• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Kensuke

Amazing match. Shapovalov seemed incredibly clutch for an 18 year old. If he can improve his net game he will be one for the future. The most fun thing to see was Shapovalov and his Nadal-like abundant celebrations. Nadal must have felt old, lol.

Nadal was too passive and just overall kinda bad.

Wow, Shapovalov up a break in the 3rd, didn't think he had it in him after the first set

Never mind

Serving for the match now

And hes going to the semis

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Cincinnati draw is out:

Men's projected QFs

Nadal v Tsonga
Thiem v Nishikori

Zverev v Raonic
Fed v Dimitrov

Women's projected QFs

Pliskova v Wozniacki
Muguruza v Kuznetsova

Kerber v Svitolina
Halep v Konta

Haven't looked terribly closely but Nadal could get Muller in the third round, Delpo v Berdych first round, Goffin v Kyrgios first round

i just wondered if kids of tennis players ever get into tennis themselves and i was super disappointed to see that Graf/Agassi kid is a baseball pitcher.

Casually reaching every masters and gs final he paticipated in.

One win away from taking the lead in the race, which means nadal would have to outplay him this fall to reach 1.

i just wondered if kids of tennis players ever get into tennis themselves and i was super disappointed to see that Graf/Agassi kid is a baseball pitcher.

If my parents were famous professional athletes I would stay far away from their sport. You'd spend your whole life trying to get out from their shadow, always being compared to them.

Niraj

Thrilling women's semi here. At least the Sloane-Woz one was moderately entertaining.

The other two semifinalists are Halep and Svitolina who cant hit her out of the court and are certainly no mental giants, so yeah... Probably not.

Pretty sure Svitolina crushed her in one of those lost finals so wouldn't say it's a given

This damn kid lol. Amazing run.

Well thank you :p

Anyone have this racquet? I'm thinking about getting it.

rs.php

I currently only have 1 racquet, which is a Head Graphene Radical Pro (older model)

Niraj

Hope he can break back and take it to a tiebreak at least

edit: had some chances, but oh well. Really good run, made the tournament fun this week.

Kensuke

Shapovalov can't be too sad about that loss, but it's a shame about gifting those 2 breaks at the end of both sets and not making one of the numerous break points near the end. Hopefully we see a lot more in the future.

Sascha has a great chance tomorrow with Fed.
Fed has played pretty average this whole week which is good enough for beating guys not in the top 10.
Fed has never won in Montreal so I'm rooting for him.

Zverev is really impressive this year. All he needs to do now is up his game at Gran Slams and just stay on route. He is still so young, got like 10+ years in him.

Ricker

Great run for Shapovalov this week,my prediction before the Nadal match,that I made sarcastically,almost came through lol...I think Shapo will be around 70 in the rankings come Monday,a nice jump.His team is asking the USO for a wildcard,I hope he gets in...

Great match from Zverev...the way Federer played this week,if he plays the same today,Zverez will win the Rogers Cup.

Maria withdrew from Cinci.

Looks like she will head into the USO without any match preparation. :|

Her ranking still isn't high enough to get a direct acceptance. If the US Open doesn't give her a wildcard, she will have to come through qualifying. Hopefully the USOpen won't reward the doper with a wild card

LuuKyK

Her ranking still isn't high enough to get a direct acceptance. If the US Open doesn't give her a wildcard, she will have to come through qualifying. Hopefully the USOpen won't reward the doper with a wild card

I doubt she will play quallies. Its all PR talk. She is probably getting a WC.

Top Bottom