have no news to share at this moment but you shouldn't be worried.

Eagerly awaiting another one of Svesson's "don't worry MH fans, you still have big things to look forward to!!!" to carry us for another two years.

Hell, close enough!

Coxy

ah yes, this is capcom the massive company that cant be sustained by the small profits they make on ace attorney localisations, only the massive losses the endure from outsourcing to trrible developers can keep them going strong

Domstercool

I like how he says look at "number 27," which is Lost Planet 2, then Monster Hunter Tri is 21... God damn it! First page has two Monster Hunter titles as well! :D

Burai

shitonmychest57
Those poor journalists sitting on these embargoed megatons for the past week. It must have been torture trying to keep quiet about this Earth shattering information.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Those poor journalists sitting on these embargoed megatons for the past week. It must have been torture trying to keep quiet about this Earth shattering information.

Especially the ones that have anything to do with Nintendo. RE6 not coming to Wii U "at this time." God, I don't know how I would be able to not leak that super juicy detail. At least Rich gave us a little tease!

A piece of advice for Capcom regarding next year's Captivate: Drop the embargo, especially if the lineup is mostly if not entirely already known.

Burai

shitonmychest57
A piece of advice for Capcom regarding next year's Captivate: Drop the embargo, especially if the lineup is mostly if not entirely already known.

Maybe the embargo is to give journalists a chance to calm the fuck down after realising they'd wasted two or three days of their lives travelling to and from Rome to watch a new trailer for DmC.

"I missed my daughter say her first word to experience the Lost Planet 3 announcement."

Not a single goddam journalist went to the future of FG panel? Seriously?

Might still be Embargoed. Sometimes embargoes are spread over days to give writers time to write things up and also keep announcements in the news. I'm not expecting much myself, but there will probably be at least some talk of where they are going.

I have a feeling that Capcom is probably going to leave it's fighting game announcements till San Diego Comic Con from now on though since it's post-Evo and less chance of the fighting game fanbase getting salty if the announcements of things like new games, DLC and balance patches are after (or just before) Evo and there isn't time for said announcements to affect the games at Evo.

Plus, announcing another Marvel expansion this soon after the SF X Tekken fiasco would have probably created a fanboy meltdown that would have made Chernobyl look like a baking soda volcano.

Does Capcom pay for everybody to go out there?

Why don't they save the money, haha. If it is just for ho-hum announcements, updates. IDK.

I'll keep the Cyberbots 2 flame burning until E3.

Does Capcom pay for everybody to go out there?

Why don't they save the money, haha. If it is just for ho-hum announcements, updates. IDK.

I'll keep the Cyberbots 2 flame burning until E3.

I'm probably gonna get some flack for this, but I'd be open to a cyberbots reboot that made it a mixture of armoured core and power stone/anarchy regins.

[Looks at the Capcom IR page; reads this]:

#27 Lost Planet 2
Release : 2010/5
Platform : PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Units : 1,600 thousand units

Me: "Are you joking me?"

The reason why I am anticipating 3 is because it goes back to it's roots. The reason why LP2 was such a bomba was because it was focused on a weak story with faceless, bland characters.

Also, I read Gerstmann's take on Captivate. He seems delighted on what he saw. The only thing I disagreed on was that he felt no attachment to the previous, original Dante, despite that he felt comfortable with NT developing DmC.

jbug617

Banned
Just watch Invisible Walls (Gametrailers) and they said that Capcom pulled out one of their game announcements from Captivate and saving it for E3. The speculation it was a new Darkstalkers game.

I'm going to make a prediction of letdowns and failures to care.

Probably the same. Showcase three games with western influences and leave the rest on the shelf until the developers can find said influences to mix them up with.

Doomsday scenario: A westernized iteration of AA

Top Bottom