• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What underloved Wii or Wii U franchises would you like to see come back on Switch?

ramparter

Banned
Wario Land (I regret not playing this on Wii but I still think should have been cheaper)
Excite Trucks / Bots / Bike (Wasn't fond of the motion controls but many did, Switch should support both)
Wario Ware (use ideas from the good old versions of gba, ds and wii, use both pointer and motion controls)
Captain Toad (Should become a series really. They could add multiplayer and maybe crossover it with minis from Mario vs DK)

My vote is for Endless Ocean 3. As much as I loved it on the Wii that series deserves more than 480p. The gamepad would have been perfect for a camera and other devices but I'm will to go without.

Other honorable mentions are for the Wii Zack & Wiki, Excite Truck, and Boom Blox and for the Wii U Lego City.

I know it's a franchise that goes back well before the Wii/WiiU days, but when Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was announced, my reaction originally was "why the hell is Retro making another DK game instead of doing something more interesting?"

However, after I had played Tropical Freeze, my reaction was "Oh my god, that was amazing! I hope Retro makes more!!"

So... I would be very happy if Nintendo announced that Retro was working on the next Donkey Kong game for the Switch. I wouldn't say Tropical Freeze was "underloved", but I feel a lot of people never had the chance to play its platforming excellence due to it being on a system that frankly not a lot of people owned.

leroidys

Zack and Wiki, for the love of Pete, Zack and Wiki.

tumblr_nkwybdeNkx1r7sijxo1_500.gif

A brilliant and woefully under-appreciated PnC-style adventure game with a fully realized world, tricky puzzles, and wonderful characters and art design. After getting stuck on a fairly early level in 2008 or so we returned to the game last year and beat that level and played through the rest of it, and really loved the game. It's one of our favorite Wii games now. I very much hope for it to make a return one day. The level settings, setpieces and solutions are endlessly creative, mind-bending and fun.
Yup. Amazing puzzle game. They rarely have environmental objects serve the same purpose twice, so every single level in the game feels completely fresh. They could do great things with the joy cons in this one too.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I would like to see:

Red Steel 2
TvC
Sin and Punishment 2

Rogue Trooper was on my list but I believe it is coming.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
While I'd love to see another Last Story (which sold successfully according to XSeed), Hironobu Sakaguchi himself said this won't be a Final Fantasy and this IS the Last Story he was doing.

Oh, I understand. I just want a port of the original.

Thud

Pandora's Tower is great, however it doesn't need a sequel. I rather have them develop a new game.

A new Punch Out would be cool. I know it doesn't really spark that new type of play Nintendo tries to seek out... still I want it.

I would actually really like a Red Steel 3 on Switch. It was my first Wii game and I had a lot of fun with it at the time. I've tried 2, but I never got far. By the time 2 released, I was getting kind of sick of motion controls. I liked what I played though. I think it has the potential to be a great series.

Other than that, I'm having a hard time thinking of "underloved" games that I would want

jdstorm

Banned
Metroid....

Ok now seriously.
Endless Ocean, The Last Story, Wonderful 101, Skycrawlers:Infinite Aces*, Mario Strikers (i suppose thats Mario and Sonic now) Sonic All Star Racing Transformed, Xenoblade X-2

*just learned about this game a few days ago, would love an Anime like Ace Combat style game

maxcriden

Same director - Shingo Mukaitoge - the best dev to come out of Konami during the wii era.

Apropos, I wholeheartedly recommend Elebits on the DS - one heck of an RPG adventure.

Awesome, thanks. So all three games are great? I... I think I have the Elebits one after hearing it's Zelda-esque! (I really don't have a massive backlog compared to many others on GAF, so I'm surprised to be saying this.)

MrT-Tar

The Last Story was the first game to come to mine, but I really hope Nintendo hasn't lost interest in funding Project Zero/Fatal Frame games

KaneU

Bayonetta
Captain Toad
Sin & Punishment
Pikmin
Metroid

I think there's a chance to see all of them on the Switch, except S&P.

Griss

Captain Toad is a super games, deserves a second chance.
Zak and Wiki from Wii was damn good, and a proper port of the godly Little King's story would be great as well.

On a related note, I would love for Nintendo to do countdowns to release. Like for example, if Xenoblade 2 hits in August, then Xenoblade hits Virtual Console in June and Xenoblade X hits VC in July.

This is a good idea with other franchises but a terrible one with Xenoblade - it would take the average gamer far more than a month to beat any of them, so they wouldn't be done by the time the next one releases. Not only that but they could just burn out on that kind of gameplay - you're looking at 3 games of 100+ hours each.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Bayonetta 1/2
Captain Toad (is it considerable as underloved, though...?)
Little King's Story

Also, I would sincerly love to return to Wuhu Island for a proper Wii Sports Resort sequel, with more sports, more activities, more stuff to do in the island, proper online rankings / multiplayer, etc.etc.

maxcriden

Disaster: Day of Crisis
Bayonetta 1/2
Captain Toad (is it considerable as underloved, though...?)
Little King's Story

Also, I would sincerly love to return to Wuhu Island for a proper Wii Sports Resort sequel, with more sports, more activities, more stuff to do in the island, proper online rankings / multiplayer, etc.etc.

Reminds me of Neiteio's genius idea for Pilotwings x Wave Race x 1080 x Excitebike x Endless Ocean.

Velcro Fly

Can we have a by the book Kirby platformer on the Switch? I feel like the 3DS is getting all the Kirby love with Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot and even the eShop games. Can we just get a sequel to Return to Dream Land? I almost feel bad saying I want a by the books Kirby game because Kirby can be anything. But sometimes returning to basics is good!

Top Bottom