• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Yoshi title announced for Wii U! (Looks like Yoshi: Epic Yarn)

Yoshi Wii U announced on Nintendo Direct! HOLY CRAP!

Here's the gameplay they showed off. Looks awesome!

http://youtu.be/MB_1X4oRIPM

Screens:

rn0F8Ag.jpgiiU_Yoshi012313_Scrn01.jpg

48E4Ygt.jpg

QwcZxjc.jpg

iZBsOJo3XxxNc.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Cat out of the fucking bag.

Which also means Metal Gear Solid for Wii U is legit.

Shit just got real.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I need this O_O

Need pics!

atomsk

Party Pooper
yeah, stuff that was in the "test area" of Miiverse continues to come true

first Soul Hackers, now this

sakipon

Crocheted Yoshi reminded me of Sackboy. Otherwise the game looked great. Definitely will keep an eye on this one.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I can only hope it's not babby's first platformer like Kirby's Epic Yarn.

I feel like Epic Yarn was no less difficult than Return to Dreamland. True, you couldn't die in Epic Yarn, but the base level of playing the game was going for hitting the jewel minimum, and to do that, it was no less difficult than Return to Dreamland. I'd argue that the Pirate Ship level in particular (it's been years, can't remember what level number it is, it's the optional level around world 3 or 4) was harder than anything in Return to Dreamland.

Neither were "difficult" per se, outside their challenge modes. But that's Kirby for you.

Laranja

I think it looks a bit too derivative of Epic Yarn.

I hope they change the style a bit by the time they release. I mean, full cloth Yoshi looks pretty good and it would be awesome if that's what we get for the whole game, but I didn't care for yarn Yoshi one bit.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Massively disappointed in this. A total retread with that visual style (out of ideas already?) and once again a babby game coming far below the almighty Yoshi's Island.

I will just have to dream of a full budget 3d Yoshi game I guess.

So, which footage shows their hopes for the actual game? The first couple seconds look just like they imported Yoshi into Kirby's Epic Yarn. But, towards the end they show a couple really nice looking HD screens.

Galang

Banned
The first footage looked straight out of epic yarn, but I was really impressed once they showed the additional screens. The environments were amazing, but unfortunately the stream was lagging a lot for me to really see.

teeny

I hope there are some levels that look more complicated than the gameplay shown, something more akin to the stills later in the video. Some of the effects at the beginning were cool, but it all looked far too basic. Having it slightly more 3D (if that makes sense), with more going on in the backgrounds will be cool.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
I'm really looking forward to it but yeah, the difficulty needs a lot of adjusting from Epic Yarn.

Top Bottom