• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIS America confirms Hotaru no Nikki (htoL#NiQ) this fall, digital only

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Announced at their panel at Anime Expo, htoL#NiQ or Hotaru no Nikki on Vita, will be coming to the US as a digital-only title.

lonely

It's a really fantastic, tense game. I recommend it and have no regrets paying a stupid amount for the physical edition.

Takao

Banned
How many people would've been willing to pay $30 for this game at retail/PSN? That + some reverse importation fears (JP release had a 10k limited run) might be why it's PSN-only.

pls nisa, don't charge $30 for this on psn and make me look stupid

kurahador

OUQ5DPm.jpg

I don't mind it's digital. Sold!!

This game will punch you in the nuts.

I both like and hate it with a burning passion, and find myself flipping between those feelings every time I pick up the game.

Still, this is good news.

Only one of the announcements I'm interested in, but what a game it seems to be. Can't wait (arriving sooner than I imagined, too).

KingJolly

Banned
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes. Been waiting for this game for so long. Its NIS version of Limbo and looks faaaar better. Vita is getting many good games this year

Clov

What does Hotaru no Nikki mean?

Firefly's diary, I think.

Edit: Beaten by a minute.

Anyway, the game itself looks pretty great. I'm guessing it won't be too big in file size, so maybe I'll download it on my Vita after all.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
This doesn't affect me since I been digital only since day 1 on the PS Vita but perhaps it's time to accept that a lot of localizations are going to be Digital Only moving forward and while I do understand the plight of those who prefer a Physical Release I rather have a digital only release than no release at all.

On topic though I'm definitely picking this up when it gets released.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
This one I'm happy about. Even the flash part on website was charming. More like this, please.

B.O.O.M

I think the digital only release for Freedom Wars in EU is stupid..but this game however looks like a game that is suited to be a digital title

shink

It'll probably come to Europe eventually right? I don't think NISA have localised a game for the US without an eventual EU release recently (unless there was already a pub for EU)

Volcynika

It'll probably come to Europe eventually right? I don't think NISA have localised a game for the US without an eventual EU release recently (unless there was already a pub for EU)

It's coming to Europe in fall as well.

Anime Expo, CA (July 3, 2014) – NIS America is excited to announce that the moody puzzle action game, htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary, will be available digitally this fall in both North America and Europe as a PlayStation®Vita exclusive! In this atmospheric title, you’ll use the Vita’s touchscreen and rear touch pad to navigate a young girl through dangerous ruins. Two fairies – one operating in light, and the other in shadow – must work in tandem to uncover this girl’s memories and save her from the darkest of fates.

About the game:
In the depths of a labyrinthine ruin, a young girl named Mion rises from a deep sleep. Lost, alone, and with no memory of how she got here or where her parents
are, she is greeted by two fireflies—one composed entirely of light, and another who lurks among the shadows. By shifting between a world of light and a world
of shadows, these two fireflies must work together to recover Mion’s memories and lead her out of the ruins, where voracious shadow beasts, ancient machines,
and treacherous traps lie in wait to bar her path. But what secrets do Mion’s lost memories contain? What is the connection between her, the ruins, and the
fireflies lighting her escape? The answers may reveal a deeper darkness—one that must be faced from within...

gngf123

This game is meant to be a lot less cute than it looks on the surface right?

This definitely interests me a lot more than that other game NIS just announced a localization of.

Zhao_Yun

I don't know why they shouldn't release it in Europe as well if there will be only a digital version anyway.

This game is meant to be a lot less cute than it looks on the surface right?

I heard that it's actually quite brutal.

Excellent. This is the one recent NIS game I was really hoping would come over, and NISA didn't disappoint me. Hopefully it won't end up so difficult I'm constantly rage-quitting it though...

Endesu

Been waiting for this one! It would be better if we simply forget about that certain other announcement and just focus on this...

Top Bottom