• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass Rebel

Feeling like Fewch has been on a steady decline since he put out DS2. I still liked Purple Rain and EVOL (WATTBA was whatever) but this newest one is by far his weakest project in a while.

Not Hendrix
mjcry1.png

Nibel

I wonder why he's having so much difficulty recapturing some of the magic of DS2

Maybe because he works with the same people over and over again which results in everybody involved to be in 'automation mode'
Maybe because he doesn't take any big breaks between releases
Maybe because there are dozens of people doing DS2-esqie music right now and Future doesn't sound particularly special anymore
Maybe the 5Peat was really just a meme

We dunno

CoolOff

I'm always surprised at the amount of hate EVOL gets. The only tracks I don't fuck with are Ain't No Time, Maybach, Lie To Me, Wicked. The rest are top tier Future for me, and only like 2-3 tracks on DS2 are clearly better than all of them.

Edit: Okay, 4 tracks are clearly better than all of them. Thought It Was a Drought, I Serve the Base, Stick Talk, Fuck Up Some Commas.

T Dollarz

DS2 is a top 10 album of the decade for me, so I don't expect Future to necessarily reach those heights again. I really enjoyed both Purple Reign and EVOL, but neither made my top 10 last year. I'm okay with where he's at right now.

Just started the new album. First track is real nice. Let's get it.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I think Monster will always be my favorite Future project. So many different tones and flows.

But I still need to listen to FUTURE.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Snoh Aalegra ft. Vince Staples - Nothing Burns Like The Cold.

MadeintTYO ft. Big Sean - Skateboard P (Remix) video. Hook is so dumb and dumb fire. YEAH, GOING APE LIKE NIGO

Flume ft. Pusha T - Enough. Spotify/Apple Music links within.

The Weeknd - Reminder video. Tons of cameos, including Drake, which is nice to see. Simple, but I like it.

Rich Gang (Birdman & Young Thug) - Bit Bak.

Raekwon ft. G-Eazy - Purple Brick Road (Prod. by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League), also, tracklist for The Wild in the link.

Rae Sremmurd - Swang video.

CyHi The Prynce - Nu Africa. Dig the production on this.

HiResDes

I'm not the biggest Future fan, but I really don't know what ya'll expecting outta this tape, amazing production and Future mostly doing what he been doing the past 3 years...The hooks aren't as amazing or catchy, but for the most part this is par for the course. I don't understand the disappointment, especially for a free tape.

I'm not the biggest Future fan, but I really don't know what ya'll expecting outta this tape, amazing production and Future mostly doing what he been doing the past 3 years...The hooks aren't as amazing as catchy, but for the most part this is par for the course. I don't understand the disappointment, especially for a free tape.

This is how I felt about EVOL and Purple Reign which kinda got killed in here too. Future has hit his apex and is coasting along at around the same level IMO. The hook is a little more or a little less catchy from track to track, but a Future project is a Future project. Unless he goes left out of nowhere with some sudden artistic turn (which would come from an executive producer rather than Future than himself), he's not going to drop some shockingly great album.

PBY

Banned
I'm always surprised at the amount of hate EVOL gets. The only tracks I don't fuck with are Ain't No Time, Maybach, Lie To Me, Wicked. The rest are top tier Future for me, and only like 2-3 tracks on DS2 are clearly better than all of them.

Edit: Okay, 4 tracks are clearly better than all of them. Thought It Was a Drought, I Serve the Base, Stick Talk, Fuck Up Some Commas.
EVOL is great. FUTURE is EVOL on steroids tho

T Dollarz

This is how I felt about EVOL and Purple Reign which kinda got killed in here too. Future has hit his apex and is coasting along at around the same level IMO. The hook is a little more or a little less catchy from track to track, but a Future project is a Future project. Unless he goes left out of nowhere with some sudden artistic turn (which would come from an executive producer rather than Future than himself), he's not going to drop some shockingly great album.

Especially since he already had that with DS2. I agree, now he's coasting at a solid B to B+ level, which I'm cool with.

I'm not the biggest Future fan, but I really don't know what ya'll expecting outta this tape, amazing production and Future mostly doing what he been doing the past 3 years...The hooks aren't as amazing or catchy, but for the most part this is par for the course. I don't understand the disappointment, especially for a free tape.
Free tape?

Ninja Dom

some dud named chris quelle popped up in my spotify daily mix and it appears to be the first track off his 2017 album. i only listened to the one song and it's strange in a good way. i might listen to the rest tomorrow.

yall should check him out.

also, is dom kennedy any good?

Listened to Quelle Chris for the first time last week. The new 2017 album. It was alright.
Just copped new Future. Let's Go!!!

Courage

It's disappointing because it's not as good as DS2 or 56 Nights? It's not outright terrible and I understand his run wasn't gonna last forever, but I'm only keeping 4-5 songs on this. It's comparable to Drake's situation and how Views was received.

OG Kush

Hold up. Did you just say you don't fuck with Wicked?!!! This song gets me so hyped. Ever been in strip club when this song plays?! Don't @ me FAM!!!

rambis

Banned
New Future is insane. Still one of the best at making his own cadence and floating on a track. Glad this isnt just metro/808 beats too.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
New future is bloated as fuck. Should have cut like 6 or 7 songs and would have been great. It's in the level of Evol i would say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom