• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psycho Mantis fucking with Snake or BB?

That's Sorrow.
GkfiD.png

Doesn't it even show raiden/raikov at one point? And possibly the Boss riding her horse which is now a flaming unicorn.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
There's no reason to think Psycho Mantis is the only dude in the MGS world who can fuck with people's heads.

I'm not saying its PM but i really think it's a villain with kind of the same power.

AC3 DLC, Gears of War, and Spartan Ops trailers all started with "World Premiere"

Those are your likely remaining 3 :/

So did tomb raider. the 5 new things wasn't from GT but from Eurogamer

edit: I'm gonna leave this here to show it was Seda that baited me into posting in the wrong thread

If it really is MGS, i'm beginning to think that Kojima thinks: "why bother making a coherent plot any more when you can just mindfuck people?"

As long as one post-credits telephone call to the president or one drop of Big Boss's jizz is in the wild, the show will go on indefinitely.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Feel free to write down some basic questions and I will ask Jesper Hultén in a few hours (it's the middle of the night here in Sweden).

Ra1den

So uh...did I miss any cool hints or anything, other than what is in the OP? Haven't been watching and I feel like I missed some cool shit.

the studio is called moby dick and theres a giant ass whale at the end of the trailer
why would name of the studio tie into the actual game lol?

If it really is MGS, i'm beginning to think that Kojima thinks: "why bother making a coherent plot any more when you can just mindfuck people?

This has always been Kojima though, right? IMO he's been a long these lines for a while! I'll still happily lap up new Metal Gear stuff though.

Sn4ke_911 said:

Well, at first I thought it was Mantis but then noticed the super long sleeves. I disregarded the fact it could be him but as a child, but looking back on it, it kinda fits. The legs look pretty long though... I honestly don't know what it is. 4am isn't the best time to be playing mind games with Kojima.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Rösti;45192016 said:
Feel free to write down some basic questions and I will ask Jesper Hultén in a few hours (it's the middle of the night here in Sweden).
Q: "Can you supply any timestamped photos of your studio that might indicate that you're not a hastily thrown-together ruse?"

Rösti;45192016 said:

Ask him when and where was Moby Dick Games constituted.

Sky Chief

The start with him waking up and the doctor was almost exactly like the weird Rising live action teasers. I thought it was Rising CG or something at first.

This has always been Kojima though, right? IMO he's been a long these lines for a while! I'll still happily lap up new Metal Gear stuff though

To an extent, but in spite of that i'd still make an honest defense for the story of 1-3 being coherent enough. From Portable Ops onwards (4 and a lot of Peace Walker especially), coherence appears to have been thrown aside for just the sensationalist mindfuck approach. It's gotten to the point where it's just like "oh so Snake's grandmother is his sister and that's why they managed to clone a 4th Snake who's been secretly amassing an army in Cambodia this whole time?". The MGS series' timeline was already at bursting point after just two games, and now anything new coming along just seems like diminishing returns that has to rely on shock value to excite.

Thoraxes

I just want to know what new experiment they're going to add to the universe to make it rival Les Enfants Terribles. If it is a new snake maybe?

To an extent, but in spite of that i'd still make an honest defense for the story of 1-3 being coherent enough. From Portable Ops onwards (4 and a lot of Peace Walker especially), coherence appears to have been thrown aside for just the sensationalist mindfuck approach. It's gotten to the point where it's just like "oh so Snake's grandmother is his sister and that's why they managed to clone a 4th Snake who's been secretly amassing an army in Cambodia this whole time?". The MGS series' timeline was already at bursting point after just two games, and now anything new coming along just seems like diminishing returns that has to rely on shock value to excite.

I do agree. Even little things don't add up in a lot of his games post-MGS3. I remember they reference Dr Madnar in MGS4 despite Snake himself firing like seven rockets into his back in the original Metal Gears. It wouldn't really be so much of a problem if the Solid games didn't reference the Metal Gear MSX titles so much. He does seem to, as you say, throw coherency out of the window in favour of references and shit like this.

GZ could be a BB game and Phantom Pain could be a Liquid Snake game. That would be amazing.

I have a feeling its some sort of clone of Big Boss or a clone of a clone of Big Boss. I guess it could be Big Boss before hes turned into a cyborg before MG2 as well.

Any indications of time period in this thing?

What crazy trolling. Yes I riked it

Could it be Liquid? No other Snake has lost an arm that we know of. Though Solidus was all hidden under a mechanical suit.

Its like a crazy fusion of all the Snakes

Kard8p3

Don't know if it's been posted, too lazy to go look, but, in the original Ground Zeroes trailer, didn't we see a really burned up guy? Could be the same guy in this trailer that gets burnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom