• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pays Homage to PGR

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
GTHD? Pffft. PGR baby.

http://psp.connect.com/

And in case it vanishes, here's the ad banner.

hdr_hp_grandturismo_hd.jpg

Sorry if olde. Search revealed zero.

hyp

this is almost as bad as the full page gears of war back cover ad on the latest issue of PSM.

Bebpo

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
"Gran Turismo 4 HD"

Jeez, they don't know the name of their own first party game

That's modern day Sony. Communication ability between various areas of the company = zero. :\

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I almost didn't post it because now they'll change it. but it will be funny for an hour or two.

Mmmkay

That's hilarious, but I don't think it was something Sony made.

The banner links to
Straight from the SEMA show in Vegas, we take a first look at the upcoming Gran Turismo HD for Sony's Playstation 3.

© 2006 MediaSpigot LLC

So it was probably a sponsored banner made by them.

MbGCaM

methane47 said:
For those of us.. IE: me who dont know what you're talking about please explain :)
thank you

That's a Project Gotham Racing 3 screenshot (from E3 2005, first pics of the game)...

in a "GRAN TURISMO 4 HD" trailer... on a Official Sony website!

llTll

Banned
gives u an idea of how bad sony is lately. no wonder why the PS3 isnt in good place. too many wrong mistakes from sony [ i know it has nothing to do with this but still]

also i believe before, in the PS3 website, they had apple logo on ps3 which was also a mistake

llTll said:
gives u an idea of how bad sony is lately. no wonder why the PS3 isnt in good place. too many wrong mistakes from sony [ i know it has nothing to do with this but still]

also i believe before, in the PS3 website, they had apple logo on ps3 which was also a mistake

yeah they stole some java script from the apple site. What a pathetic company

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
MickeyKnox said:
:lol
Is that a Sony site or a fan made one?
nsi.com WHOIS said:
Registrant: Make this info private
Sony Connect Inc.
2100 Colorado Avenue, Col-2
Santa Monica, CA 90404
US

Domain Name: CONNECT.COM

Administrative Contact :
Connect, Sony
connect@sonyusa.com
6080 Center Drive
10th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90045
US
Phone: (310) 981-1500

Technical Contact :
Network Solutions, LLC.
customerservice@networksolutions.com
13861 Sunrise Valley Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
US
Phone: 1-888-642-9675
Fax: 571-434-4620

Record expires on 21-Apr-2012
Record created on 21-Apr-1999
Database last updated on 23-Jun-2006

Domain servers in listed order: Manage DNS

NS1.SONYPICTURES.COM 160.33.28.134
NS2.SONYPICTURES.COM
NS3.SONYPICTURES.COM

Show underlying registry data for this record
*snip*

Kittonwy

Banned
llTll said:

They should hire me so I can fire all the idiots and hire some smart people, then they would only have one idiot to deal with.
Indifferent2.gif

methane47

MbGCaM said:
That's a Project Gotham Racing 3 screenshot (from E3 2005, first pics of the game)...

in a "GRAN TURISMO 4 HD" trailer... on a Official Sony website!

God that is sad... and isn't PGR3 a MS exclusive? How in the hell could you mix those up?

Original shot from IGN: Xbox360 page
project-gotham-racing-3-20050517003046836.jpg

So sad... Sony wtf are you doing? I'm gonna go ahead and assume that it was an intern

scarybore

I wish I could say things will get better, but Sony ain't showing much sign of that yet. truly unbelievable. :lol

Oh, dear. It's much worse when you see the picture. And the games are just promoted visually in such completely different ways! I mean, it LOOKS like a PGR3 shot.

Yikes.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Seriously, Sony need to fire whatever piece of shit agency it is that runs their websites.

The Apple logo, the fake blog and now this?

At best it's utterly negligent. At worst it could land them in court.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
:lol

i so cant wait to pull this out the next time pgr vs gt comes up ;)

Scotch

Wow :lol :lol :lol

Reminds me of www.xboxlivepipeline.com (official MS site) where they use a PSP screenshot from Medal of Honor: Heroes in the Medal of Honor: Airborne section. But they at least got the name of the game right. :lol

Top Bottom