• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice dated in Japan for 3/7/2013, includes limited edition Vita

Guevara

Maybe it's my monitor but the back touch plate looks more hot pink than red. I don't really like the clashing.

The Vita looks great in red though (and white, and black).

Erethian

Why is this a niche type of game?
I thought these types of games were pretty popular.

A new IP from an unproven developer/publisher in this genre on a struggling platform. That's no slight on the quality of the game or anything like that, but the number of success stories regarding new IPs in Japan is few and far between. Unless you're Nintendo, or another major publisher. And even then it's difficult.

Bravely Default did over 200k and that was considered a success for a new IP. One of the most successful from SE in years.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
A new IP from an unproven developer/publisher in this genre on a struggling platform. That's no slight on the quality of the game or anything like that, but the number of success stories regarding new IPs in Japan is few and far between. Unless you're Nintendo, or another major publisher. And even then it's difficult.

Bravely Default did over 200k and that was considered a success for a new IP. One of the most successful from SE in years.
Based on replies, I just think we had different interpretations of the word niche.
I wasn't thinking at all sales-wise.

I can definitely understand what a couple people said regarding the gore art-style though.

Grinchy

Banned
redveets3lqv0.jpg

I think it's kind of ugly and yet I want it.

mollipen

Call me crazy, but I think that is one ugly Vita. Ugly shade of red, made even uglier by that terrible back graphic.

I'm really glad we got a white Vita so early, because otherwise I feel like I'd be waiting for an acceptable color for a long time.

is the Vita region free, im assuming so. might get one for christmas

Physical games yes, digital games kinda sorta.

Call me crazy, but I think that is one ugly Vita. Ugly shade of red, made even uglier by that terrible back graphic.

I'm really glad we got a white Vita so early, because otherwise I feel like I'd be waiting for an acceptable color for a long time.

Physical games yes, digital games kinda sorta.

Importing a Vita from Japan shouldn't be a problem though, assuming you tie it to your main Western account.

good to know both ways, might just see what is the best deal is then

Jonnyram

Wow, you can almost smell the fear in this thread.
Sure as hell it isn't gonna sell numbers clost to MH4, but some people seem to be pooping themselves that this might actually be a decent game. Get over it.

Didn't Inafune mention some time back that a demo version should be out around Christmas?

Sid

Didn't gravity rush sell well? anyways,really looking forward to this.

Sure as hell it isn't gonna sell numbers clost (sic) to MH4, but some people seem to be pooping themselves that this might actually be a decent game. Get over it.

Who is scared? Who is pooping themselves at the thought of this being a decent game?
Show me these 'some people'.

Didn't gravity rush sell well? anyways,really looking forward to this.

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2012/03/28/55505.html

Had sold 100,000 incl. downloads in March 2012 (Japan). By no means a terrible result.

Magnus

Looks great, aside from the stupid decision to put the game logo on there too. Why does anyone think this is a good idea?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
They should have waited Capcom's announcement of MH4 date. Doing so, they're sending the software to die. Let's hope it's good, though!

But unless they could heavily beat that date - it's not going to matter is it?

Hell - maybe they are so confident it's going to be much more of an evolution of the formula they don't mind going head to head? ;)

I mean - if you're going to BE the best, you've got to BEAT the Best.... or beat the Beast! ;)

ajim

This game looks phenomenal. Can't wait for it to get released here in Aus. Looks sooooo sexy!

Akainu

Who is scared? Who is pooping themselves at the thought of this being a decent game?
Show me these 'some people'
I don't know about being scared but are you even interested in the game? Your first post was about monster hunter. Pretty much every post was related to monster hunter.

I don't really know what a better date would be. I doubt anyone is taking a wait and see approach before deciding to pick up either MH4/3DS or SS/Vita. Vitabros will buy it regardless of when it comes out and casuals probably weren't going to buy it anyway.

I like the design, and red and black make sense for the colour scheme. But, I'd never buy it. I really like my Persona 4 skinned black Vita. This is a fantastic bundle, though. North America needs to get bundles like these, I really liked that Hatsune Miku one.

They just showed all new footage on the PS Awards show stream. Kawano also said the demo will definitely be coming out this month, it will "have more content than a normal demo -- a great amount", it will include multiplayer, and save data will transfer to the retail release.

Nice.

Kawano also had one of the limited edition Vitas in his pocket, which he showed off.

ajim

They just showed all new footage on the PS Awards show stream. Kawano also said the demo will definitely be coming out this month, it will "have more content than a normal demo -- a great amount", it will include multiplayer, and save data will transfer to the retail release.

Nice.

Kawano also had one of the limited edition Vitas in his pocket, which he showed off.

Thats sounds amazing!

crinale

This one of a few games on Vita runs on native res, people.
Even though development is basically outsourced, I'm guessing Sony is not just publishing but providing much assistance to Inafune's company.

This one of a few games on Vita runs on native res, people.
Even though development is basically outsourced, I'm guessing Sony is not just publishing but providing much assistance to Inafune's company.

Are you sure? Because a lot of people seem to think that some games are native res, when in fact they are not.

Perkel

Banned
I can see how the dark palette, the "gritty" style graphics, and the over the top gore could easily limit this game's audience. It seems like the type of game that is trying to sell on its high level of violence, almost like shock factor. That and being a MH clone. It will definitely find an audience but will it help grow the Vita base? Seems unlikely.

You say gore and violence don't sell ?

thisisneogaf.gif

crinale

Do you think this game has the best graphics on the Vita so far?

Compared to Uncharted or AC3:L, I thought it is more focused on character (the player and the boss) than environment, so I can't say Soul Sacrifice has the best graphics on the Vita. However I dare to say it does have one of the best graphics available on Vita so far.

Sure as hell it isn't gonna sell numbers clost to MH4, but some people seem to be pooping themselves that this might actually be a decent game. Get over it.

Didn't Inafune mention some time back that a demo version should be out around Christmas?

Reading this post, all I'm getting is the opposite feeling from you.

Squire

Banned
I'm curious as to how similar to MonHun this really is. I'm hoping not much.

I've thought SS has looked cool from the start, but I tried Freedom Unite and couldn't get into it; the whole "it takes a good ten hours to get into!" Isn't an idea I'm going to entertain for any game... ever.

I think the game is bad and that that's an apologist theory, to be completely honest.

Top Bottom