• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone read the Sonic Comics? Where should I start?

Silky

Banned
I don't know if this goes into off topic or not, but Sonic is a Video Game character so I guess gaming discussion is fine.

Simply put, if anyone still follows the lore of the Sonic comic books. where should I start? I haven't read an issue in AGES, and the Sonic/MegaMan crossover looks great.

I don't read comics but Sonic Universe seems like a reboot. And it has both game and comic characters alike. I'm assuming the crossover takes place in that particular universe. So that will be my personal recommendation.

The UK Sonic the Comic. It's all uploaded on the Internet some where.

This. Bear in mind that the proper sonic story starts with issue 8(earlier ones are fairly light hearted one-offs). The earlier issues are still worth reading for the other stories, like the shinobi one though.

The Archie stuff is really bad.

TimmiT

Start with #160, which is when Ian Flynn takes over as writer. Most of the Ken Penders comics are terrible. Also apparently the Mega Man cross-over doesn't really feature the comic-exclusive characters and it seems like afterwards a lot (if not all) of the comic characters will be redesigned, so that could be a good starting point as well.
I don't read comics but Sonic Universe seems like a reboot. And it has both game and comic characters alike. I'm assuming the crossover takes place in that particular universe. So that will be my personal recommendation.
Actually, Sonic Universe isn't a reboot. Those comics are about characters besides Sonic.

Top Bottom