• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic is developing a PC exclusive game

Darg

Neo Member
There is an official (another) facebook page of unreal tournament that was created somewhere around march the 1st, doesn't mean the new pc game will be that, who knows maybe epic (cliff) just opened it to gauge some interest or something somewhere down the future/far future.

http://www.facebook.com/UnrealTournament

mhayze

That new UE4 demo was a "medieval fantasy" style demo, and they can't have failed to notice how well Diablo III, a PC-only, online only game did. I'm not saying they're building their own Diablo III, but honestly, I hope it's something new for Epic. I think another Unreal Tournament is not going to be very well received at this time.

Teknoman

Unreal 3. Full on atmospheric first person shooter with a solitary character exploring an alien planet, soundtrack similar to the first game. Lets do it.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Unreal 3. Full on atmospheric first person shooter with a solitary character exploring an alien planet, soundtrack similar to the first game. Lets do it.

They really need to bring back Unreal.

Maybe not even call it Unreal 3 and just reboot it as "Unreal" and make it the showcase game for UE4 on PC.

It really would be an amazing comeback for them on PC and (providing it was pretty good) would sell like few other games could.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't get why people want another Unreal game. The series had zero identity or character to it. The level design was boring as hell too for the most part.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I don't get why people want another Unreal game. The series had zero identity or character to it. The level design was boring as hell too for the most part.

Erm, escaping the Vortex Rikers was one of the most memorable intros in gaming.

U2 was a disappointment though.

this is largely correct, though I think the level design varied wildly from one designer to another. levels like the sunspire were pretty much just a boring slog through a dull series of copy-pasted areas, but I recall maps like bluff eversmoking with great affection.

I'll believe it's PC exclusive when I see it.

There's no point to making it exclusive unless it's an MMO or they are planing something so incredibly graphics intensive, it can't be dumbed down without compromising the gameplay or something. What that would be I have no idea. I don't think a new UT game would fair well. The last one bombed. A new sp Unreal would be awesome ! But that wouldn't make sense to keep it PC exclusive.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Erm, escaping the Vortex Rikers was one of the most memorable intros in gaming.

But that's like the first 10 minutes + another 10 to get to the infamous segment designed by Cliffy B with the hallway. I can't remember a single outstanding moment after that and I played the game just 3 months ago.

They need to make the Samaritan concept into a full fledged game.
Unreal Tournament's been done, there's nothing more they can do to it but add prettier gfx, let's get some new and interesting IP please rather than more rehashes.

vio

Considering weak performance of UT3 on consoles and the whole F2P trend, its Unreal Tournament 4 or just reboot.

Top Bottom