• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Art Director from journey & flower starts Giant Squid Studios

totowhoa

Banned
Cool. But hopefully there's some solid talent elsewhere, because I'd hate to see his art go to waste. Edit: yeah only 3 people in the studio so far.. a composer and advisor. I'm sure they're talking to folks though.

And yeah, what Wario has just said below

Now all they need is a programmer and they're all set ;)

Hehe, had the same thought too. Was wondering how much of his experience as art director translates to the programming side. Didn't know if he started this with a partner or anything...

Then I looked at the job openings.

So basically the studio has no programmers/engineers?! He must've had a lot of cash from journey and flower, because I don't know who would invest in a game studio that can't even develop a prototype.

All the best of luck, however.

Cool. But hopefully there's some solid talent elsewhere, because I'd hate to see his art go to waste. Edit: yeah only 3 people in the studio so far.. a composer and advisor. I'm sure they're talking to folks though.

And yeah, what Wario has just said below

Austin isn't a part of the company, such as Vince Diamante is with thatgamecompany now, and Nick is just an advisor. He's still full-time at TGC.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm surprised it's taken so long to hear what some of these former TGC staffers are up to.

I'll keep a keen eye on all of them, but TGC themselves still have Big Boss.

Top Bottom