• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Press Conference Dated.

udivision

It takes half an hour extra to announce price and launch dates

"The Wii U. U is for me. Me is for U. 4 U's in Wii U? No, just one U in Wii U but Wii U is for us all. All of us? How can that be, you ask? For every Wii U we'll give you 4 Wii U pad's for the Wii U 4 U 4 U 4 U..."

And then he just repeats that for most of it before saying Nov. 18, 2012

Anth0ny

pretty much, that conference from last year was awful. I just hope this year, they actually have a show that resembles something that was actually planned.

They have been planning this shit for a full calendar year. It damn well better resemble something that was actually planned.

Persona7

Banned
Getting ready for at least one Nintendo megaton.

MVNnS.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone wanna devote the next six pages to price and date guesses?

November 11, 2012 : $299

You speculation thread kids have probably already spent thousands of pages doing this, though.

Getting ready for at least one Nintendo megaton.

MVNnS.jpg
I think I like Nintendo memes more than Nintendo games.

Caramello

Anyone wanna devote the next six pages to price and date guesses?

November 11, 2012 : $299

You speculation thread kids have probably already spent thousands of pages doing this, though.

I think I like Nintendo memes more than Nintendo games.

November 18, 2012: $349.99

I don't think the price/date will happen at E3.

I hope it will though!

Iwata said it wouldn't be and Nintendo don't announces prices at E3 and generally don't announce dates outside of a specific quarter either.

Jackano

Date and time confirmed (I like how this is always the tuesday at 09:00AM local, you can pretty much anticipate it one year ahead), and now we are in May, so 5 weeks~ to go: Hype is slowly building! (4 crazy threads aside).
Very soon, all of this is finally gonna be about games :)

But what if they don't get games because it's not powerful?

That won't happen.

Only way you won't get games is if Nintendo does not properly attempt to curry favor with long term holdouts on N consoles. If third parties think hey can make money on Wii U, they'll be there. It's pretty simple.

Clipper

Could you please add IST (Indian Standard Time) on there? :)
Happy to oblige. The image is updated on the same link, so you might need to refresh if you don't see it there:
e3times2012.png

If anybody else wants any additions, let me know. Ookami-kun, you can use AWST to match your time zone it seems. Let me know where you are and I can add its name to that row. Oh, it's in your profile, The Philippines. Not big enough to switch the order around (I like keeping the Aussie ones grouped), but I'll probably add the name to that row...

Edit: Actually, on second thought, given it's called PST I think I'm going to have to leave it out. It could potentially confuse some people, given how so many of the times are announced in 'PST' even though they are talking about US PDT at this time of year.

To be honest, I've always been a tad surprised that nobody in Hawaii has ever asked for their zone. Is there any interest?

It's such crap that they always do it in the morning on a Tuesday when everyone is working. Why can't this shit be at night? <_<;

I'm hoping for new IP from Nintendo & 3rd parties and not just a showcase of a bunch of ports :/ *predicts Excite game*

Sadist

It's such crap that they always do it in the morning on a Tuesday when everyone is working. Why can't this shit be at night? <_<;

I'm hoping for new IP from Nintendo & 3rd parties and not just a showcase of a bunch of ports :/ *predicts Excite game*
Come to the EU! Our workday is done around that time :3

AzaK

Happy to oblige. The image is updated on the same link, so you might need to refresh if you don't see it there:
e3times2012.png

If anybody else wants any additions, let me know. Ookami-kun, you can use AWST to match your time zone it seems. Let me know where you are and I can add its name to that row. Oh, it's in your profile, The Philippines. Not big enough to switch the order around (I like keeping the Aussie ones grouped), but I'll probably add the name to that row...

Edit: Actually, on second thought, given it's called PST I think I'm going to have to leave it out. It could potentially confuse some people, given how so many of the times are announced in 'PST' even though they are talking about US PDT at this time of year.

To be honest, I've always been a tad surprised that nobody in Hawaii has ever asked for their zone. Is there any interest?
4am NZD? I'll be there.

It's normal that despite not having a true E3 high in Odin knows how long, I'm still looking more forward to E3 than Christmas right?

I am always blown away at how amazing the gifs and images are in the conference threads. It is also without fail a yearly highlight of GAF at both its best and worst, which makes it worth almost all of the inevitable letdowns that occur

So yeah, I guess you could say that my body is frickin' Reggie, mofo

Clipper

it's 5th of June, yellow is 5... the table may be misleading, look for the color not for the column header :p

Hmm, I might have to do something about that. Never saw somebody make the mistake before...

Edit: OK, this should hopefully do it. Refresh if you don't see wide colour bars:

e3times2012.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I hope they announce everything.

Taker666

With EA and Ubisoft holding their conferences before Nintendo...I wonder if that means they won't be allowed to show or announce any Wii U stuff?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt it. They've learned their lesson and will probably make another pre-recorded video and put it out the weekend before.
What do they even have to show this year? Rising, the new Kojima game, and...?
It's ridiculous how much they depend on Kojima Productions these days.
The probably delayed Silent Hill: Book of Memories just so they'd have something to round out the show.

Wiseblade

What do they even have to show this year? Rising, the new Kojima game, and...?
It's ridiculous how much they depend on Kojima Productions these days.
The probably delayed Silent Hill: Book of Memories just so they'd have something to round out the show.

I'm hoping for 3DS/Vita Yu-Gi-Oh games.

Top Bottom