• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE Mercenaries 3D re-release in Japan: save file can now be erased, e-Shop ver. 12/27

cvxfreak

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_series/topic_game.html#tm3d

Biohazard: The Mercenaries 3D is being re-released in Japan as a Best Price budget package release on Dec. 13 and as an e-Shop download on Dec. 27.

Capcom has modified the game slightly so that players can start a new game. The original release received plenty of controversy because the save file could not be erased.

Also, the Revelations demo contained in the original game has been removed from the Best Price/e-Shop version.

Murrah

Banned
Budget priced eShop game is what this should have been in the first place; I got it for 15 at a best buy sale last year and for that price it's a great game

Game was incredibly fun.

With all the art assets they're sitting on these days, I would desperately love a content-rich sequel with a modicum of effort put into it.

Boney

Banned
But why bother when revelations is out?

because as neutered as Mercs3d is, it's still better than Revelations

How does it compare to RE5 mercs?

Some of the areas are closed off, doesn't have all RE4/5 maps, doesn't have all RE4/5 characters, although returning charaters from 4 are reworked to have 5's melee attacks. When enemies are far away they have like 1 frame animations so the game can run.

It also has the stupid +5 seconds per melee kill that makes having a good score kinda repetitive, which is a personal peeve.

It's mission structured, but missions barely involve more than just difficulty raises, although there's a pair of Wave battles.

There's also skills that you can use that level up, like better handling on a type of weapon or better damage on bosses.

How does it compare to RE5 mercs?
A surprising amount of overlap in the levels and loadouts.

Maybe less characters on screen at a given point but still "enough".

A better sense of progression as you unlock (a fair amount of) stuff, and a pretty solid online mode for co-op, too.

I don't know nothing about Resident Evil, but this was some kind of crazy arcade score attack game, right?

I could be persuaded to try it out with the right price (and maybe a demo).

Neiteio

I loved this game, and got top marks in nearly everything, but I can't play it now that I'm used to RE6 mechanics. o_O

Would double dip as well for $20 or less...

I think a lot of other who didn't even know of its existence may buy it as well with the thought that it's just a premium priced eshop title.

Mario Kart 7 was patched. In Japan, Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D was patched. Not sure what else.
One of those girl touching games was patched. Kingdom Hearts as well, I believe.

And I think Mario Kart 7 was pre-firmware as well, so it's possible.

mr_chun

It still blows my mind how big of a deal people made this out to be.

I've had my copy for a year and half, and have sunk nearly 100 hours into it. Not once have I thought to myself "man, I wish I could erase all of my high scores".

I got a second hand copy recently for just $4 because the save file thing made this game absolutely worthless.

10bucksnov_remercs.jpg

Good times.

Game is pretty shit though. Capcom didn't put any effort into it at all.

Top Bottom