• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I canceled my next-gen console pre-order. Launch titles do not hype me

Granted I was hyped by the next gen console unveil and bought into to hype of pre-ordering.

2 weeks later I pondering and said ''hmmm, none of the launch titles or Q4 titles for that matter garner my interest'' ''I will wait''

I rather wait until Gaikai is fully operational in 2014

Nibel

Honestly I'm considering to do the same, too - most of the games that I want are for a console I already own since the end of last year

But then again, when launch comes near.. nobody can escape the hype; so I probably won't do it :lol

Vire

I'm probably just going to wait til Infamous Second Son is out and Hohokum.

Although it would be nice to have a PS4 to play with during the holiday season. *shrug*

It's not like the price is going to go down in 6 months, so there is no real benefit to waiting I guess.

zruben

Banned
it's a smart thing to do... buying consoles at launch is very risky.

DS and Xbox 360 taught me a harsh lesson.

Interfectum

I'll be honest, none of the launch titles interest me either. I'm going to see how some of the PC ports of the 3rd party games end up and if they are on par or better than next-gen then I may not get anything until some good 1st party shit comes out.

GulAtiCa

Why did you pre-order in the first place? This is why I didn't pre-order, the games I want for those systems don't come out till next year at the least.

I think this is a good idea. You should also wait for the second hardware revision.
That's what I did with the PS3 and it's still working fine.

Freki

rational decision - nothing wrong with that.
I'd follow suit if I didn't have to satisfy my "new tech craving" :-D

Honestly, it's cool reading that someone just cancelled their pre-order instead of trying to flip it for a 50% profit on launch day. I hated that shit when I was a kid and couldn't get launch consoles because (seemingly) half of them ended up on eBay at huge markups.

So for that, kudos.

GamerSciz

Killzone Shadowfall
Infamous Second Son (launch window)
Driveclub
Knack ( looks to be a fun platform/puzzle/beat 'em up)

Yea that's enough for me personally. Plus Watch Dogs has a Nov release date so it will be practically a launch title.

popeutlal

I wanted to preorder the PS4...then realized there is no launch software I want to play for it.

Maybe when Destiny or Titanfall comes...

Dunlop

I'm probably just going to wait til Infamous Second Son is out and Hohokum.

Although it would be nice to have a PS4 to play with during the holiday season. *shrug*

It's not like the price is going to go down in 6 months, so there is no real benefit to waiting I guess.

son of a...

I don't know why but I thought it was a launch title.

This was the biggest reason I preordered the PS4

...goes to look at launch titles thread

i felt the same until I looked deeper into the ps4 launch games... which for me was at first was a pain but eventually I learned cool things from certain game interviews and now I'm getting Knack and Killzone SF for launch

So you won't buy a PlayStation 4 until you can play PlayStation 3 games on it?

Why not just keep your PlayStation 3?

it's not only about Gaikai,

it's about actual games that would push me to buy a console.

Buying Cross-Gen titles or early Launch titles just to buy a game is not a good reason to make the leap yet unless the game is really desired.

I am hyped about the console itself big time, but not the games

I've never bought a release day console.

I always 1-2 years down the line. By that time, i know what games are good. The console is cheaper. any hardware issues would have died down. and if any anti-consumer practices popped up, they would have either been ironed out by then, or improved.

only time this bit me in the butt is with the ps2 playable ps3.

Don't they usually not announce the launch titles until near launch? I'll keep my preorder and only cancel if there is nothing I want out for it. I'm perfectly happy with my PS3 and the backlog of games that are coming to it. I still haven't touched Ni No Kuni, have Dragon's Crown on Preorder, and want Hatsune Miku and some other games I forgot about lately.

I didn't buy my PS3 until the Slim and pricedrop hit in 2009, and I have no regrets to be honest. Meanwhile my Wii U has hardly been touched since finishing Mario.

Paganmoon

Even without launch titles, I'm looking forward to playing cross-gen games with better framerates and visuals... and getting my hands on that sexy sexy controller.

As much as I think jumping in early is a complete waste of money, at least this time the choice about which one to waste it on is super easy!

PS4

Granted I was hyped by the next gen console unveil and bought into to hype of pre-ordering.

2 weeks later I pondering and said ''hmmm, none of the launch titles or Q4 titles for that matter garner my interest'' ''I will wait''

I rather wait until Gaikai is fully operational in 2014

So you're smart.

Good job.

Thanks for letting us know, I guess.

I'm in the position where I really want to pre-order a PS4 but just don't have the money. I'll probably have to wait until early 2014.

Top Bottom