• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is probably the best way to become a video game collector

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So, I stumbled upon this auction a few days ago,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIGGEST-COL...ux_Vidéo&hash=item4605501c13#ht_161279wt_1163

segasaturnjapanesefulls.jpg

I've been poring over the pictures ever since.

Dude is selling like... every game ever. I don't even know how one amasses a collection like this without being majorly connected with people in the industry... Pretty incredible stuff to look at, even if you can't quite foot the bill.

It's also funny to see how minor fluctuations in the conversion rate change the price by tens of thousands of dollars.

Baust

̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶p̶r̶i̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶P̶a̶n̶z̶e̶r̶ ̶D̶r̶a̶g̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶S̶a̶g̶a̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶. Still, that's an incredible collection

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm still trying to figure out if the value he placed on it is justified. Because there are a lot of games in there that go for several thousand dollars, and a lot of those games he has sealed. Which is insane. I don't have time to go through all of it, obviously, since there are probably like 12000 games here or something... but he might not be completely off-base.

Brings a tear to my eye. So beautiful.

I've been slowing selling away my collection and would love for someone to come along and just buy it all at once.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Looks like Adol. long, long, longtime collector. Weird that someone like that would just want to sell everything at once, considering how much stuff he regularly listed on eBay for years. Could be some weird form of posturing, but I dunno; I'm not really insane enough to think like an ubercollector.

The guy's gotta be somebody. How does one have every single game for an NEC console, factory sealed? And he says he's had tons of copies of these games floating around before...

Obviously connections help, but even when they don't, money talks.

MDSLKTR

One day our steam backlog will be as big as this. But yeah, impressive. Even more with the fact that they're all mint.

Top Bottom