• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default : file-size revealed (EU Version)

L~A

You're wondering how big the eShop version of Bravely Default is? Well, according to Nintendaan, it needs 26 543 blocks on your SD Card, which is over 3GB I believe (thanks dual audio!).

BZHh6PLCUAAnn7v.png

Oh, and I forgot some artworks uploaded by Nintendo yesterday :

Format and lock if old/irrelevant.

L~A

Dual audio? Beautiful.

Yup. Both English and Japanese dub + text in Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian. They really went all out with the localisation!

Oh, and I added a bunch of new artworks... maybe a mod could update the title?

Tohsaka

Yup. Both English and Japanese dub + text in Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian. They really went all out with the localisation!

Oh, and I added a bunch of new artworks... maybe a mod could update the title?

I love how Nintendo has been giving dual audio for a lot of their first-party releases lately. Hopefully they'll continue with X, whenever it comes out.

So what does this mean for people saying "oh the voices sound bad because the audio is compressed to fit onto a 2GB game card?". Also this makes me wonder if it would have been best for the game card to be smaller then have high quality audio as a download option
Who am I kidding? game will be on 4GB card

L~A

So what does this mean for people saying "oh the voices sound bad because the audio is compressed to fit onto a 2GB game card?". Also this makes me wonder if it would have been best for the game card to be smaller then have high quality audio as a download option
Who am I kidding? game will be on 4GB card

The game is definitely on a 4GB SD Card. Big size is also due to the music, I believe. Isn't the soundtrack made of 4CD? I doubt they went and add higher quality audio just for the eShop release....

.... that's something I wish they'd done for Virtue's Last Reward, by the way.

is the audio quality better than the trailers? They felt weirdly mixed.

Good question. I don't think the demo's gonna cut it (I mean, there's only English voices/text so as to make the demo as small as possible, doubt they went with full quality audio)

<3 my 128GB SD card.

Got a question... ever ran into any trouble with it? Like frequent crashes or slower loading? Since 128GB cards aren't supported official, and FAT32 isn't gret for 32GB+ cards... Think I'll have to buy one sooner or later!

Skelter

Banned
Got a question... ever ran into any trouble with it? Like frequent crashes or slower loading? Since 128GB cards aren't supported official, and FAT32 isn't gret for 32GB+ cards... Think I'll have to buy one sooner or later!

Nope not a single problem. It took sometime to move everything from my original SD card but I didn't lose my Animal Crossing data. Definitely worth the price.

L~A

Nope not a single problem. It took sometime to move everything from my original SD card but I didn't lose my Animal Crossing data. Definitely worth the price.

Ok thanks, might switch to that then. I mean, not even 1 year into full-digital for the 3DS, and I'm afraid my 32GB SD card won't last until then... I could upgrade to 64GB, but I'd like NOT to have to change anymore.

By the way, just saw the artworks again, and damn, it sure is beautiful. Really can't get enough of those!

Lucreto

It would take 12 hours to download for me.

I have problems with the download and cuts out after 2 or 3 minutes every time.

The game is definitely on a 4GB SD Card. Big size is also due to the music, I believe. Isn't the soundtrack made of 4CD? I doubt they went and add higher quality audio just for the eShop release....

.... that's something I wish they'd done for Virtue's Last Reward, by the way.

OST IIRC is 2 CDs 46 tracks in total, they had confirmed it was on a 4GB cart on here and originally Flying Fairy was on a 2GB cart, AFAIR

can someone tell me so i can compare

What is the block size and the numeric size for the demo again ?
Says 1,873 on the 3DS around 235MB

Tizoc

A few questions
1- How do I upgrade my 3DS' memory to 128 GB
2- Will I still be able to access my 3DS digital library if I change me cards? if so how do I go about that?
3- HOLY SHIT AT THAT SIZE.

Can't wait to get this game come December, it's really silly that USers gonna have to wait for it though @_@

L~A

Sorry for the necro, but I wanted to answer those

A few questions
1- How do I upgrade my 3DS' memory to 128 GB
2- Will I still be able to access my 3DS digital library if I change me cards? if so how do I go about that?
3- HOLY SHIT AT THAT SIZE.

Can't wait to get this game come December, it's really silly that USers gonna have to wait for it though @_@

1) Easy, you just :

a) take your SD card out of the 3DS, and then plug it in your computer
b) transfer all the data on your computer
c) remove the SD Card and plug in the new SD Card in your computer
d) copy/paste the contents from the previous SD Card into the new SD Card
e) plugs in your new SD Card in your 3DS.

And yes, you'll be able to access all your digital games and everything. That method I just gave you can actually be found on the official Nintendo website iirc

Top Bottom