• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube "pranksters" Daddyofive deny abuse (Up: mom gets custody of two youngest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Videos on the Daddyofive channel, which has 759,000 subscribers, range from everyday vlogs to pranks of epic proportion - and the children are usually the ones being pranked.
The controversial video, published on 12 April, shows the parents pouring ink onto their youngest son Cody's bedroom floor and then blaming him for making the mess.
They swear at him angrily for making the mess and when he denies it, they accuse him of lying.

Cody then cries hysterically, along with his brother Alex, who is also being pranked.
Some of the comments under the video claim that the pranks are abuse, while others say that the parents are exploiting their children for sponsorship and money.
In the response video which addresses the criticism - called "blocking the haters" - the children strongly deny that any abuse has taken place.
One of the sons, Alex, says: "I'm upstairs playing my game right now; how am I abused?"

In a statement on Twitter, Daddyofive said: "We discussed different alternatives for our future videos and ways we can improve.
"We deeply apologise for your feelings of concern. We DO NOT condone child abuse in any way, shape, or form.
"As many of our friends and family would tell you, we are a loving, close-knit family."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39627969/youtube-pranksters-daddyofive-deny-child-abuse-claims

Now, I'm sure some of you are like "who gives a fuck", but there's a discussion to be had about exploiting your kids for Youtube views in this manner.

The video has since been removed, along the rest of DaddyofFive's videos set to private, but Philip DeFranco talks about it in one of his with clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvoLmsXKkYM

Smash that motherfucking like button if old.

Edit:

I am not a fan of Philip DeFranco, especially when it comes to social issues, however he has done stellar work on this disgusting scandal.

I would recommend you watch all three videos.
First
Second
Third

Watch these.

Every time youtube is in the news its because a youtuber did something either very stupid or something very reprehensible like doing fucked up pranks or getting their facts wrong and sicking their dumb rabid fanbase to harass a journalist.

Every time youtube is in the news its because a youtuber did something either very stupid or something very reprehensible like doing fucked up pranks or getting their facts wrong and sicking their dumb rabid fanbase to harass a journalist.

Or being Nazis ironically.

Or being Nazis unironically.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
That video is disturbing as fuck.

Watched about 10 seconds of it and couldn't take much more. Disturbing is the right word indeed. Cannot comprehend how anyone could be motivated to do something like that to their (or anyone's) children.

Jebusman

Banned
Typically most "prank" shows require that the people that they pranked sign release forms or else they're forced to not show the footage and/or censor it out so they are unidentifiable, or risk the punishment if anyone who didn't sign a release decided to sue.

Given that these are children, in that sort of situation it would be their legal guardians who sign those forms, who just happen to be the people making the video. The children have zero avenues to stop this from happening.

I feel like that fact alone would likely cause them to run afoul of some child abuse laws, depending on where they live.

How the fuck is "im going to pour ink on the floor and blame my kids for it to scare them" a prank anyway? These YouTube pranksters could at least be a little creative.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
wait, so causing a mess and then berating/shoving your child while blaming them for the mess you created is a prank now?

that's incredibly fucking gross.

Boke1879

LITERALLY just got done watching Phil's videos on this and watched their "apology" video.

This is abuse. That push to the shelf isn't a prank.

Having the kids slap their sister for some game? These parents need to be investigated.

Boke1879

wait, so causing a mess and then berating/shoving your child while blaming them for the mess you created is a prank now?

that's incredibly fucking gross.

LIke that's not even a prank. You're scaring the child into thinking they are getting an ass whooping.

Like even if it wasn't a prank and they actually did it, you don't fucking yell like that children or adult or strangers.

What the fuck was that?

FUME5

Those kids certainly won't have trust issues when they're older.

These two arseholes treating their own children as products to be exploited.

Oppo

i can't watch those videos based on the hauntingly cynical poster frame selections.

like - those things are all you need to look at. fuck that shitty stupid eyeball grabbing Around The Web horseshit.

Mega

Banned
I'm not worried for the kids for the simple reason that a very high percentage of prank videos are staged. If a person has a prank channel and reliably needs the correct quality reaction (shock, disgust, fear, laughter), they stage the whole thing in order to churn out content as fast as possible.

These kids are going to need serious therapy.

Jesus. That's fucking awful on so many levels. How is your child supposed to trust any adult or other human being at this point? For fucking YouTube clicks you've destroyed your kids ability to trust in people.

Foffy

Banned
I'm not worried for the kids for the simple reason that a very high percentage of prank videos are staged. If a person has a prank channel and reliably needs the correct quality reaction (shock, disgust, fear, laughter), they stage the whole thing in order to churn out content as fast as possible.

Them kids is good actors to cry so often.

You should watch the videos. These kids ain't some sort of Grade A actors here.,

Isotropy

Holy fuck, lock them up. Put the children with relatives.

It's people like this who make me think you should have a license before you're allowed guardianship of a child, even your own.

How the fuck is "im going to pour ink on the floor and blame my kids for it to scare them" a prank anyway? These YouTube pranksters could at least be a little creative.

Youtube pranksters think going into a black neighborhood and yelling Nigger as loud as they can is a prank. The guy with the most subs thought it would be funny to pay foreigners to write to Death to Jews on a sign.

The Youtube platform attracts many reprehensible people

Maximus.

These parents are garbage. Look at how their kids behave and their young son clearly hates how he is being treated, but goes along with it because everyone else seems okay with it. Horrible.

Boke1879

First off. I don't even think we can take them at their word when they call this stuff "staged".

2nd there are videos where one of the brothers slaps their own sister for some game. Forcing her to cry. I mean she could have faked that, but he still slapped her.

Others show the kid Cody being pushed into a shelf by the father, Being bodyslammed by his step brother and being held down while the other kid kicks him in the balls.

Those punches and kicks aren't staged and these are kids.

If they are being investigated by CPS/DHS they will see a problem with these prank videos. In fact they should be investigated if they aren't. Shit ain't right and that one boy, Cody? yeah it just don't seem normal.

I'm all for shits and giggles and play tussling with the siblings being a part of growing up, but not every kid is the same. When they want it to stop, you stop.

Watch the video. If you think that crying is staged, they're possibly the most skilled child actors on the planet.

mr2xxx

Banned
I hope the kids are just good actors like the majority of prank videos but after watching a few seconds of crying and screaming, im leaning towards real.

MattyG

Banned
I really doubt this stuff is fake. No kid can act that well. If someone tried to stage something like this when I was a kid I would've been trying not to laugh the whole time. They're just saying that to cover their asses now that they're being called out.

Nepenthe

Okay, the set-up and intent of the prank is fine. Heck, they could've led into a cute little "Who do you think did it?" to see their responses. But the cursing, screaming, and pushing these kids to crying and emotional distress is not kosher.

Fuck these parents.

G-Bus

Banned
Seriously bringing that young kid up to be a monster. He's going to have some serious issues later on in his life. What if a kid at school bullies him in anyway and he finally loses it.

Poor guy.

Someone should step up and prank the parents hard. Hard enough where they'll take a step back and stop abusing there kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom