• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Empire details?

Come on, man. Three times larger than an area we needed a ship to get around; are they going to give us an ancient Egyptian helicopter to get traverse this gigantic playable space?

Fast travel + Rivers? Hopefully the river from Syndicate, but over a full map. Syndicates busy river was great.

Kinyou

Hope they bring back the modern day meta story and go all out. Maybe show us how Abstergo started and we can play someone like Desmond.
At this point they should either deliver something proper in the modern day setting (similar to what AC2 Brotherhood and AC3 did) or just forget about it all together.

Those little render cutscenes in AC Unity and Syndicate are just pointless.

Falchion

Hopefully we can sail up the Nile to save some time if the world is that huge. Also mirages would be cool as hell.

Hexa

Come on, man. Three times larger than an area we needed a ship to get around; are they going to give us an ancient Egyptian helicopter to get traverse this gigantic playable space?

PiratesOfTheCaribbean01_zpsc37a822b.gif

I speculate because it might have multiple cities. Giza, Memphis, Alexandria, etc.

Like the first Assassin's Creed

Musiol

Well, this description is on site since january. And it's totally based on rumours from Kotaku. There's nothing new or legit, so move along, nothing to see here.

bombshell

When are they going to officially announce this game? Thought we'd be getting something by now.

They've blown so much money on flight tickets this year and talked to all the passengers about the game, but none has leaked anything :|

Zen Aku

Nah, you're going to run that ass everywhere.

Getting that summer bod ready.

I can't imagine they'll have ziplines or something. Not in ancient Egypt.

Setsuna

Hopefully Ubi learned something from Witcher on how to make an engaging open world, but I'm more interested on the combat and stealth, that's where they need a full revamp.

Make it fresh and I will be there day one.

I hope not. The Witchers open world is neither interesting nor engaging. What is interesting about The Witcher are characters.

eizarus

Banned
Clearly, it's going to be a BotW type of open world game with Witcher 3 style side quests.
Pleeeeease Ubi

I hope not. The Witchers open world is neither interesting nor engaging. What is interesting about The Witcher are characters.
Witchef 3's open world is one of the best designed in games. Nothing has the kind of cohesiveness that it does, the way the world transitions from ramshackle villages to larger settlements to suburbs to city outskirts to dense medieval metropolis to markets and docks and residential areas and so on, in such believable fashion and realistic sense of scale

joms5

Lovely. More Ubi openworld game design with needless rinse repeat tasks.

I do hope they put effort into focused sidequest and contextually driven meaningful tasks. Again, these openworld games should be looking at Witcher 3 and Zelda as a template. Zelda climb anywhere would be perfect for this game. Add some challenge with a stamina ring.

I thought the same thing. We don't need larger open worlds. We need denser open worlds and worlds that are crafted with meaning and purpose attached to them.

I hope this is just marketing speak and it ends up being to the benefit of the game. Also love the "slightly" darker skin comment.

They want to say, we're being inclusive, but not too inclusive to shy away those racist people in our audience. Hilarious.

My hope is that this one year break means some much needed changes for AC. New setting ain't gonna cut it. We need more fun quests, more fun combat etc. Less bullshit clutter for collecting.

UrbanRats

I thought the same thing. We don't need larger open worlds. We need denser open worlds and worlds that are crafted with meaning and purpose attached to them.

I hope this is just marketing speak and it ends up being to the benefit of the game. Also love the "slightly" darker skin comment.

They want to say, we're being inclusive, but not too inclusive to shy away those racist people in our audience. Hilarious.

That's not an official statement, why are you nitpicking the wording and jumping to weird ass conclusions from it?

They've had non-white main characters before, even dark skinned ones, i don't think they're afraid of that (Watch Dogs 2 being another recent example).

Also, Zelda has an absolutely massive map, and plenty of fetch quest like "get me 10 grasshoppers" or whatever, really not the best example for your argument.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
For some reason I just can't get excited about this one. I don't know if it's franchise fatigue or just not caring for the setting, or a mix of both.

This tells me very little, without a frame of reference.

GrjAoBt.jpg

jT9FGcD.jpg

1) The Caribbean Sea, from Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag
2) The North Atlantic Sea, from Assassin's Creed Rogue
3) The River Valley, from Assassin's Creed Rogue
4) London, from Assassin's Creed Syndicate
5) Paris, from Assassin's Creed Unity
6) The Frontier, from Assassin's Creed 3
7) Rome, from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
8) Constantinople, from Assassin's Creed Revelations
9) New York City, from Assassin's Creed 3
10) Boston, from Assassin's Creed 3
11) San Gimignano, from Assassin's Creed 2
12) De Bayou, from Assassin's Creed Liberations
13) Kingston, from Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
14) Venice, from Assassin's Creed 2
15) Homestead, from Assassin's Creed 3
16) Florence, from Assassin's Creed 2
17) Havana, from Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
18) Forli, from Assassin's Creed 2
19) Monteriggioni, from Assassin's Creed 2
20) Damascus, from Assassin's Creed
21) Jerusalem, from Assassin's Creed
22) Acre, from Assassin's Creed
23) Atlas Village, from Assassin's Creed Revelations
24) Masyaf, from Assassin's Creed Revelations

By Senningiri_GR from the Ubi Forums.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1248842-Assassin-s-Creed-Map-Comparisons/page9

joms5

That's not an official statement, why are you nitpicking the wording and jumping to weird ass conclusions from it?

They've had non-white main characters before, even dark skinned ones, i don't think they're afraid of that (Watch Dogs 2 being another recent example).

Also, Zelda has an absolutely massive map, and plenty of fetch quest like "get me 10 grasshoppers" or whatever, really not the best example for your argument.

Yes and i'm sure that's a good use of a player's time. Fetch quests are padding, and they're not absent from criticism just because it comes from a Zelda game.

But we're not discussing that. We're talking AC here, which has been rampant with barren open worlds and meaningless side content in the past. I'm hoping they do away with that stuff and put something of substance in this vast open world of theirs.

Touchy.

danthefan

Lovely. More Ubi openworld game design with needless rinse repeat tasks.

I do hope they put effort into focused sidequest and contextually driven meaningful tasks. Again, these openworld games should be looking at Witcher 3 and Zelda as a template. Zelda climb anywhere would be perfect for this game. Add some challenge with a stamina ring.

The whole fun of Black Flag was the sea and your ship, upgrading it, taking other ships and forts, etc. What are they going to fill a desert with? How will you get around? I'm not that encouraged by this news tbh.

Barzul

The fact that it's made by the Black Flag team piques my interest since that is the only AC game that has hooked me in recent memory.

Top Bottom