• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

..........The Green Goblin thing now balances out you not caring for the X-Men coming back.

Oh shit, almost forgot. I thought he was already on the list. So assuming there's just 32, the last 4 for each side I'm expecting are...
  • Marvel: Thor, Hulk, Star-Lord, Ultron (or Black Widow if Ultron is only a boss)
  • Capcom: Chun-Li, Phoenix Wright, Asura, Sigma (or Wesker if Sigma is only a boss)
I think I'd see Hawkeye over Star Lord.

If this is accurate completely, and we were to say there's 36 at launch for the sake of expanding the roster, who would be the last characters you'd want to see?

J-Tier

I would be shocked iF we didn't get 1/4 ratio with female characters.

I would like to see:

Nina, Regina, Ammy, Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Phoenix, Scarlet Witch, Songbird
I'm on board with your cast of females. I'd like to see Black Widow too personally. She's so vanilla that it'd be interesting to see if they could make her exciting.

Though if I had to choose, I'd pick the Punisher over any other munitions expert.

Ryce

Ryce if you don't confirm or deny this I'm going to call Eventhubs
Most of what I know is mentioned by Rikurikumore, but there’s also a lot of stuff he’s saying that I haven’t heard, so I can’t say if he’s legit or not. He hasn’t outright contradicted any of the info I was given, though.

Zaverious

So probably like 8 or 10 more characters left given that roster. I hope the Capcom side has a lot more new and left field people then. I look forward to their side of the roster the most.
Although I gotta say create a characters or defaults like Hunter don't really interest me. Would've rather had just a monster like Ratholos or Brachydios.

Caj814

Still awaiting news. . .some news. . .any news. . . .any day now
DopIeSG.gif

Jawmuncher

So probably like 8 or 10 more characters left given that roster. I hope the Capcom side has a lot more new and left field people then. I look forward to their side of the roster the most.

This is where i'm at. I come to MVC for the capcom side of the roster. The marvel side could literally be all reskins of shield agents and I wouldn't care so long as the capcom side is nice and diversified. MVC3 treated me pretty well, especially with it's 4 RE characters. Will be interesting to see if MVCI treats me well. I can say that if the roster doesn't have at least one big stand out for me, that i'll wait for it to hit $40 before picking it up.

Zaverious

Could all be alleviated by the Capcom All-Stars game we'll never get. They'd probably do another Marvel Super Heroes in 10 years before that. :(

SaikyoBro

Most of what I know is mentioned by Rikurikumore, but there’s also a lot of stuff he’s saying that I haven’t heard, so I can’t say if he’s legit or not. He hasn’t outright contradicted any of the info I was given, though.

It's worth mentioning that I'm on the same page. I don't technically know for sure if everything he's saying is correct, but we've received enough similar information for me to consider him trustworthy.

If he ends up having some details wrong, please, don't crucify me.

Sesha

If the rumor is real then I hope some of the characters, Capcom side in particular, is DLC, or the base roster is gonna be bigger than we think, because otherwise the list is kinda wack.

It's worth mentioning that I'm on the same page. I don't technically know for sure if everything he's saying is correct, but we've received enough similar information for me to consider him trustworthy.

If he ends up having some details wrong, please, don't crucify me.

Are you able to say what details they posted are completely new to you?

At this point, I doubt Chun Li/Akuma/SFV rep is a safe bet anymore. We might just have Ryu as the sole SF character which is a shock.

Is it weird that the only Capcom franchises to get two characters at the moment are Darkstalkers and Megaman?

SaikyoBro

Are you able to say what details they posted are completely new to you?

I hadn't heard about Venom, Songbird, Captain Commando, Arthur or any GnG character, Spider-Man, Leon, Strider, Doc Ock, Black Panther, Ant-Man, or any MH characters.

He sounds like he knows a lot more than I do, but everything I didn't just mention I had heard with strikingly similar detail (including his exact lineup of F4 DLC characters).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm on board with your cast of females. I'd like to see Black Widow too personally. She's so vanilla that it'd be interesting to see if they could make her exciting.

Though if I had to choose, I'd pick the Punisher over any other munitions expert.

Yeah, those women would be great fighters and I'm pretty sure they could come up many ways to make them unique.

Man if those games weren't rushed for release...

If they would able to get last 8 characters in then the roster would be more likely to be unbeatable.

I hadn't heard about Venom, Songbird, Captain Commando, Arthur or any GnG character, Spider-Man, Leon, Strider, Doc Ock, Black Panther, Ant-Man, or any MH characters.

He sounds like he knows a lot more than I do, but everything I didn't just mention I had heard with strikingly similar detail (including his exact lineup of F4 DLC characters).
So, mostly the FF part and Frank/Dante.
What abot the X-Men characters? Do you know something about that?

I'm going to put the rumors together to create a roster, from few sources. I recommend people to take it with a grain of salts.

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Hunter from Monster Hunter
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Captain Marvel - Confirmed
Captain America - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

Super Skrull, Doctor Doom or/and Silver Surfer may be DLC so I'm not going to put them up on the list.

No Wesker..

T_T

J-Tier

In regards to Jedah, I don't think he'll be censored per se, I do think the "blood" will be a different color. Decapitation may pose an issue in some countries, but the other self-mutilation moves aren't super crazy if presented properly.

I've reiterated this belief probably 20+ times previously in the thread. Sorry if y'all are sick of it.

X-men are property of Fox and won't be in the roster, maybe as DLC.
;P

Zaverious

Like the only Marvel characters I absolutely want in are Daredevil, Punisher, and Bullseye and I don't care how the rest of the Marvel roster turns out. . Meanwhile there are over 30 Capcom characters I want in the game with Nero, MegaMan.EXE, and Gene at the top.

Neoxon

I think I'd see Hawkeye over Star-Lord.

If this is accurate completely, and we were to say there's 36 at launch for the sake of expanding the roster, who would be the last characters you'd want to see?
Considering that the rumored list already has 5 Avengers with probably 2 more (Thor & Hulk), I'd consider a 2nd Guardians rep to be more likely.

vg260

If Doc Ock gets in, he could move around propped up by his tentacles which could have hit boxes, effectively making him a big body character.

Anbec7

I want Star-Lord & Gamora (Sorry rocket)

Also I just found out that Doom is now... Iron Man (?!) so we will have 2 Iron Man's? Or at least an skin for Iron Man I guess...

Top Bottom