• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
DeanKnight (1/6 reviewer) on YT is super excited just for the pole, lol.

Whyyyyyyyy...
He knows that you can buy brass tubes for like not even a buck, right?

Kinetiquettes' The Beast Unleashed 1/4 Scale Diorama - Ryu

Best Ryu figure/statue in my opinion. If only I had that kinda cash laying around.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/46023

3465b6f9-53e7-4c33-a17b-972396ef1000.jpg

fcf534c3-1881-4eb9-b0bb-29c3df5b3c18.jpg

Not a big fan. Few have really impressed me. There was the Super SFIV one that had Shinkiro vibes. Also, I just came across this on ebay that is based on the SSFII intro

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Street-Fi...d=322696026159&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I kinda like it.

upcoming preorders: i've been waiting for these a long time:

Max and Miria Premium Finish
details:
ZWBKr2T.jpg

1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie Premium Finish (Millia)
Release Date: February 2018
Price: Y25800 / Y27864
Preorder Date: September 15 - October 13, 2017

c9qyKxh.jpg

1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie Premium Finish (Max)
Release Date: August 2018
Price: Y25800 / Y27864
Preorder Date: September 15 - October 13, 2017

1upsuper

Messi keeps this thread from just becoming another Star Wars thread so I say keep the Harleys coming.
I like you, Star Wars GAF. I just don't understand you.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Messi keeps this thread from just becoming another Star Wars thread so I say keep the Harleys coming.
I like you, Star Wars GAF. I just don't understand you.

Mahvel baybee

LiK

I gave up preordering from AmiAmi unless the discount is huge or they have some bonus. Seems a lot of US online stores have it around the same price once you include SAL Registered shipping with AmiAmi. Doesn't make it worth preordering from them anymore.

I gave up preordering from AmiAmi unless the discount is huge or they have some bonus. Seems a lot of US online stores have it around the same price once you include SAL Registered shipping with AmiAmi. Doesn't make it worth preordering from them anymore.

What did it for me was their shipping costs. They started to get really pricey because of all the packing material they use. I switched to Hobbysearch and the shipping costs came waaay down. Their discounts aren't much less than Ami's either.

So I got my claim check for my flooded lower level of my house. I stored my comics down there. All of the comics were were less than 4 years old. Nothing really valueable. Two short boxes were damaged by water. I claimed 120 comics total with a cover price of 2.99 for a total of $360. They gave me $250 so I get a Hot Toy now!

I'm thinking either K2SO or old Luke.

So I got my claim check for my flooded lower level of my house. I stored my comics down there. All of the comics were were less than 4 years old. Nothing really valueable. Two short boxes were damaged by water. I claimed 120 comics total with a cover price of 2.99 for a total of $360. They gave me $250 so I get a Hot Toy now!

I'm thinking either K2SO or old Luke.
lol, that's awesome.

LiK

What did it for me was their shipping costs. They started to get really pricey because of all the packing material they use. I switched to Hobbysearch and the shipping costs came waaay down. Their discounts aren't much less than Ami's either.

Yea, I might go back to HobbySearch for JPN preorders. Just gonna let my AmiAmi preorders continue to lapse. Don't even care if I get banned on their site anyway. BBTS with $4 shipping is fantastic and of course Amazon has been stocking more import figures and that's good as well.

So, you guys...I need to borrow your wisdom for a bit. Should I go chrome or regular?

Chrome costs $60 more...

That was more of a fighting game reference :p

You can't go wrong with any of them, I'd pick the chromed one myself. is that the Sentinel one or the new GX-75 Soul of Chogokin?

But you're paying $800 for a LEGO set. I'm getting 2 PFs for not much more than that.

But the LEGO set looks good on display AND gives me 20 hours worth of hobby time with the assembly. A much better investment. And the last UCS Falcon ended up costing 10x more than retail on the aftermarket once production stopped, which is something that PFs don't even do.

I mean it completely sold out in two hours and that's with their servers shitting the bed.

But the LEGO set looks good on display AND gives me 20 hours worth of hobby time with the assembly. A much better investment. And the last UCS Falcon ended up costing 10x more than retail on the aftermarket once production stopped, which is something that PFs don't even do.

I mean it completely sold out in two hours and that's with their servers shitting the bed.
this is true. that set will be worth monies.

Seems cray-cray to me that there are that many people willing to fork over almost $1k for a LEGO set.

AFOLs are nuts, man. Add the Star Wars collectors to that group and it is seriously probably the craziest group of collectors you'll see.

Well after the assholes that collect Hot Wheels. Never met a nice person who does that but whatever.

Top Bottom