• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Games of the Year 2010 Awards

Excellent list - I'll be checking back to it all year looking for new games to buy

Handheld Shooter Game of the Year: Who's That Flying?! [PSP]

:lol I was the only one who voted for it and it got handheld shooter of the year... but I played it on the PS3. I mean it works on the PSP but I still find it amusing

olimpia84

Love all the detailed info in the results :)
Sad not to see Mario G alaxy 2 in the top spot :(
Angry at not seeing BioShock 2 in the top 25 =/

Magnus

Definitely surprised ME2 won this, given how divisive people here have been about it. RDR at #2 doesn't surprise me, but I don't agree with it at all. I seriously thought SMG2 and ME2 would be in swapped places, actually, with GT5 in 4th.

Scrolled down a whole bunch to very contentedly see FFXIII way down at #18 where it belongs. Well done, GAF.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm surprised Sin and Punishment 2 got bronze on Wii platform, considering the amount of competition this year. Galaxy 2 and DKCR obtaining gold and silver was a given.

I was hoping Bayonetta would manage a come-from-behind victory, but ME2 is definitely a worthy choice.

ME2 was a great game and Bayonetta won my heart and both games were within weeks of each other.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Bayonetta didn't win. GAF disappoints.

Really though, I just can't stand ME2. Remove that and I'm totally fine with everything. :lol

Solo

-COOLIO- said:
great list, gaf quite honestly always has the best goty lists.

I dunno. Usually I don't have any qualm with the choice for GOTY, with 2 exceptions. 2008, when the wretched MGS4 won, and now 2010.

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2009 were all good though, so I guess overall GAF is hitting much more than missing.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm pretty satisfied with the results. ME2 deserves it. I'm glad to see all the love for Bayonetta as well.

Btw, thanks for quoting me. :lol

Boney

Banned
I was robbed!!

Good job guys, although you missed my quotes. I'm suprised at the lack of DS, 3DS couldn't have come at a better time really.

DaBuddaDa

Shocked that Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Lara Croft, Vanquish are so low and even more shocked that God of War III and Heavy Rain are anywhere near the top 10, let alone in it.

Xater

I have to say, the top ten is pretty awesome. I am really surprised by the ranking of Vanquish though. Expected that to go way higher. I liked it more than Bayoneta.

Bayonetta might have won if the PS3 version wasn't so janky. It was playable but I think a lot of PS3 owners forgot about it rather quickly.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Excellent work, timetokill and Cheesemeister. Really happy to see Just Cause 2 in the Top 20. And Vanquish beating out FFXIII? I love GAF. :D

GAF's GOTY list = the only list that matters.

Xater

DaBuddaDa said:
Shocked that Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Lara Croft, Vanquish are so low and even more shocked that God of War III and Heavy Rain are anywhere near the top 10, let alone in it.

I really liked both, sue me.

Durante

Magnus said:
Definitely surprised ME2 won this, given how divisive people here have been about it.
I believe that one of the reasons why some of us are so eager to point out ME2's flaws is precisely because there's still a lot that's good in that game and the whole franchise. I listed it in the most disappointing games of the year thread and still had it around the center of my GotY list, and I don't think I'm the only one.

Boney said:
I was robbed!!

Good job guys, although you missed my quotes. I'm suprised at the lack of DS, 3DS couldn't have come at a better time really.

We didn't miss your quotes. Check goty-game-stats.txt in the ZIP file posted at the end of post #4.

I know it gets a decent amount of flak for being RPG lite but Mass Effect 2 is awesome. Glad to see it win it all, my number 1 game as well for 2010.

Boney

Banned
How the hell is No more heroes 2 above Other M hmm

Surprised at the amount of Nintendo GAF in the voting as well.

Boney said:
I was robbed!!

What Cheesemeister said, but also you voted for a lot of games that didn't get quotes at all ;)

I commend GAF for not giving its GOTY award to a Playstation or Nintendo exclusive again (it's the second time if I recall correctly).

At least Reach got FPS of the year.

Boney

Banned
Cheesemeister said:
We didn't miss your quotes. Check goty-game-stats.txt in the ZIP file posted at the end of post #4.
I'm just joking man :lol

I'm surprised at the amount of info guys. Great job

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Pretty good list, though I'm disappointed that Starcraft II couldn't be found higher.

Just wanna say that I really did like the format for voting this year.

Xater

DaBuddaDa said:
I did too. Still shocked they're anywhere near the top 10. They must have a very vocal hater-base and a very quiet fanbase.

The haters are always more vocal in cases like this, see GTA4.

Dax01 said:
I commend GAF for not giving its GOTY award to a Playstation or Nintendo exclusive again (it's the second time if I recall correctly).

At least Reach got FPS of the year.
I'm sure those games being good had nothing to do with it. Do we really need to do this?

I am very out of touch with the rest of my GAF brethren. Only 2 of my picks made it to the top 20 (Halo Reach and Just Cause 2.)

I wasn't really a huge fan of much of anything this year (I spent a lot of time playing stuff I had missed out on). Congratulations to all the games who made the list though. Here's to hoping next year produces better games (for my tastes :D).

Incredible job guys. And as usual its the best GOTY list, of the year.

Also nice to see Just Cause 2 and Lara Croft getting some love, but personally surprising to see AC: Brotherhood didn't make the top 10. But then again whats a GOTY list without a few surprises?

Top Bottom