• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Kumubou

Central Fiction will be probably 40$ with all DLCs included. Steamdb price was 37 Euros. Though I hope previous BB owners get a small loyalty discount like with Guilty Gear
Yeah... did you see how they tried to price Xrd:R on PC? It's an open question if ArcSys learned anything from that debacle.

shaowebb

I want this EXPLAINED:[
C90pNY3VoAARhIT.jpg:large

Well considering they just had a TVC event in Odaiba all I am hoping it means is that my prayers have been answered. Blah blah blah I know all the arguments. I understand. Doesn't mean I dont still want it no matter that its not likely anything more than a fan roster. I'd be shocked if TVC 2 happened and Mute King wasn't in on the Tatsunoko side. Mute King was almost in TVC:UAS and would be more likely than Honeybee Hutch or even Speed Racer based on that fact.

If it happens someday I'd be super down for this title. I still play and adore the original.
That character poll might be interesting if they were making a TvC2 game but for a Marvel VS game or even a Capcom All Star game... it's far too Japan-centric to be too relevant. Way too many obscure characters on both side of the field.

How the hell are you not going to have Wecker on there?

Being japanese centric was kind of the entire point of a vs game with Tatsunoko to begin with. Plus the Capcom side of the original was made of pretty much whoever the team liked. They were given near full control of whoever they wanted to include. Eclectic Capcom cast in a TVC title would just be normal given its history and Sengoku Basara, if possible, would make sense given it is MUCH bigger in japan than here. If japan doesn't care about a franchise much it probably wouldn't be a likely roster addition for them in a TVC title if it was allowed to develop like its predecessor was.

Marvel in general is a western thing. I could see Tatsunoko being considered for a title to be used for an eastern thing too. I doubt they'll ever self compete like that though. It wouldn't make financial sense.

Tripon

http://www.apex-series.com/
Read the most recent news update. Kinda bummed that the regional/major closest to me won't be happening this year. Their reasons makes sense, but I would've liked there to be a slightly smaller/weaker event rather than no event at all. Oh well.
Text from update:
"Status update on APEX 2017
We at APEX Series LLC would once again like to thank everyone that came out to APEX 2016 Tournament, and we are glad to see a continued interest in the tournament's future. With that being said we have decided to hold off on doing an APEX 2017 tournament. With running any tournament there are a lot of resources and manpower that are needed to put on a successful show and we want to make sure we have all those pieces in place to give all the fans the best experience possible, realistically we can not do that at this moment in time. That compounded with the Garden State Exhibition Center closing down it is just not feasible to hold the tournament this year. We are just as disappointed as you are to not be bringing APEX to the masses this year but we look forward to delivering the best APEX the fans deserve.
We will continue to keep you all up to date on our Facebook, Twitter, as well as our Discord channel. Thank you again for your continued support of APEX!"
EDIT: Apparently the news update was taken down off the website. Might have something to do with this post since it was the same day, but that's still pretty weird. Premature announcement perhaps? Not really sure.
EDIT 2: https://twitter.com/apex_series/status/855165636271583232 Cancellation confirmed. Rip.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/66i679/apex_2017_is_cancelled/
We at APEX Series LLC would once again like to thank everyone that came out to APEX 2016 Tournament, and we are glad to see a continued interest in the tournament's future. With that being said we have decided to hold off on doing an APEX 2017 tournament. With running any tournament there are a lot of resources and manpower that are needed to put on a successful show and we want to make sure we have all those pieces in place to give all the fans the best experience possible, realistically we can not do that at this moment in time. That compounded with the Garden State Exhibition Center closing down it is just not feasible to hold the tournament this year. We are just as disappointed as you are to not be bringing APEX to the masses this year but we look forward to delivering the best APEX the fans deserve.

We will continue to keep you all up to date on our Facebook, Twitter, as well as our Discord channel. Thank you again for your continued support of APEX!
http://apex-series.com/

Beckx

James Chen's beginner GG stream was really good last night. I'm tempted to try to get a character to a point where I can join one of those rooms. GG is one game that feels like it's completely beyond my abilities but maybe I can just learn a couple of simple Sin combos. I mean I can have fun in SG with basically only having one Bella combo so why not try GG.

He's talking about doing a beginner KoF room stream soon which would be fantastic.

BadWolf

James Chen's beginner GG stream was really good last night. I'm tempted to try to get a character to a point where I can join one of those rooms. GG is one game that feels like it's completely beyond my abilities but maybe I can just learn a couple of simple Sin combos. I mean I can have fun in SG with basically only having one Bella combo so why not try GG.

He's talking about doing a beginner KoF room stream soon which would be fantastic.

I tried the GG demo a while back and it didn't seem hard to get some simple combos going. There is a lot of dial-a-combo stuff so it felt easy to do them on a basic level and the damage seemed decent. The roman cancel thing was also pretty easy to incorporate into combos, it's like a drive cancel but for everything (including normals, instead of just specials), timing felt lenient. Tried Slayer and Jam.

Beckx

Yeah, I noticed that some of the characters I played could be played with an almost "magic series" approach to combos. I tend to get demoralized when I try combo practice trails and have way more fun when I just figure out a couple of good things I can do and go.

Sin was really fun to learn in XRD tbh

too bad I only learned 1 MU with him then called it quits

Tripon

So I was told that I have to attend a training to learn the new special education management system we're using for next year. The training is on Saturday, July 15th, the same weekend as EVO. lol, there goes my plans that weekend.

MrCarter

I was a little concerned after the car stuff, but seems like he may survive this after all.

I had no worries to be honest. He's young so of course he will spend on a few luxuries (who wouldn't lol) but he also seems like he has a smart head on his shoulders.

With the advent of the hero shooter, FPS games are now fighting games too.

Overwatch perfectly fills the space in my life that I used to try and fill with fighting games.

A selection of characters that play uniquely, matchups, special moves, supers.

Maybe Injustice 2 will change things with decent netcode. We'll see.

Top Bottom