• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is twitch.tv acting weird for anyone else?

Kabuto

I'm logged into like 6 different people's accounts and I can't log out. I was in one of the users chats and there were a ton of people that were having the same thing happening to them.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I used it for the first time just now and signed into someone else account after making mine.

Amir0x

Banned
That sounds like a crazy serious problem, damn. I better go delete my twitch account if I can get to it.

TheD

The Detective
Wait.... what!
How the hell can you sign into an other person's account while staying logged it?!

sunnz

Heh.

In a certain channel, a guy was saying stuff like " this is not me, im not a mod/ sub" thought he was trollin... Guess not.

Amir0x

Banned
wtf I just randomly typed in the URL and the site was already logged into someone else's account!?

How can a problem like this happen!

Edit: Three different times!?

Holy goddamn shit at what a huge issue this is

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
That really does sound crazy - I've been logged in and chatting on a stream for a few hours now with no problems, and no one else has mentioned this either.

Booshka

Hope I don't lose my 5+ year old account I have had since the JTV Gaming days. I think I just won't sign in today and hope it gets fixed soon.

I was logged into my account, but decided to check around because of this. When I looked into my messages I was switched into another account and could see their PMs.

That's a mess.

Amir0x

Banned
I think the title needs to be updated to reflect the severity of this issue. I've never seen something this bad happen for a website like this before.

Wow, yeah logged into my account and it totally logged me in to another guys account. GG Twitch, as if you haven't already been stuttering garbage the last couple of weeks as it is.

Corsick

Luckily I have not had this problem, but a stream I was watching had someone talking about the EXACT same issue you all are having.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
When I go to the homepage, I'm logged in as ogsZyphent, whom I've never heard of. If I go to any channels, I'm logged in as myself.

This is potentially a huge fucking issue, given that Twitch has my credit card information.

Tan

Whoa this is seriously messed up. I'm glad I use a different password for twitch and don't stream anything.

edit: I refreshed and now I can't log in and am not getting logged into anyone else's account?

It doesn't look like you can actually do any damage. Worst thing that happens is you see the email address of what appears to be only 2 accounts.

Do you guys get sent to Apopp's account page when you click the settings option on the main twitch page?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
When I go to the homepage, I'm logged in as ogsZyphent, whom I've never heard of. If I go to any channels, I'm logged in as myself.

This is potentially a huge fucking issue, given that Twitch has my credit card information.

I never use twitch but what does having a CC on there do?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This explains why a lot of typical streams don't have the usual amount of viewers. Recipients probably cannot log into their own accounts.

This is a serious issue.

Corsick

I am VERY lucky I didn't give twitch any CC info, but I actually just tried to go to my settings and I AM logged in as someone else when I got to my info page. When I'm in the "channels you follow" page everything looks normal. It says it's me and everything as if there's no issue. Holy crap this is a big problem and I am very concerned.

It doesn't look like you can actually do any damage. Worst thing that happens is you see the email address of what appears to be only 2 accounts.

That and read the first page of someone's PM's. This is a major fuckup, but like you said it seems like someone wouldn't be able to do anything too horrible.

What the fuck is going on?

I actually had a stream archive and now it's been swapped with someone else's account.

EDIT: I JUST GOT SWAPPED WITH AN ACCOUNT THAT HAS OVER 13K FOLLOWERS

wtf twitch

Holy crap. Luckily my account doesn't have any sensitive info on it, so I'm not going to bother trying to access it. But wow, this is awful. RIP Twitch.

Edit: it seems that you can't do anything horrible with other user's accounts. So that's good, at least

antitrop

7VOzetJ.jpg

Top Bottom