• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death-Cargo - The Possible Scam Fighting Game That May Not Exist - Out Now!

So still nothing on this game today. No youtube videos no nothing. I thought people that bought the game are aloud to release footage now that the trailer is out? LOL

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
So still nothing on this game today. No youtube videos no nothing. I thought people that bought the game are aloud to release footage now that the trailer is out? LOL

I'm pretty sure those 6,000 people are either imaginary or in the Mafia.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.

Hey if anyone downloaded any of the original trailers or beta videos, PM me. I'll give you an FTP site to upload if you don't mind so I can get a copy of them. thx

Imbarkus

Someone on GAF owns the game:

I just installed the game, it's real. And at first sight, it's very unfinished. I have corrupted files inside, some stages are not working, some characters disapear during matches. It's freaky as hell. Mailed the devs that told me their server was collapsing and creating corrupted files.

The game has the same digits for all characters but that could be the corrupted files. The deathrips are not working because of this too. Some stages are ugly it makes me laugh so hard.

Pics :

S7LpMYy.jpg

DfBMW1r.jpg

GUvWWzP.jpg

tIq1v4Y.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=111958708&postcount=1078

It exists! it's just bad.

Shane

Downloading now...

Quick question: A zipped file is a zipped file. How can server traffic affect the content in it to corrupt the game? Surely it just wouldn't download, right?

notworksafe

I played the demo of this last year (I think). Was pretty lame but I'm a sucker for goofy fighting games so I probably would have bought it.

Not anymore though. Shady business :\

Shane

Downloaded it. Played it. It exists. However, it has a lot of bugs and crashes at the end of every fight. Seems like some files are missing from the digital version at the moment. More updates to follow.

The character designs are hilarious but Plasma just kind of pisses me off to look at. Looks like some portrait art of Marco merged with K' while completely removing the appeal of either.

Imbarkus

Welp that scores it. It's real. Time for a thread title change I guess.

It seems that all the coverup and protestation and threats were to cover up... what... embarrassment?

Or is this a genius PR machine of which I am just an unwitting cog? hmmmm.....

Tellaerin

I'd love to check out the character bios, but everything's ridiculously scaled down for me for some reason. Just this big column of unreadably tiny text and miniature pictures surrounded by a screenful of blank space. Music is pretty cool, though.

Shame the game seems to be a mockup/hoax, because I'd be interested in it if it was actually, you know, a real game.

Dex815

LOL!

Whoever falls in this scam deserves it. It reminds me to the poor and lazy scams of Jita in Eve Online.

Vlaphor

So it looks like some people do have this game (as evidenced by this forum as well as Necrostorm's), but what has been sent out is barely an alpha that runs worse than a beta from two years ago. This saga just keeps getting better and better.

Their excuse now is that files were corrupted from the digital download since..." Too many people are downloading their version from our website and the server it's "collapsing". The server is giving Uncomplete/broken files" according to Necrostorm.

Also, that Evil Times guy is going off like a parody of a stereotypical YouTube commenter.

So it looks like some people do have this game (as evidenced by this forum as well as Necrostorm's), but what has been sent out is barely an alpha that runs worse than a beta from two years ago. This saga just keeps getting better and better.

Their excuse now is that files were corrupted from the digital download since..." Too many people are downloading their version from our website and the server it's "collapsing". The server is giving Uncomplete/broken files" according to Necrostorm.

Also, that Evil Times guy is going off like a parody of a stereotypical YouTube commenter.

The cat is out of the bag, don't know why Necrostorm keeps on going with these bullshit answers. Are they compulsive liars?

danmaku

So it's basically the Big Rigs of fighting games? A barely functional pre-alpha version sold as a complete game?

le.phat

some of the stuff is seriously creepy. That Arachno spider crawl *shudders*
I don't know, i think the HD mortal combat capture technique could actually work if the animations are sufficiently fluid and nicely keyed.

KaiserBecks

It's a shame they're getting so much shit from people who probably never heard of Necrostorm before. It's totally understandable, but still a shame.
Their movies are great for what they are (b-movie type splatter trash) and I really like whoever is responsible for the art and the soundtrack of Death Cargo. This game really would've had potential in the hands of people...who know how to make games.

Imbarkus

collige

Banned
I thought this situation felt familiar, but I couldn't remember what exactly it reminded me of. Then I remembered...

war_z_logo.jpg

It's practically the same events all over again except this time it's with a shitty fighting game instead of a shitty survival game.

Imbarkus

I thought this situation felt familiar, but I couldn't remember what exactly it reminded me of. Then I remembered...

war_z_logo.jpg

It's practically the same events all over again except this time it's with a shitty fighting game instead of a shitty survival game.

It's still an ongoing saga of uncertainty according to the latest article:

http://kotaku.com/i-bought-this-game-two-weeks-ago-and-i-still-can-t-pla-1582829826/+YannickLeJacq

It's all Kotaku's fault now. The Ouroboros is complete.
clipart-ouroboros-256x256-4199.png

dentoomw

It's as if they ran out of money to finish the game, so they sell early-access to continue funding development, except they don't label it as early-access.

The comparison to the WarZ is pretty accurate in that regard.

Still, I kinda dig the 90s Mortal Kombat vibe and the so-bad-its-good science fiction background story. If they ever got their shit together and got around to completing it I could see it becoming a cult classic.

Imbarkus

Guys, my curiosity is starting to overcome my good sense. Talk me down.

Top Bottom