• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

BJ Foster should be a layup. ?

I work in Angleton so this hits close to home. I was at Fuddcuckers yesterday and some dad overheard me talking about CFB. He proudly interjected and said "My son plays for Angleton and is a ranked as a top 10 TE in the state. He's only a sophomore though so he's still deciding what schools to look at." I asked him where does he want to go. He said " I don't know, but I think the goal is Alabama". Then one of the guys with him said "Now you cut that out". And he replied "If he goes to Alabama he can win a title right away!"

That anecdotal moment was a real life eye opener for me. I read that top in state recruits are leaving the state to play for other programs left and right but to hear that from a parent made it real to me. Texas and aggy used to be the only 2 schools kids in Texas wanted to play for, now they are secondary.

I work in Angleton so this hits close to home. I was at Fuddcuckers yesterday and some dad overheard me talking about CFB. He proudly interjected and said "My son plays for Angleton and is a ranked as a top 10 TE in the state. He's only a sophomore though so he's still deciding what schools to look at." I asked him where does he want to go. He said " I don't know, but I think the goal is Alabama". Then one of the guys with him said "Now you cut that out". And he replied "If he goes to Alabama he can win a title right away!"

That anecdotal moment was a real life eye opener for me. I read that top in state recruits are leaving the state to play for other programs left and right but to hear that from a parent made it real to me. Texas and aggy used to be the only 2 schools kids in Texas wanted to play for, now they are secondary.
Tom will make it better

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Don't they know, that the Death Star was destroyed already?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

andycapps

NCAA put LOIC back on the table for UNC so yeah, they might be screwed. Lot of their coaching staff has been leaving recently.

Head football coach Michael Johnson has resigned and is taking a position on staff at the University of Michigan. Good luck coach!!

Son Michael Johnson Jr. is one of the top dual-threat QB recruits in the class of 2019.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Head football coach Michael Johnson has resigned and is taking a position on staff at the University of Michigan. Good luck coach!!

Son Michael Johnson Jr. is one of the top dual-threat QB recruits in the class of 2019.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Head football coach of where? The world?

Ganhyun

Wow, fuck that guy. If this gets its own GAF thread people will explode.

Edit:

Just saw there was a thread and people, while angry, are more just wondering if he was a victim of his dad and that caused him to go the same route.

ag-my001

Because I stay out of Off Topic for potentially big topics, is this the same adopted son that testified against him in the trial? I thought I remembered there being multiple adopted kids overall. I also thought that he changed his name, but I suppose it's possible it wasn't fully legal yet.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Wow, fuck that guy. If this gets its own GAF thread people will explode.

Edit:

Just saw there was a thread and people, while angry, are more just wondering if he was a victim of his dad and that caused him to go the same route.
I think it's a fair question, albeit not one really relevant to his culpability, decades later, of allegedly molesting a child.

Ganhyun

I think it's a fair question, albeit not one really relevant to his culpability, decades later, of allegedly molesting a child.

Im honestly just surprised that people arent going off like they normally would. Since his adopted father is in jail for the same thing, I guess since someone posted a fair point people are actually caught up in it.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

In other HS QB news a kid who is in the Trogans next class was pulled out of Oaks Christian by his parents over the weekend with no reason given.

andycapps

http://es.pn/2lBo67G]ESPN preseason FPI is out now.[/url]

Ohio State, Bama, Oklahoma, Florida State, Auburn, LSU, Clemson, Penn State, Washington, and Wisconsin make up the top 10.

Reminder, FPI is FAKE NEWS

CtNLEedXEAAEIFo.jpg

5 out of 10*

Literally anyone could get 5 of the last top 10 teams right, plus the new one has OSU as 1. Im not upset at all over, its stupid ESPN parrots this bullshit non stop

6 out of 10 preseason to post season seems pretty good to me. I'm guessing you're just annoyed it left out Ohio state.

Ohio State, is that the lousy team that couldn't even muster a single point in the national semifinal? Or was that some other awful team from the Big Ten. It's hard to keep the awful Midwest teams separated.

Top Bottom