• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On average, do you spend more or less than 90 seconds on the toilet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YYZ

Just to be clear, I'm talking about defecation, including wiping (just in case someone wants to make a joke about not wiping).

For me it's less than 90 seconds of course. On a good run I will be out of the washroom in less than a minute.

I don't get how some guys stay on the toilet for so many minutes in one session.

1) It stinks.
2) It's a waste of time.
3) It's generally not good for your ass.

Eat your fiber.

For those of you saying you play/read/whatever on the toilet, it smells bad so I don't see how it's better than sitting in a comfy chair and doing the same thing. I'm shocked.

Core407

Banned
If I don't take my morning dump, I'm not myself. In the past, I could go days without a shit but now I'll take one or two daily. Probably due to all of the water I drink.

90 seconds? Damn. I'll usually sit on the toilet for up to 15 minutes - just so I know I get it all out of my system.

YYZ

Justin Bailey said:
The fuck? Pooping is one of life's great pleasures. No need to rush it.
it's not a rush, it just comes out smoothly and after cleanup, I'm done.

Bloodwake

Seriously, you are fucked up if you don't take your time.

For me, it's usually 10-15 minutes. That's quite a length, but I don't like to rush things, first of all, and it gives me some leisure time to read. The toilet was designed for a man to take his time (and his shit) and enjoy it rather than just rush.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Bloodwake said:
Seriously, you are fucked up if you don't take your time.

For me, it's usually 10-15 minutes. That's quite a length, but I don't like to rush things, first of all, and it gives me some leisure time to read. The toilet was designed for a man to take his time (and his shit) and enjoy it rather than just rush.

Yes.

lil smoke

Banned
Depends on what I've been eating the last few days. I'm not one of those guys that brings books and shit in there though. Why not just read somewhere else :lol ?

Kildace

At home : 3 4 minutes if I don't have a book, 10 to 20 if I do.
At work : at least 10, the time needed to read most of the interesting articles on the newspapers available at the entrance.

Less than 60 seconds is something I've probably never done except in cases of extreme emergency.

methane47

I'm like a tactical bomber when it comes to number 2s

I barely touch the toilet seat... I like to be in and out as fast as possible..

I am usually in and out in 90 seconds or less

Sh0k

It takes me exactly 6 minutes, that's the length of a Time Attack mode of ZooKeeper for the Nintendo DS.

satori

WTH seconds and the toilet does not mix. 10-20 min for me....matter of fact I need to go right now. see you in 15 min (at work)

TheWolf

Banned
i never understood how people could have time to read when shitting. it's like, are you TRYING to shit? i sit down, and it's out in 30 seconds.

Google

Here's one for you boys.

I take most of my dumps at work, and I'm pretty sure this is the norm (because it allows us all to be in the office 'working' yet we're actually in the toilets, reading the paper).

Dali

On average... hmmm... I never really timed myself but definitely less than five minutes. I don't know if it's as low as 90 seconds, but I generally do my business then leave.

Google

TheWolf said:
i never understood how people could have time to read when shitting. it's like, are you TRYING to shit? i sit down, and it's out in 30 seconds.

What are you talking about?

People don't shit for the full 15 minutes, it's 30 seconds of shit, followed by 15 minutes of leisure time.

Amir0x

Banned
Shit, I take at least ten minutes, sometimes fifteen. I get sidetracked by magazines, beating my dick, handhelds, just relaxing

Google said:
Here's one for you boys.

I take most of my dumps at work, and I'm pretty sure this is the norm (because it allows us all to be in the office 'working' yet we're actually in the toilets, reading the paper).

I hate crapping in public places. I just don't feel comfortable. I like my home throne personally. Pooping at my work just makes me think of pressing my ass checks against another dudes. Even using toilet paper to add a buffer is too much work for what is supposed to be a relaxing time. The only time is in dire situations when it's coming out regardless. Usually in an explosive manner.

Whenever I get the new PSM, I go straight to the toilet.

I don't know why I find reading it so much more enjoyable when I'm releasing my bowels.

Google

MotorbreathX said:
I hate crapping in public places. I just don't feel comfortable. I like my home throne personally. Pooping at my work just makes me think of pressing my ass checks against another dudes. Even using toilet paper to add a buffer is too much work for what is supposed to be a relaxing time. The only time is in dire situations when it's coming out regardless. Usually in an explosive manner.

Really?

For some reason, I cant get comfortable at home - but at work it's strangely relaxing.

Its the break from staring at a computer screen, whereas shitting at home is like a chore getting in the way of non work stuff...

WrikaWrek

Banned
I like to take my time, me and the toilet are quite found of one another, say 10/15 min, sometimes 30 minutes.

Call me the toilet lover.

Here's the kicker, i flush and then i stay...

bill0527

I'm usually good for around the 20 minute mark. I'm married and have kids so its an awesome get away for me. Sometimes I grab the DS and make it a 30 minute trip. If the games any good, I'll even go 3-4 times that day and tell my wife I've got diarrhea. I have been known to sit on the shitter up to an hour, especially if I'm playing Age of Empires on the DS. And yes, my wife thinks I have some kind of intestinal problem.

I poop in under 45 secs of stepping into the bathroom. That include my disrobing, yes I Constanza my poops. After that I like to sit around and smell my poops.

rallaren

Not needing to wipe my ass after creaming is like a once-in-a-year experience for me. I'm always like looking at the paper and like "wtf? it's just white? did I miss my fucking ass?" Then I just realise that it's one of those rare no-need-to-wipe moments, and I'm happy for the rest of the day.

Otherwise I sit on the can for maybe 5-10 mins on average I think. I rarely get all the shit out at once.

Edit: The pooping is always the fast part. Doesn't take much longer than peeing I think. Ok a bit longer..

rallaren

zon said:
Usually between 5-10 minutes, I'm not in a rush and I like to wipe thoroughly.
Same. I wipe until I can't see anything brown on the paper ffs! I also wet the paper so I'm sure. It's just logical that wiping with a wet paper it gets cleaner than dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom