• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 1.04 Patch Notes - [Patch 1.05 Has Been Released On 360/PS3 U.S. & 360 EU]

duckroll

The patch is out today (I think it's out right now, but I can't check yet). I'm not sure if this patch is coming for the 360 version, if anyone knows please share. Thanks.

http://darksouls.fromsoftware.jp/online/

- Some magic effects have been revised. (Magic Shield, Greater Magic Shield, Tranquil Walk of Peace, Ring of Fog, Iron Flesh)

- Elemental enhanced and Stat enhanced weapons have been rebalanced.

- Some slight adjustments have been made to other weapons, equipment, and magic. (Pyromancer's Flame's magic adjustment)

- Matching and multiplayer conditions have been adjusted.

- Defeating a boss in multiplayer will now reward the host with the full amount of souls from the boss.

- When failing to invade a player's world using the Cracked Red Eye Orb, the item will no longer be used up.

- Adjustments to the amount of suols dropped by enemies.

- Adjustments to the item drops from enemies.

- Some bosses will drop Humanity and Homeward Bones now.

- Increased Drop rates for certain Covenant items and Equipment Enhancement materials which had extremely low drop rates.

- Adjusted the Item Discovery increase rate which scales with Humanity levels.

- Item lists in shops have been adjusted. (Bottomless Box added to Male Undead Merchant. Bunch of arrows added to Female Undead Merchant, Andrei, Domnhall, Giant Blacksmith, and Vamos. Domnhall will sell the Master Key after he moves to the Firelink Shrine. Giant and Vamos both sell the various equipment boxes. Giant sells a bunch of shards now. Vamos sells Titanite Shards. Ingward sells Transient Curse.)

- The amount of Faith required to join the Sunlight Covenant is now 25 instead of 50. The formula for reducing it with multiplayer remains the same.

- Paying for your sins is now cheaper. The formula is Level x 500 souls, instead of Level x 2000 souls previously.

- Equipment Weight adjustments.

- Lock-on behavior has been adjusted.

- Fixed certain cases of game freezing.

- Changed the way souls are displayed in the Level Up Menu.

- Fixed the exploit with infinite weapon/magic usage.

- Fixed the 1 second delay during certain attack animations.

- Fixed the bug where Solaire isn't in New Game+.

- Fixed the shard bug with Frampt which took away all your shards if you had more than 99.

- Fixed getting stuck in certain parts of the map, being unable to progress.

- Changed some English text in the game to be consistent with corrections made in the overseas version of the game.

Edit: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

sprsk said:
Dunno if this has been posted but....

Forest soul farming spot still nets lotsa souls. Doesn't seem like it has been nerfed, although the mage in that area was hitting the shit out of me.

Also text changes:

The bonfire was lit -> Bonfire lit
You Defeated -> Victory Achieved
You Regained -> Retrieval

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Changed the way souls are displayed in the Level Up Menu.

I take it this means we can actually see the amount of souls required for the next level, good shit. I need to get back to this game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
- When failing to invade a player's world using the Cracked Red Eye Orb, the item will no longer be used up.
I complained about this before, nice From!
- Lock-on behavior has been adjusted.
Daaaaamn! Awesome job!
- Paying for your sins is now cheaper. The formula is Level x 500 souls, instead of Level x 2000 souls previously.
Hahaha, so now I'll only have to pay 94500 souls instead of 378000!
- Fixed the 1 second delay during certain attack animations.
:D

duckroll

Another thing I want to do with this thread is that because a lot of of the balance changes are a bit value in the notes, I'll appreciate it if players who have a lot of access to various equipment can report on the actual changes being made to the balancing.

Kalnos

Banned
Iron Flesh nerf? Boss cheesing stopped.
KuGsj.gif

Zeliard

Lots of great stuff there.

People were also mentioning one of the vendors selling Twinkling Titanite now but I guess that was a misunderstanding of the "shining stone wedge" translation. Would have been surprising if something like that was made available to buy.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
- Fixed the bug where Solaire isn't in New Game+.
Oh thank god. I wasn't even aware this was a known glitch and something that's been affecting me.

Really hope SCEA gets this turned around fast for NA.

Really wish this had occured before I started playing. These sound like very significant changes that make the game much more enjoyable.

Damn shame.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Zeliard said:
Lots of great stuff there.

People were also mentioning one of the vendors selling Twinkling Titanite now but I guess that was a misunderstanding of the "shining stone wedge" translation. Would have been surprising if something like that was made available to buy.

巨人鍛冶屋
「普通の矢」、「大きな矢」、「羽根矢」、「ノーマルボルト」、「ヘビーボルト」、「スナイパーボルト」、
「楔石の欠片」、「楔石の大欠片」、「緑楔の大欠片」、「光る楔石」、
「武器の鍛治箱」、「防具の鍛治箱」、「修理箱」 を追加

Yes, Twinkling Titanite added in the giant blacksmith's vendor.

Abylim

/will be interesting, I am currently on NG+++++ and have every weapon, most maxxed out. SL384 or something like that(No duping, just tons of souls from monsters. The Forest grinding gives insane amounts on this difficulty) So i'll be doing some testing when this hits.

Zeliard

Jonsoncao said:
巨人鍛冶屋
「普通の矢」、「大きな矢」、「羽根矢」、「ノーマルボルト」、「ヘビーボルト」、「スナイパーボルト」、
「楔石の欠片」、「楔石の大欠片」、「緑楔の大欠片」、「光る楔石」、
「武器の鍛治箱」、「防具の鍛治箱」、「修理箱」 を追加

Yes, Twinkling Titanite added in the giant blacksmith's vendor.

Ah, thought duckroll would have specified that in the OP.

That's quite significant unless it's some limited amount.

cj_iwakura

So wait, that's why Solaire wasn't at Anor Londo in NG+? Will he come back after the patch?

Also, just make Red Eye Stone a permanent item and be done with it.

What 'translation' updates are there? The only glaring error I noticed is Homeward's description during the loading screens.

UFRA

Infamous Chris said:
Isn't this only out in Japan atm? And SCEA/Microsoft need to approve the patch?

Debbie Downer here.... :p

cj_iwakura said:
What 'translation' updates are there? The only glaring error I noticed is Homeward's description during the loading screens.

I don't know if it was a translation error or a typo, but in the beginning of the game when selecting a gift, the Tiny Being Ring said it "regenerates health" when all it really does is give you a small percentage more health. BIG difference...

Atolm

Meh, too bad I already got the platinum, some stuff seems much easier now, like farming the Souvenirs of Reprisal.

def sim

cj_iwakura said:
So wait, that's why Solaire wasn't at Anor Londo in NG+? Will he come back after the patch?

Also, just make Red Eye Stone a permanent item and be done with it.

The ring that supposedly restores health over time. That's about it.

Maybe the You Defeated and You Recovered stuff but that's probably intentional.

Pumpkins

So From hasn't confirmed whether the patch will be out on the 360 as well?

... :(

Also is the patch live for anyone?

Skullkid

I wonder how they revised Strong Magic Shield. I finally started carrying it around after I noticed that you are pretty much invincible with it active. You don't even have to block.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Ah, sweet release from trying to tease meaning out of machine-translated near-gibberish.

- Fixed various English translation errors in the overseas version of the game.

Oh dear. I've got a lot of item description re-reading to do.

def sim

Pumpkins said:
So From hasn't confirmed whether the patch will be out on the 360 as well?

... :(

I don't see why not. The reason they don't mention it is most likely because it's their Japanese site. 360 version only released in NA/EU.

Pumpkins

ixix said:
Ah, sweet release from trying to tease meaning out of machine-translated near-gibberish.

Oh dear. I've got a lot of item description re-reading to do.

Oh snap. That could potentially clear up a few story bits, couldn't it?

Top Bottom