• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

camo

Shopto; Limitedrungames; PlayStation Store and Play-Asia :p

I'll occasionally pick up something from Grainger Games or CEX if they have something in stock I really really want.

Thanks. I actually bought a copy of Touch My Katamari for £8 in Grainger games the other day!

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/66oib1/the_jak_trilogy_with_the_latest_firmware_update/

Someone on reddit reporting that the Jak Trilogy runs a little better on the latest firmware. That's... bizarre. Although I'm informed that FW updates do sometimes do that.

First it fixes N.O.V.A then improves the performance of Jak Trilogy... best update in years?

Huh. I would call it a placebo effect, because postings like this appear on different accasions and most of the time they are false. But hey, it's worth checking out. I'd love to play the Jak & Daxter games on my Vita, but the current state is just terrible. I'll take any improvement I can get.

Shinriji

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/66oib1/the_jak_trilogy_with_the_latest_firmware_update/

Someone on reddit reporting that the Jak Trilogy runs a little better on the latest firmware. That's... bizarre. Although I'm informed that FW updates do sometimes do that.

First it fixes N.O.V.A then improves the performance of Jak Trilogy... best update in years?

I felt that moving around in the UI and open games is quite faster.

Didn't find any improvements in games, though.

What did it fix for NOVA?

As in they fixed it in general. It wouldn't work on Vita on FW 3.6.4 and it works again now.

Huh. I would call it a placebo effect, because postings like this appear on different accasions and most of the time they are false. But hey, it's worth checking out. I'd love to play the Jak & Daxter games on my Vita, but the current state is just terrible. I'll take any improvement I can get.

I felt that moving around in the UI and open games is quite faster.

Didn't find any improvements in games, though.

So I tried out Jak 1 and a little bit of Jak 3 and you know what... the menu improvement is legit. Like they're no longer laggy and are actually responsive now, that has 100% definitely changed.

Didn't notice any changes in-game myself though, ditto.

Tohsaka

Hey Vita peeps.

I've recently returned to my Vita after not fully getting onboard with the Switch. The Switch screen (I got) was too yellow an it upscaled horribly on my 4K Bravia, so it went straight back to Amazon.

I've had a look in my local game, cex and cash converters and the options are quiet limited/bloody expensive! Although I did luck out on finding a mint (but no box) OG Vita for £80 with three games and...get this...four 16gb memory cards! The sales assistant even commented that 'it's a great buy, because those cards must be worth at least a fiver each.'

Where do you guys get your games from?

Amazon, or Amazon Japan/Amiami/Play-Asia for imports.

I love your optimism! :D

I think it's reasonable to expect a localization of Scarlet Grace, Kawazu clearly wants it and I doubt Square would skip a moderately budgeted JRPG like this in the west, even if it just has niche appeal.

But I wouldn't expect it to appear on Vita in the west sadly. Mobile and/or Switch seems more likely.

edit: I finished my latest review of Attack on Titan for Vita, if anyone's interested. Solid game with a few unfortunate technical problems. Very faithful to the anime/manga too:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/04/22/vita-attack-on-titan-wings-of-freedom-review/

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Spot on.

And it's quite OCD of me, but I'm planning to get a Glacier White PSV to be my US account Vita, and I'd quite like a white PSTV to be my US account PSTV :p

Ha ha, I think OCD-ness lends itself to being a Vita collector. All my Vitae are completely color coded ヽ(・ω・)ノ 

I think it's reasonable to expect a localization of Scarlet Grace, Kawazu clearly wants it and I doubt Square would skip a moderately budgeted JRPG like this in the west, even if it just has niche appeal.

But I wouldn't expect it to appear on Vita in the west sadly. Mobile and/or Switch seems more likely.

Agreed. Scarlet Grace also (kind of inexplicably) underperformed in Japan, so budget recouping means it will be ported. And if it's ported to Switch (most likely IMO) and/or mobile, it'll be localized.

Aokage

By the way, good folks, if you're interested...retweet for great justice.

FataMorganaMockupX.jpg

Sondar

Anyone know any details/info about a European physical release of Period Cube? Aksys tweeted sometime ago about 'limited quantity release' (or something along those lines) but everytime someone tweets them asking about a Euro physical release, they get ignored. :/

Saphirax

Shizuka

Thanks so much! Not to get anyone's hopes up, but I think we have a chance here.

The hardest part would be to get Dramatic Create onboard, but I don't think that as consumers, we can reach them. They don't even acknowledge any message on Twittter and everything they write is japanese.

Sondar

http://www.365games.co.uk/playstation-vita-games/period-cube-shackles-of-amadeus-ps-vita-game

Apparently 'extremely limited' means only one website. No idea why they're being so quiet about it.

Thanks. :)

I see that they're also listing the US version which has the PlayStation TV Compatible logo on it whilst the UK version doesn't. Plus they've put their 365 logo where the age rating would be on both images.

Guess I will place a preorder for the UK version & see what happens!

Saphirax

Thanks. :)

I see that they're also listing the US version which has the PlayStation TV Compatible logo on it whilst the UK version doesn't. Plus they've put their 365 logo where the age rating would be on both images.

Guess I will place a preorder for the UK version & see what happens!

If you click on the image it shows the boxart without their logo.

OMG, is this real?

When will this be available??

I've spent so much on gaming this year already!!!!!!!!! gah.... 2017!!!

It's a mock up someone made of what a hypothetical LE would look like for the game if it were in English, which is then being used to show the devs "hey people kinda want this". It's not real.

Aokage

Yeah, it's not real...yet!

I do very much apologize if anyone had a heart attack moment on seeing it, but I did try to label it as clearly as possible.

Jimrpg

I don't know where else to put my gripe, but seeing all those comments in the main gaming forum about Switch nailing it and wanting handheld versions of full games, ummm... what, Vita did it long ago.

Yeah, it's not real...yet!

I do very much apologize if anyone had a heart attack moment on seeing it, but I did try to label it as clearly as possible.

Haha its cool, I didn't read it properly.

Although if you did that on the main forum with a big game like Half Life or something... you'd be in a spot of bother. :)

I don't know where else to put my gripe, but seeing all those comments in the main gaming forum about Switch nailing it and wanting handheld versions of full games, ummm... what, Vita did it long ago.

To be fair, there seem to be an equal number of users who don't want console-like experiences on the handheld.

Saphirax

Well, that's just not happening is it. That means the game is already ported to Vita (it isn't even available in Japan) and is going through console QA atm.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'll be surprised if it releases in Q2. They haven't mentioned the vita version at all and suddenly it has the same release date as on steam? I don't buy it.

I'll be surprised if it releases in Q2. They haven't mentioned the vita version at all and suddenly it has the same release date as on steam? I don't buy it.

I'd be impressed if it releases this year.

They've been a complete clusterfuck with PR and I honestly don't believe anything they say with regards to the Vita version. They were still (as of a few days ago) insisting that the Vita codes they'll be giving to backers are "region free", rofl.

Saphirax

I'd be impressed if it releases this year.

They've been a complete clusterfuck with PR and I honestly don't believe anything they say with regards to the Vita version. They were still (as of a few days ago) insisting that the Vita codes they'll be giving to backers are "region free", rofl.

I think they have no idea and are just making assumptions. I'm sure it's completely logical to them for the vita version to have the same release date. In reality, no one's probably even porting the game (yet).

Ephidel

Uh...so the vita version of Dies Irae has the same release date as the steam version.

Now, about getting the game on EU PSN...

https://mobile.twitter.com/diesirae_steam/status/856340211952791552
I don't buy it, personally.

I assumed a port would happen eventually (and half suspected one was already planned for Japan before the kickstarter started) because light have experience porting their PC games to Vita - they released KKK, Silverio Vendetta, and Senshinkan Gakuen Hachimyouji already, after all. There's also the fact they already released a PSP port of DI.

That said, a vita port hasn't been announced for Japan yet, and as this PC version is meant to be the most-complete-so-far I assume there might be content in it that might need pruning before a Vita version could get released.
If it does, that means the translation might need alteration to accomodate for that. Then you need to get someone to actually apply the translation, and maybe re-code to allow the correct amount of space for it. Then you need to get it rated.

Then even if that was all done, this is a company that can't even get their physical PC prints done on time because of... whatever reason that ended up being.
I don't think they're capable of releasing a Vita version on the PSN without experiencing problems.

Joe Molotov

Does Play-Asia restock older games often? I ordered some games a month ago during that BOGO deal, and they're still backordered. Wondering if I should leave the order open, or just cancel it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Meh, always doubt of (recent)indie 3d games on Vita.
In the past indie 3d games run well, but now it seems that developers are just rushing their Vita ports,

I'm really disappointed. Crescent Moon have been quite vocal on Twitter about bringing some of their other stuff to Vita and they've got a back-catalog of stuff I'd really like to see, ranging from FPS' (Neon Shadow) to Elder Scrolls clones (Ravensword) to No Man's Sky meets Metroid (Morphite).

However I've already seen a decent number of people turned off from this by footage of the game running on Vita, which likely means it's gonna bomb (I mean, it's not the most well received game at the best of times) and without sales figures to back up their investment I can't see them continuing to release stuff on the platform.

I had always hoped mobile devs would fill the gap in Vita's library when the western devs left, kinda like how we got Dungeon Hunter and Asphalt at launch, but none of that ever happened sadly.

Yeah, at this point it's not really surprising to see the decreasing quality of ports. Just compare all the recent console downports to many of the games released 2 or 3 years ago. It's not only Indies. Just look at all the musou games from KT for example. Dynasty Warriors Next is a launch title and still better than most of the recent musou games in terms of graphics and framerate.

If the Vita is not the target plattform, the port is usually poor recently. Using engines like Unity, which need a lot of optimization, isn't helpful either.

Top Bottom