• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is profanity in commercials weird to anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odoul

cbox

I don't care about profanity in commercials, but those mountain dew goat ones are just stupid. Nobody can top Old spice, really.

NekoFever

You rewound the commercial and watched it again when most are dying to get people to even watch them once. Mission accomplished.

Odoul

You rewound the commercial and watched it again when most are dying to get people to even watch them once. Mission accomplished.

I can't use razors, and I only get shaved at the barber once a month cuz my skin breaks out so easily.

So joke's on them!

Soup Bar

Did Pepsi actually take down the third video for copy write violation? Really? Nobody likes free advertisement anymore?

Odoul

Did Pepsi actually take down the third video for copy write violation? Really? Nobody likes free advertisement anymore?

Damn that quick?

I originally had another link that got taken down, along with two others.

The feminists are after them though.

http://nation.foxnews.com/commercia...eed&utm_campaign=Feed:+FoxNation+(Fox+Nation)

http://jezebel.com/this-stupid-mountain-dew-commercial-is-causing-a-racial-486208256

http://www.feministe.us/blog/archiv...-dew-sells-racism-and-violence-against-women/

I was watching Sportscenter this morning before work and at one point, a Comcast commercial aired featuring clips from that show "The Americans," and in the clips on the commercial, a character said "Goddamn it." Kinda shocked me.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I can't use razors, and I only get shaved at the barber once a month cuz my skin breaks out so easily.

So joke's on them!

But then you talked about it with people on a forum and maybe in real life too. They still win :(

That's my problem. Why use profanity if you're just going to bleep it/mute it. There was a Jack in the Box commercial for a hamburger (I think), getting all these 'cool' people's reaction to the burger. One guy says (if I'm remembering correctly) "This is delicious as hell" with 'hell' bleeped. I thought that was so stupid.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Skittles began the weird commercial trend, and they were the best.

this is arguable. i'd say that heinz tomato ketchup was the true progenitor in the late 90's/early 2000's, but their short-lived campaign was more surrealist and more something that could be considered "art" and also "beautiful".

Odoul

They're snatching every version of this off youtube minutes after it goes up.

On some 1984 shit, like it never existed.

Kind of bull that Youtube is actually acting like it's a copyright/piracy issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom