• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst E3 moments?

Teknoman

"Sony showcased a new game from Naughty Dog, currently Untitled. It featured a man running through a jungle and dodging various things."

Square Enix announces Final Fantasy Versus XIII exclusively for PS3. It's being created by the team behind Kingdom Hearts 2 and will be an "extreme action game" that serves as a direct sequel to FFXIII.

Wow...seems like it was only yesterday. Probably going to end up missing the conference for MS and Sony this time. Might be able to catch Nintendo. Its always better to watch these things live.

LOL yeah the FF14 trailer gave me such blue balls. It was like they finally got the series back on track with what the fans wanted out of the series than.......online.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow, finally saw that Mr. Caffeine guy.

Who the fuck green lighted him at Ubisoft?

I'll agree with those saying the worst E3 pressers are actually the best.

Anyway the obvious:

Sony 2006
Nintendo 2008
Microsoft 2011

And for publishers:

Mr Caffeine
Jamie Kennedy
Konami 2010

Those are the greatest hits

rekameohs

Banned
So Sony had a horrendous 2006, Nintendo had a horrendous 2008, and Microsoft had a horrendous 2010. The two year gap is up, who's it going to be this year?

Ambitious

That guy that made a reveal/announcement and he stopped cuz he was expecting people to applaud but it was more like... mehh you suck dude *silence* and then he was like... "C'mon you bastards, aplaud for me"

Is there a vid for that? I have only seen that on gifs lol

You mean this gif?

ipjYSV61LfbEk.gif

MS conference, I think 2010. Can't remember what he announced though.

MC Safety

Velocity Girl was sort of amusing.

The hangar of great depression was a low point for the Santa Monica E3. Otherwise, I really enjoyed that new-look show.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What happened at Nintendo 2003?

Oblivion said:
Nintendo's 2003 E3 was fucking atrocious. 2008 was awful as well, but 2003 was something else entirely. The biggest, most important, "hyped" games they had were Pacman vs. and the port of Super Mario Bros. 3 for the GBA.

It was even worse than it seems because Nintendo had just released WW, and it was during a time when the gaming press as a whole was beginning to write off Nintendo completely as a good developer, and they didn't do anybody any favors with the conference they gave.

Flynn

I'm pretty sure someone mentioned Jaime Kennedy.

I was at that press conference, and he was drunk, or drugged, or both. He'd made no effort to memorize his lines, didn't bother with the teleprompter, and thought it would be funny to make virgin jokes to the audience.

Lord, was that ever awful.

I was there too. Honestly, I thought it was kind of funny in a totally not-funny Neil Hamburger sorta way.

Esiquio

Microsoft has taken the cake these past two E3s. That Disneyland Adventures whatchamacallit game was especially cringe-worthy.

"OH LOL GET THE THINGS AW WE'LL GET THEM NEXT TIME".

The worst part comes at the realization that yes, I'm sitting here watching this. THIS. This is what Microsoft deemed as worthy of putting in their most important showcase of the entire year. This is all they have to offer, and I'm being fed this bullshit in my own home. In the end I feel like the idiot, devoting time out of my day watching a conference live and Microsoft having us watch this shit. I strangely felt the exact same feeling during Nintendo's '08 conference.

QK8HJKGT.jpg

I also need to echo the "Five hundred ninety-nine US dollars". However, one thing that stands out to me is when the remaining Beatles were called on stage to promote The Beatles Rock Band. It was painfully obvious they didn't care about the game and only did it because they were getting paid.

Has Olivia Munn's rude, awkward segment with the four guys playing Twisted Metal been posted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHolqpnKDSI

Too bad we're going another year without awkward, rude Olivia Munn segments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHolqpnKDSI

Woooooooow! Self important, ultra condescending, arrogant diva much? Never watched G4 much for obvious reasons but this really takes the cake. I had no idea she was this bad. I really hope she got talked to by her bosses for her behavior in that segment, it made her and the network look terrible. I've watched a lot of videos involving media folk being rude but this one tops them all. What was she expecting the guys to do? Scream about how amazing Twisted Metal and pie are then do a dance? And I can't believe she actually said to the guy at 2min30 sec "Are you ready for a white lady to feed you pie?!" WOW. o_O This really should have garnered some outrage.

Apart from her angrily taking the prize away from the dude just because he didn't get on his knees and kiss her feet for offering him more mixed nuts, the part before where she tapped the other guy on the side of his head with the mic going "Hello? Are ya good? Are ya good?" Wow. I remember seeing her being interviewed on Dave back this past fall/winter and being all serious about her acting "career" and what a hard life she's had, give me a break. If you look in the YouTube comments, someone who claims to be personal friends and went to school with these guys said they deliberately acted this way because she was being incredibly rude before the segment even started. Anyways, talk about the smoking gun proof that G4 and its people are horrible.

SmithnCo

Microsoft has taken the cake these past two E3s. That Disneyland Adventures whatchamacallit game was especially cringe-worthy.

The worst part comes at the realization that yes, I'm sitting here watching this. THIS. This is what Microsoft deemed as worthy of putting in their most important showcase of the entire year. This is all they have to offer, and I'm being fed this bullshit in my own home. In the end I feel like the idiot, devoting time out of my day watching a conference live and Microsoft having us watch this shit. I strangely felt the exact same feeling during Nintendo's '08 conference.

Haha, that stuff is always hilarious though. I love when they trot out the kids during a conference, you know you're in for some awesomely transparent acting.

Sorry if it's already been posted but how about the E3 where Phillips announced their CDrom partnership with Nintendo only to have Nintendo publically betray and humiliate them by disavowing/denying it? And you thought "Desperate Nintendo is Best Nintendo," how about flat out "Pure Evil Jerky Nintendo"? lol

Your mistake was thinking the E3 main presentations is an important showcase to gamers that come to sites like this. It's not. Nintendo have consistently shit shows. Microsoft and Sony too. Yet they still sell tons. Coming out of the last two E3s the mainstream press showed off all the neat-o Kinect games parents could buy for their kids in the upcoming holiday season. They won. If you watch these things for anything other than the chance to see a trainwreck, you're doing it wrong. The best footage for us comes from the show floor later in the day or in the days following the insanely dreadful main show when the gaming media record footage of the games we actually care about. People that watch the main presentation and declare "so-and-so won/lost E3" are hilarious.

Top Bottom