• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameblog (French, PS4 Pro reveal date leak) feeds the NX rumor mill

Maiar_m

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/62928-j-ai-quelque-chose-a-vous-dire-sur-la-nintendo-nx-ses-premie [fr]

So this is very heavily using "should be" and "might be", but it's worth a translation:

- He says he's only sharing stuff multiple sources have confirmed
- "Sure about 20 games in development"
- Their sources are currently developing on the platform and have devkits
- "You'll be able to verify these leaks very soon" but not aware of the actual reveal date
- Nintendo hasn't shared all of the NX "gimmicks" with their dev yet
- Hybrid confirmed but not the only "surprise"
- He's been confirmed there are detachable controllers
- No real dock where you plug the handheld, but a wireless 'dongle' upscaling for the TV
- Handheld game is the same as the "docked" game
- Games look good on the handheld screen (780 - 900p), about PS4 level
- Ports should be easy despite the different architecture
- Very positive feedback on the dev tools
- Breath of the Wild looks nicer on NX (duh)
- Smartphone connectivity maybe possible
- VR not out of the question but first tests aren't satisfying.
- Lots of remasters planned (Skyward Sword, MK8, Splatoon, Smash, N64 and Wii games)
- FFXV and FFVII Remake are coming to NX
- Platinum Games and Capcom are in
- Ubisoft in (BG&E 2 discussed but not confirmed, Splinter Cell and a Yoshi / Rabbid Rabbits crossover being discussed too)

Edit: For posterity, what's been confirmed or debunked as of before the Switch stream of January 2017:

- Hybrid confirmed but not the only "surprise" | Could be true, patents show gameplay elements not disclosed in the 2016 teaser
- He's been confirmed there are detachable controllers | True
- No real dock where you plug the handheld, but a wireless 'dongle' upscaling for the TV | Big false
- Handheld game is the same as the "docked" game | Kinda true. Tech seems to point to downscaled portable mode, but in effect the same game.
- Games look good on the handheld screen (780 - 900p), about PS4 level | Subjective but probably false given rumored specs
- Ports should be easy despite the different architecture | Can't know for sure
- Breath of the Wild looks nicer on NX (duh) | Well, actually, not so duh. We'll see.
- Smartphone connectivity maybe possible | Not known right now
- VR not out of the question but first tests aren't satisfying. | Patents suggest VR headset add-on indeed
- Lots of remasters planned (Skyward Sword, MK8, Splatoon, Smash, N64 and Wii games) | MK8 and Splatoon seem valid.
- FFXV and FFVII Remake are coming to NX | FFXV probably bullshit. No news on either front.
- Platinum Games and Capcom are in | Don't know, but they're on the "list"
- Ubisoft in (BG&E 2 discussed but not confirmed, Splinter Cell and a Yoshi / Rabbid Rabbits crossover being discussed too) | Other rumors go that way as well

Dystify

Right at the top; 20 games in development. How would he know that? Does he have contact to someone who has contact to every single NX developer?

Edit: Either I read it wrong or the OP got edited, but nevermind, it sounds more clear now.

This sounds mostly like previous reports, nothing really new aside from the FF ports.

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/62928-j-ai-quelque-chose-a-vous-dire-sur-la-nintendo-nx-ses-premie [fr]

So this is very heavily using "should be" and "might be", but it's worth a translation:

- "Sure about 20 games in development"
- Their sources are currently developing on the platform and have devkits
- "You'll be able to verify these leaks very soon" but not aware of the actual reveal date
- Nintendo hasn't shared all of the NX "gimmicks" with their dev yet
- Hybrid confirmed but not the only "surprise"
- He's been confirmed there are detachable controllers
- No real dock where you plug the handheld, but a wireless 'dongle' upscaling for the TV
- Handheld game is the same as the "docked" game
- Games look good on the handheld screen (780 - 900p), about PS4 level
- Ports should be easy despite the different architecture
- Very positive feedback on the dev tools
- Breath of the Wild looks nicer on NX (duh)
- Smartphone connectivity maybe possible
- VR not out of the question but first tests aren't satisfying.
- Lots of remasters planned (Skyward Sword, MK8, Splatoon, Smash, N64 and Wii games)
- FFXV and FFVII Remake are coming to NX
- Platinum Games and Capcom are in
- Ubisoft in (BG&E 2 discussed but not confirmed, Splinter Cell and a Yoshi / Rabbid Rabbits crossover being discussed too)

If true, greatest Nintendo console.

And I've heard multiple 'rumblings' about a Nintendo and Rabbids crossover...

GameBlog isn't too trustworthy though it sounds about right.
They also said NX was going to be PS4 pro level before backing down to this
Don't see FFXV being ported to it unless it turns out really well and magically end up running well on Xbox One.
Yoshi x Rabbids sounds too weird to be true

Yes, clearly SE will make a FFXV port for a console that hasn't even been revealed yet right away instead of waiting a year like with PC and clearly the "Coming First To PS4" FFVIIR language was a lie.

Close it down.

Banned

10k 2.0
FFXV isn't coming to NX and VIIr is a timed exclusive for Sony I believe.

Also, Gameblog is like the tabloids of French media so I doubt anybody will take them seriously.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i just want the official announcement already. not quite sure what this thing is gonna be or look like exactly. it's not sounding too good based on these rumors. detachable controllers...ew. hope nintendo pull this off.

Malus

Too comprehensive a leak for me to believe. I want it to be true though :(

But hey a new thread. 2 weeks between now and the investor meeting guyz. Time sure is flying.

Misread as "Splinter Cell and Rabbids crossover" and almost had a heart attack.
Got a leaked screenshot
videogame_splinter_big.jpg

wouldnt be weirder than MGS vs Ape Escape

OCD Guy

Why is there not a general NX thread again?

People sometimes complain about new threads, which get closed anyway, but wouldn't it make sense to just have a general NX discussion thread?

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
The best thing about fake rumors, is that they start with "friend or close associate has a development kit" so I can leak some details about the NX. Then by the tail-end of the rumor, the "leaker" practically details all the first-party games in development and marketing strategies.

This is fake as hell.

Why is there not a general NX thread again?

People sometimes complain about new threads, which get closed anyway, but wouldn't it make sense to just have a general NX discussion thread?
You really don't know what happens there after a while 😂

This says too little to really be noteworthy. Pretty much copies previous rumours and throws some extra things in which are easy to commit to (e.g. mentions remasters, but not new games or a reveal date). Also weird their sources know about these Nintendo remasters. Very "safe" all around.

You guys hear that? I think I hear Emily Rogers frantically scribbling down notes.

Give me a break.

The best thing about fake rumors, is that they start with "friend or close associate has a development kit" so I can leak some details about the NX. Then by the tail-end of the rumor, the "leaker" practically details all the first-party games in development and marketing strategies.

This is fake as hell.

Exactly.

yoonshik

This is fake as hell.
yep.

udivision

Round and round we go.

This is fake as hell.

I still don't understand how/why/wut we would even know about Nintendo being 50% sure if they want to make a Splatoon port or whatever. That they're debating it. How the heck would that leak?

Also weird to note that Platinum is "in" since they're not a publisher and Nintendo would have to hire them to make games.
Pretty sure Capcom support was confirmed already by someone at Nintendo.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Almost all of these are repeats of previously publicly disclosed rumours, and almost all the original claims are vague, underspecified, and unfalsifiable. Classic hallmarks of a scam attention grab. Turd emoji / 10.

Top Bottom