• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxed Dualshock 4 controllers out in the wild!

EDIT:
Via reddit:

Dx223q5.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1p0304/ds4_available_at_my_local_ebgames/

DualShock4-1.jpg

DualShock4-2.jpg

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10...controllers-show-that-theyre-out-in-the-wild/

VanWinkle

TERRIBLE boxes, but oh well! I don't know why they would make the plastic form-fitting; it just looks ugly that way, lol.

So excited.

Looks like they're from good old Canada. Some people might remember the Vita getting shipped a few weeks ahead of time via Amazon.ca up here, so possibly something similar happened again.

Are there PC drivers for it yet? It would be cool to pick one up and use it in PC until the PS4 comes out.

It's a standard HID controller, seeing as it works when you plug it into the PS3, but the touchpad and some of the other buttons might require drivers that aren't out yet.

Pbae

I hope these are easy to take apart. I can't wait for the red and blue ones so I'm going McGuyver the color(s) I want.

I had no idea they worked on PS3's. I am totally going to try and find on early now. I cant wait to try it out. I hated the DS3 so much, but all the reports seem to say that this is vastly improved.

Marvel

could never
I had no idea they worked on PS3's. I am totally going to try and find on early now. I cant wait to try it out. I hated the DS3 so much, but all the reports seem to say that this is vastly improved.

They do not work perfectly mind... some games have problems.

bigmf

I want to go pick one up somewhere. I want to sit in my basement with the TV off and wiggle the sticks and push the buttons and make "pew pew... BLAMMO" noises until November 15th.

UNCMark

Banned
Nice controller, horrible packaging. Can't wait for the first unboxing in which someone cuts their wrists trying to get it out.

Does it come with a usb cable?

Of course not. Sony makes money (wisely) selling those separately.

Eusis

Too bad the Blue & Red controllers have been delayed...well in Australia at least!
They're not showing up on stores here so I'm guessing we'll wait awhile in the US (wait, are even getting them?)

I guess if you could get one now at least you can hook it to a powerful PC and pretend you're playing the PS4 right now.

People buying it because of PS3 compatibility should be careful since full support isn't confirmed. That video from yesterday left a lot more questions than answers.

Banned
I'm so buying one ASAP and playing around with the buttons and trying it on PC only to be disappointed.

DeadcatXL

Banned
I hate the fact that Sony is making me wait 6 weeks to give them $59.99 for a second controller.

I'm not going to buy a second one now and then buy a third shiny one once the colored versions come out.

Luckily i'm going to Europe in December and will pick one up there if they aren't out in NA yet.

Eusis

People buying it because of PS3 compatibility should be careful since full support isn't confirmed. That video from yesterday left a lot more questions than answers.
Yeah, it's one thing for PC because any oddness will probably be quickly fixed by hacks (I'm sure someone will get something working to make the trackpad work like an extra mouse for example, and there's probably software to get generic controllers treated as Xinput), but PS3's a crapshot since there's absolutely nothing you can do to make it work at least in the ways you want if you run into issues.

Shadownet

Banned
Are people seriously thinking about canceling their pre-order because they don't like the controller packaging?

Gaf is weird place.

Vizzeh

Banned
My problem is I ordered the killzone megabundle, so get 2 ds4's the eye and killzone but I want a red or blue dual shock, but not 3...so I have a conundrum

bigmf

The packaging is bad so that means that PS4 loses and the Wii U is declared the winner and all Wii U owners are automatically more attractive.

Top Bottom