• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Myrtle Beach on a long weekend trip and just swung into a target to kill some time. They have several switches of both types. No Pro controller and no Zelda. I was going to get a Pro controller if one was available to fuck with it on PC, but alas. It seems like the only games they have are 1-2-Switch and Just Dance.

NSESN

So it's almost sold out in US and Germany, but available elsewhere, looks like Nintendo didn't spread their units very well.

PSFan

no.. selling with bids. I know how ebay works as I use to do it for a primary job for a few months but I looked early on my phone and couldn't get the price down clearly from rmb

but I checked on pc and yeah 400 and over currently with a game so not a huge profit when you consider the fees etc but I didn't look at it too closely, will check a bit more

NEW LISTING Nintendo Switch Console Grey with Joy-Con! w/ Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
$415.00
56 bids

Edit upon a simple recheck here you go

Nintendo Switch Console with Neon Joy Cons bundle w/ pro Controller New in box..
5 product ratings
$461.00
4 bids
View similar active items
Sell one like this
Mar-04 05:01

Nintendo Switch 32GB Gray Console (with Gray Joy-Con) BRAND NEW SHIPS TODAY 3/4
8 product ratings
$399.99

Nintendo Switch - 32GB Gray Console Legend Of Zelda Special Edition..1 2 Switch
8 product ratings
$520.00

Nintendo Switch with Neon Blue and Neon Red Joy-Con! On Hand And Ready To Ship
$405.00

Nintendo Switch 32 gb Console Neon Red Blue Ships from USA In hand w receipt
$400.00
6 bids
View similar active items
Sell one like this
Mar-04 04:53

I am not up to date on fees but lets say they are making near 75 on each one. If the dude with 25 sold all his right now he just made roughly 2,500 or less depending on his actual profits from shipping etc nothing amazing to be honest. Not too shabby, but it's probably a weeks worth (not in total hours) worth work in in all seriousness probably atleast a solid 25 hours worth oh photos, packaging, printing labels, driving to the post, insurance or not etc worth of work. While I know he is being a dick, it isn't super cut and dry easy at least. Especially if the profit margins shrink.

Every now and then listings do sell for a lot more than the average too cause people feel they need that "one"

Well, bids don't necessarily prove anything either. Lots of scalpers will have fake ebay accounts to bid up their auctions in hopes to get a higher price. Or they'll have friends do it. And if they are unable to sell it, they can have their fake account win and relist the item at a higher price citing the previous auctions ending bid.

KDR_11k

Germany: Of course sold out but I was able to get one during my lunch break on Friday. But the game shelves are barren, not a copy of Zelda in sight. A few Bomberman copies, the occasional Just Dance and a wall of 1-2-Switch.

Still looking for a good case for the thing, the Gamestop "Play Go Case" is like two inches too long for the Switch and doesn't hold it in place. Avoid!

13ruce

Banned
In eu you can probably walk in and get one.
Would not surprise when its sold out during holiday with all the big hitters out.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
It was in stock on Dell.com in the middle of the day for like 30 minutes, with an AMEX -$75 coupon. The Nintendo Store had a midnight launch, then had more consoles to sell when they opened in the morning. Craigslist has on average people selling for $50 more, with multiple people selling for retail price. The NES Classic is scarcer.

harrytang

had them in stock in south FL at most Targets as of this morning. I went in at 8am and bought the neon.

Headed to Walmart next and bought their last Pro Controller. I'll be picking up BoTW from Best Buy at 10 with gamers club.

thought a line was gathering at Target but turns out I was the only nut standing outside for 15 min until it opened that wanted a Switch.

Oxn

Man i remember when people were saying if you didnt preorder, there was little chance of you getting one in March.

HAHAHAHA

i laughed even when that was said.

phant0m

NEVER. BUY. FROM. SCALPERS.

Seriously kids I know Zelda is amazing and all, but it can wait a few weeks. Fuck these grubby assholes.

Davey Cakes

Man i remember when people were saying if you didnt preorder, there was little chance of you getting one in March.

HAHAHAHA

I think people just got caught up in the hype and thought that Nintendo would create another Wii situation where "everyone has to have one" so it's impossible to find.

That just doesn't happen anymore.

Sushigod7

Didn't see any in stock yesterday hit a TRU, Best But and GameStop, I'm in Florida. My buddy found one in stock in Texas at a Target though.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
My local targets in the Philadelphia suburbs still have stock as well

I stopped in one of those targets this morning that said they had stock on their webpage and as soon as I walked at opening time they had an announcement on the intercom saying no Switches.

Fewr

I was lucky in Mexico. Ordered it from Amazon MX yesterday very early and got it on the same day.
¨
??
Still available from amazon mexico
Both versions (coloured slightli pricier), and states I can get it by monday if I want one.

Oxn

I think people just got caught up in the hype and thought that Nintendo would create another Wii situation where "everyone has to have one" so it's impossible to find.

That just doesn't happen anymore.

While true, the fact that people think Nintendo or any company with a brain will allocate all or most of their stocks on a non-limited run item to pre-orders is absurd.

Edit: Situation played out exactly like PSVR.

Shiggy

In Germany, the system seems to be more or less sold out locally. Yesterday it was still widely available online for delivery next week (no delivery in Germany on Sundays). Seems like supply matched demand relatively well nonetheless, eBay auctions just end at 330-350 EUR, which is the retail price over here.

TheExodu5

Banned
Not bad, I think.

Stopped by EB Games and they said they got half as many units for in-store sale as they did for pre-orders. Sounds like there's a healthy amount of stock coming from Nintendo. Sold out at the moment, but I think stock will refill quickly.

And going by Kijiji, prices are trending towards MSRP pretty fast.

Went into Best Buy (Florida, USA) yesterday evening to pick up my pre-ordered one. They had it and when talking with the rep she said that everyone who ordered one got it, and that their store had received about a dozen extra ones as well.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member

HAHAHAHA

I'm glad I preordered. My wallmart has none and the lady in front of me at gamestop got turned down. If I hadn't I would have one without serious searching.

Dehnus

Just checking several online retailers (Amazon, Target etc) and the thing seems to be completely sold out everywhere.

Looks like this have been a very successful launch for Nintendo so far.

It'll get better, unless the hardware quality is really terrible. But many fanboys bought two or three. This so they could play their precious Zelda on day one. By mondey or early next week these systems will have been returned or their preorder just cancelled.

It is at that point you'll see these systems show up in the stores. Now let's hope there is plenty of them, as there is a more evil creature than the Nintendo fanboy. Yes... I know.. that sounds odd... as they are about as cultist as they get... and no I'm not talking about the Sony Pony or the Xbot...

No I am talking about the.. scalper. The one that buys toys and then makes sure you have to pay double to get a gift for your chidlren or little nephew. I love it when scalpers feel pain. So the earlier the system is back in stock, the more pain they'll feel :D.

BFIB

This guy has quite a few for sale.

00m0m_fX0v6igYtIa_1200x900.jpg
Rettbone's husband, Rettboner

stoff

No chance of getting one here in germany. Just tripped all electronics stores in my city and even the games are all gone. Only saw one copy of JustDance and like 5 or 6 copies of 1-2-switch and skylanders. I suspect everything was severely undershipped.

gcubed

I stopped in one of those targets this morning that said they had stock on their webpage and as soon as I walked at opening time they had an announcement on the intercom saying no Switches.

I was in the Springfield one and they had 2 neons this morning, no grays. Not sure if they are still there if you are looking

Firebrand

In Sweden the red/blue one seems to be available online in quite a few places, though mostly sold out in stores from what I can see. Can collect in store with a few days waiting time.

Grey one seems to be sold out nearly everywhere though.

Ultima_5

i ended up with two and i'm wondering if i should try flipping it on craigslist instead of just returning it to best buy

Jarsonot

Went to target this morning and was waiting outside about a half hour before opening.

A guy came out and said they have 16 switches, but can't sell them because they're running an ad for tomorrow and need stock for their ad. Said the decision came from corporate.

If I can't find one anywhere else today I'll try there tomorrow morning. Just a heads up if you're planning on trying target today.

Chumley

Banned
Just checking several online retailers (Amazon, Target etc) and the thing seems to be completely sold out everywhere.

Looks like this have been a very successful launch for Nintendo so far.

First time in the 4 years I've used Amazon Prime where they missed the date.

I'd call it a very bad situation.

Well, bids don't necessarily prove anything either. Lots of scalpers will have fake ebay accounts to bid up their auctions in hopes to get a higher price. Or they'll have friends do it. And if they are unable to sell it, they can have their fake account win and relist the item at a higher price citing the previous auctions ending bid.

These are all in order, the going price is likely 400. You can check it each day though just to see out of curiosity. I think it's likely selling for 400 right now. As of this moment.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Games...lete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=nintendo+switch&_sop=13

not all of these are fake and you are putting an idea into something that may have some merrit but no, not fully. Unless your telling me that no one is buying switches on ebay? you are being a little illogical overall.

I have done a lot buy and reselling myself to help myself collect games that are a bit over priced. I have to clean up stuff and resell and it works out decently well as a collector. You have to know how to gauge pricing in order to do it though. I use to do well at pawn shops actually, dollar items selling for 20 to 30 as long as you know what to look for. Also helps you collect the stuff that is harder to come by strictly just on ebay cause prices are hard to get down. Action Replays and things can be found in the wild but if your just going to ebay you pay too much to have it.

This price will likely increase or decrease based on two simple facts. If it sells out in stores and you really can't find them. And if Nintendo can resupply or not. If Nintendo is quick to resupply and they are staying on the shelves or atleast somewhat in stock then that price will plummet below 300. People will obviously need to want them or have reason to want them, not sure Zelda and a few titles is enough for that. Like to see how Mario does and how the system does in the Holiday myself.

Just called around...it's available at 2 out of the 3 Walmart closest to me, in both colors, and available at both Targets but they only have grey left. So either Long Island got a lot of units, or they aren't that interested in the Switch around here? Either way, glad I'll most likely be able to grab one when my tax return comes in next week hopefully.

MickeyPhree

No chance of getting one here in germany. Just tripped all electronics stores in my city and even the games are all gone. Only saw one copy of JustDance and like 5 or 6 copies of 1-2-switch and skylanders. I suspect everything was severely undershipped.

Because you supposedly checked all electronic stores in your city that means the entire country is completely sold out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom