• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch accessories (Hori/Officially licensed by Nintendo)

Because it's partially a successor to their handheld consoles which have used cartridges.
Well, that's not why. It's because using optical media doesn't work for a portable system. (UMD was a mistake...)

Also, why are people all like "cartridge size confirmed" when a cartridge was shown in the reveal trailer?

Yeah the biggest news in all of this is the fightstick.

They wouldn't be making this for the Switch if there were no fighting games coming out.

Da-Kid

And btw, just because the skin set comes out March 2017 that does not imply the game will too.
It implies it more than not, when has a skin, or specially designed version of a console for a game ever come out when said game wasn't out already?

PMS341

C11xKhfWEAQU9ZP.jpg

MvC Infinite starting to seem more and more likely.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
God damn... I am thoroughly aroused. I want skins on skins on cases on cases. Gotta have that play and charge stand on my work desk, for sure. I think my controller situation might be the 2 Joycons, 1 official Nintendo Pro and one of them Horis at ~$29.99.

I wonder if having cases on the Switch will affect it sliding into the dock. Also, might be a bit annoying to have to remove the case to detach the Joycons but I guess that's a given.

Isn't this pointless with a built-in kickstand? Unless it comes with a charger or something.

Well, if that's the charging port on the bottom, I'm not sure you'll be able to charge while it's up on the included kick stand will you?

Koppai

Would be nice if the Wii U Pro Controller worked with it.
It implies it more than not, when has a skin, or specially designed version of a console for a game ever come out when said game wasn't out already?
Like all the Pokémon 3DS came out before the games lol...

Tekken Tag 2 was incredible for Wii U. Hope a Tekken 7 port includes Nintendo costumes.

Not buying Injustice until a complete version is released after not all the DLC appearing on the Wii U version.

Compsiox

Banned
Isn't this pointless with a built-in kickstand? Unless it comes with a charger or something.

When you're playing at the park and want to use the Joycon Grip would you want to lean your Switch against something or put it on a sturdy stand?

elohel

This a confirmation folks.

Console launch gonna be a fucking beast

What do you mean?

Also man HORI be taking any and all, in a good way, orders for controllers aren't they deep in iOS stuff as well? Main provider of buttons or something and they make a controller?

BahamutPT

Doesn't confirm but it definitely implies. Skins based on a game that isn't even on the console yet would make little sense.

They can use skins to generate (even more) hype.
I still think the game will release around launch, but people shouldn't believe it's basically confirmed just because of a skin.

When you're playing at the park and want to use the Joycon Grip would you want to lean your Switch against something or put it on a sturdy stand?
Yeah what's so hard to understand? People want their Switch sitting in front of them and they can change the angles and raise the Switch higher lower for comfort as they play.

TS-08

And btw, just because the skin set comes out March 2017 that does not imply the game will too.

It's possible that it won't, but it seems strange to sell accessories for a game (not just a franchise, but a specific game) that isn't coming out for months potentially. I would think these companies would prefer to release them around the time the game comes out for maximum effect.

oti

Banned
That clamshell looks nice for protection but taking the Joy-Con on and off with that thing all the time sounds like a big hassle.

Definitely getting a cheap Ethernet adapter off Amazon for this though.

TreIII

MvC Infinite starting to seem more and more likely.

That's my hope.

Plus, it's the only option present for giving the game a "portable" version at all, which I'd like to think Capcom and Marvel would want to make sure is covered.

Da-Kid

Well since you can play games with more than one person on the screen, this stand makes more plausible sense to use to comfortably play games with another. Unlike the default kickstand, it elevates the screen and gives it more viewing range for a second person

Neoxon

Injustice 2?
Injustice 2 is in May. And with Street Fighter V being locked to PS4 as far as consoles go, the only options for fighting games at launch are...
  • Tekken 7 (Maybe)
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
  • BlazBlue: Central Fiction
  • Mortal Kombat XL

Top Bottom