• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda BOTW Patch 1.11 released

Why would they change that? There are game mechanics (
weather forecasts and campfires
) to deal with rain if you don't or do need it (rain works both to your advantage and against you, depending on what you want to do). Except for the areas where it constantly rains for plot reasons.
It still feels like it's raining too much to me, even in normal areas. Like, 51% of the time.

You guys are so confusing. Come on DF, do a proper test! :D

Switch Framerate Stability: Very improved. All problem areas noticeably better, less frequent drops while docked. Nearly consistent undocked.

Wii U Framerate Stability: Somewhat improved. All problem areas have some improvement in stability.

Luigiv

Has anyone contacted Digital Foundry yet? I guess they are aware even without anyone reaching out to them but just curious if they're going to do another frame rate test and see if anything was downgraded.

Digital Foundry is at EGX this weekend so I wouldn't expect anything until next week.

Anyway, I just ran through the Z
onai
R
uins
(the area shown off in The Game Awards footage last year) and surrounding areas and didn't notice any framedrops, Switch, undocked. I remember that region being a bit of a problem spot the first time I went through, though not as much as in TGA footage, but it has been a while so I couldn't say with confidence how much of an improvement that actually is.

oni-link

How do you trigger this download?

I just fired up the Wii U version from the Wii U menu (not the quick start menu) and nothing happened

It's still saying 1.1.0

rhandino

Banned
Is this switch or wiiu?
Switch (the UI buttons are from that ver)

That being said the Great Plateau was also improved along with Faron Woods and most of the Stables.

Towns that had problems seem to have been improved a bit with Zoras Domain being the better of the bunch imho.

Apenheul

I tested the update this morning and in most places where the frame rate used to drop frequently it now looks really smooth, except the one part where drops were extreme; that area is smoother for the most part now but I still saw drops there. Excellent patch.

Litri

Maybe it's placebo for me, but I have noticed certain improvement in many areas from the plateau and kakariko. Thanks Ninty.

Frame rate is marginally better in Kakariko and Hateno on Wii U. You hit 30 more often, but if you're looking at a more complex scene it still drops to a sustained 20.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Digital Foundry is at EGX this weekend so I wouldn't expect anything until next week.

Anyway, I just ran through the Z
onai
R
uins
(the area shown off in The Game Awards footage last year) and surrounding areas and didn't notice any framedrops, Switch, undocked. I remember that region being a bit of a problem spot the first time I went through, though not as much as in TGA footage, but it has been a while so I couldn't say with confidence how much of an improvement that actually is.

Im sure they probably bought the switch with them

nubbe

It might be because I pay more attention.
but there seem to be more object pop-in and level of detail changes.

Piggus

Right, but I don't know what the specific conditions are for the drop (ie; what taxes the system) and I don't have anything to compare to (ie; pre-patch footage that is in a problem area). I might be able to say "it drops" but not to what level, why, or if it's occurring somewhere it occurred before.

Your best bet is probably to compare to the areas that Digital Foundry tested since they have graphs showing exactly when and where the framerate drops to 20.

Malus

Horizon Zero Dawn, apparently. Xenoblade Chronicles X was also pretty damn solid (though it had some very aggressive pop-in in what would have otherwise been trouble spots).

Literally every other open world game I've played performs better lol.

There exist some worse performing games I'm sure, but usually they aren't good games I'd spend time and money on.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Had to leave to work, I'll check tonight: I assume it's now flawless in handheld mode (which was already close)?

Jessensor

If anyone has been able to reliably reproduce the multiple successive Blood Moon glitch, that might be a place to start. I think it may be related to zoning into areas where the Blood Moon occurs but doesn't trigger a respawn, but didn't test this thoroughly myself.

This happened to me a few days ago, didn't realise it was a glitch. I can't remember where exactly I was. It was somewhere near one of the stables near the great plateua. I was stalking horses and kept getting attacked by moblins. I got like 3 blood moon cinematics, every time I cleared the camp.

Luigiv

Literally every other open world game I've played performs better lol.

There exist some worse performing games I'm sure, but usually they aren't good games I'd spend time and money on.

Having played Dragon's Dogma on PS3, I can't say the same for myself.

Soundslike

Neo Member
Looks less framey, although never had a problem with it before.

WW hd thats a framey game on the wii u. almost unplayable during sea battles.

Mistle

Just tested out some problem areas docked and it's so much better. The shrine with spikes around it south of
Zora's Domain
didn't hiccup at all, and that place used to be a mess. The Plateau seems entirely fixed?

Korok Forest
still dips a bit in a certain spot, but is still a massive improvement.

Wasn't expecting this tbh so it's going to be great for future replays.

Does this fix the Moblin ragdoll framerate problem? Would be a very pleasant change, imo.

Edit: Oh, and I should mention this is on Wii U. Not certain if it is/was a problem on Switch.

ramparter

Banned
Just played for half an hor, didn't visit any of the places I remember having problems but I got inside a forest and things were much better than I'd usually expect.

Docked Switch.

Top Bottom