• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly Cooper Movie - First Details

Tagg9

Update 1: Teaser Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbXEKZVonko

Update 2: IGN Interview
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/01/28/sly-cooper-movie-announced
"We are working very closely with both Sony and Sucker Punch to make sure we are staying true to the franchise," says Brad Foxhoven, the film's producer and CEO of Blockade Entertainment. "Since we were altering the look of the characters and world into pure CG, it was important to keep them in the process. This included the script, the characters, models, and the cast. Of course we were nervous about the results, and breathed a massive sigh of relief when they gave their approval. Now we just have to wait for the fans…"

Hit me with a cane and rob me blind if old...

CFiozKu.png

byhiQRE.jpg

Sly Cooper is a kinetic and comedic heist film that tells the story of Sly Cooper, an orphaned raccoon thief, along with his childhood friends and partners in crime, Bentley Turtle and Murray Hippo. In the film, Sly learns of his birth family’s secret legacy; that he comes from a long line of talented and international thieves. Endowed with this knowledge, Sly and his friends are catapulted into a global adventure as they race to reassemble pieces of an ancient book holding The Cooper Clan’s family secrets before it can fall into the hands of Clockwerk – an evil Russian metallic owl bent on ending the Cooper family line. From romantic Parisian backdrops to the lush mountains of China, gritty film noir meets bright, colorful graphic novels in this origin story of the world’s greatest thief-turned-hero.

Release Date 2016
Genre CG Animation
Studio Blockade Entertainment and Rainmaker Entertainment
Directed By Kevin Munroe
Written By Kevin Munroe
Screenplay By Kevin Munroe
Produced By Brad Foxhoven and David Wohl

https://www.facebook.com/SlyCooperMovie?fref=tck

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Looks beautiful.

Interesting... I've always thought it was more appropriate to make it a television show, though.

(Also, I'm not really digging Sly's design here.)

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Is this the same company making the garbage Ratchet movie?

Ezalc

Oh god what the fuck have they done to Murray? Sly looks really baby faced too, but not as bad as Murray.

EDIT: Going from that little info, they're trying to mess with his origin story too? Sly always knew that he came from a family of thieves. I guess they're kind of trying to follow the first game but making a few changes to make it so there's a bit more drama. The first game is about Sly's revenge for what Clockwerk did to his parents and stealing his family's heirloom The Thievius Raccoonus.

wapplew

So we have Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Swords and now Sly cooper movie coming soon.
What's next? Shadow of colossus movie or Uncharted?

Blu(e)

Everyone looks off. Like REALLY off. Optimistic that this looks better in motion. Wonder if they're gonna sex up Carmelita.
Oh god

doemaaan

Wait... This has nothing to do with the ShackNews reveal right?

And Sly looks pretty awesome (took me 5 seconds to get used to it), but dat Murray.... O_O

So the guy who is directing/writing this also did TMNT (2007). That movie was decent for what it was, so I guess he may do the story justice.

Hopefully everyone reprises their roles.

Banzai

Oh wow, Murray looks hilariously horrible. I don't see why they didn't just go with a style similar to the games? Either way I hope Dimitri's in it.

Serrenn

Banned
At first I was afraid its going to be one of those movies where hero is a cartoon and everyone else is a normal human filmed on camera, no idea why I thought that.

Good thing I was mistaken, yet I still keep my expectation at a very low level. Bracing for inevitable cringefest in advance. One thing for sure, not going to bring my friends to the cinema to watch this. If I had to suffer, let it be alone.

Drayco21

This looks... well...the Ratchet movie looks really promising, at least. Maybe it'll look better in motion, and have a really solid script?

overcast

I'm not sure how these will translate into movies. Sly and Ratchet make sense to a degree, Heavenly Sword doesn't. I doubt these light the world on fire financially, and even worse, not sure about the quality.

Ratchet probably has the best chance. I haven't heard of the studio, so doubts are high.

I'm cautiously optimistic but (unless its indeed an authentic leak) a facebook page is a pretty terrible blunder lol

Could be an incredulously well rendered fan fake production. I'll be glad if its true however!

MURRAY NOOOOOOOOO

VeeP

Hopefully this means more Sly games. They're really fun and enjoyable. The characters are awesome too. I wouldn't mind a "mini" Sly Cooper games like Quest for Booty every year for $20.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason I just really like Sly Cooper. I've never played any of the games and would never want to but I just really like the character and brand.

Top Bottom