• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 Monkeys | Unmake History - Fridays on Syfy |OT|

Gibbo

When did Cole get teleported to 2017 exactly? Just before the missle hit? Or when Team 2045 was trying to teleport him back and the core failed?

Quite a coincidence that there happened to be people at that remote area of Chechnya, the burned out villa, in 2017, and that the rubble from 2015 was the same, though I admittedly didn't check to see if it was identical.

So is cole going to find his dr friend in 2017 before being pulled back? Air travel is probably tricky if the plague has wiped out Chechnya, unless that is the origin.

darkwing

Quite a coincidence that there happened to be people at that remote area of Chechnya, the burned out villa, in 2017, and that the rubble from 2015 was the same, though I admittedly didn't check to see if it was identical.

So is cole going to find his dr friend in 2017 before being pulled back? Air travel is probably tricky if the plague has wiped out Chechnya, unless that is the origin.

i guess it's because it's a remote area that they turned it into a dump site for bodies

love this show, you never know what's going to happen

GavinUK86

Oh thank god.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/12/12-monkeys-renewed-for-season-2

c6Xi48B.png

Backlogger

Lost hope in SyFy when they cancelled SGU

Really liking this show and looking forward to the Expanse. Hopefully they don't screw it up!

darkwing

Wow, really? I wonder if there's hope for Helix then; certainly hope so! I fell about a month behind on this show and was considering removing it from my DVR. It hasn't done much for me but I feel like the potential is there. Have the last 4 episodes been solid if I thought the ones before them were bad-to-OK?

yup, it's pretty good imo, if you are into time travelling stuff

Tokubetsu

This show is really really good. I didn't expect to be on the rollercoaster I'm on each episode with this show but here I am. I might pick it up on video later. Jones is awesome.

GavinUK86

Damn. What an episode. I had a feeling Katherina was an evil character...

Such a good episode!

I had a feeling she was doing it all for selfish reasons. Seeing her shoot Foster took me by surprise. She really is pretty ruthless.

Starting to feel really sad for Cole witnessing Cassie dying. Didn't like Ramse this episode. Came across a bit of a dick later on.

This show is really, really good. I'm surprised at the lack of fanfare on here. Maybe people aren't giving it a chance because it's called 12 Monkeys (why does this exist? the film was perfect) and because it's on SyFy.

PepperedHam

Another great episode this week. Super happy this got picked up for season 2.

Also I was a bit confused on something regarding the latest episode:
Why did the scratch on Cassie's watch disappear when Cole was splintered out of 2017? Did that symbolize something or is this a case of "we don't know yet" and I'm trying to look into something we don't have an answer for?

DieH@rd

Banned

Why did the scratch on Cassie's watch disappear when Cole was splintered out of 2017? Did that symbolize something or is this a case of "we don't know yet" and I'm trying to look into something we don't have an answer for?

Yeah, I also wondered that.

I should really start paying attention when I watch because I missed that.

Gibbo

Yeah now that you've mentioned it, I remembered that part. No idea what it meant.

Also didn't Cole see Cassie's skeleton on the floor of the CDC in an earlier episode (Before he met Cassie in person)? Hard to believe that they left her body there like that.

Wow, really? I wonder if there's hope for Helix then; certainly hope so! I fell about a month behind on this show and was considering removing it from my DVR. It hasn't done much for me but I feel like the potential is there. Have the last 4 episodes been solid if I thought the ones before them were bad-to-OK?

Can't see how a Helix season 3 would work. The whole flash forwarding into the future thing has messed things up. It would have to start from year 2043 odd.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Glad this got renewed, but I really wish they'd picked different actors for Cole and Cassie. They're just not doing it for me and I don't feel any chemistry between them. Kirk Acevedo and Barbara Sukowa are great though.

-Deimos

Dammit Ramse, I thought you were cool. I'm really interested in seeing how Cole manages to survive after this. I have a feeling that Ramse isn't going to make it though.

Also, it annoys me every time writers use the "character finds out they have a kid and changes sides" plot device.

jwk94

So that episode puts a lot in perspective. Pretty cool. I have no idea how this is going to play out.

Looks like they might just let everything happen and then ???

Jone's comment about how it's her fate to die there makes me think that she knows something about the future. Also, was anybody else expecting Olivia to reveal that she's Jennifer from the future when they were both looking in the mirror? And what happened to Ramses' hands? Was that from the beating in the prison yard?

I'm not sure what to say about it really. *shrugs*

The two pendants coming together was pretty weird and I'm not entirely sure why it caused those changes.

Fun episode. Why didn't cole at the end tell Cassie to tell him in 2017 about the witness?
Who travelled back in time to tell Olivia to find ramse?
Did ramse himself create the army?
I was hoping that ramse getting close to the ancient body would start the same object reaction as the pendant
Is Olivia Jennifer's mother?

I like that this show keeps the pace moving and isn't getting bogged down with too much filler. Very snappy.

jwk94

I'm not sure what to say about it really. *shrugs*

The two pendants coming together was pretty weird and I'm not entirely sure why it caused those changes.
What changes?

Fun episode. Why didn't cole at the end tell Cassie to tell him in 2017 about the witness?
Who travelled back in time to tell Olivia to find ramse?
Did ramse himself create the army?
I was hoping that ramse getting close to the ancient body would start the same object reaction as the pendant
Is Olivia Jennifer's mother?

I like that this show keeps the pace moving and isn't getting bogged down with too much filler. Very snappy.

I thought so initially, but seeing Danko....errr....Jennifer's dad's lack of reaction to their first meeting, I don't think so.

liquidtmd

Banned
This is bubbling away to be a great little drama. Good talent and the criss crossing of this episode 11 was fantastic. Just don't think too hard about the minor narrative holes and it's fab to get swept along in

Was equally mystified about who told Olivia about Ramse in '87. The prison scenes and passing of time was well done. Ramse not aging in the slightest took me out of it a little.

-Deimos

Well looks like I was wrong about Ramse. The best part about this show really is how we don't know what the fuck is happening lol. I have no idea where we're going from here.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
just saw the latest episode. wow. the witness stuff was nice!

really impressed with this show, didn't think I'd like it so much at all.

-Deimos

So Jones knew Cole the entire time then? If it were me I'd just tell her everything on the spot. The red ivy has me interested, I wonder what link it has time travel or if it has any at all.
Also, Olivia continues to creep me out whenever she's on screen.

So Jones knew Cole the entire time then? If it were me I'd just tell her everything on the spot. The red ivy has me interested, I wonder what link it has time travel or if it has any at all.
Also, Olivia continues to creep me out whenever she's on screen.

If I remember correctly the explosion of energy caused the foliage to turn red.
And that was in the previous episode when the two pendants/necklaces connected.

Top Bottom