• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 1-3 being re-released on 3DS in Japan

GSR

From Sinobi.

The first three Ace Attorney games are getting a re-release as a collection on the 3DS, for 3,990 yen. A 3D effect will be present, but they don't appear to be full remakes. As with the Japanese DS releases, an English-language option will be present. The game's boxart will be drawn by Tatsurou Iwamoto, who did designs for the first three games.

A new drama CD will also be recorded and released at the same time, starring Phoenix and Edgeworth. Godot will play a role, marking his first time in an Ace Attorney audio production.

Pre-orders will receive a code to download original artwork and arranged versions of the series' BGM.

The collection will be released April 17th in Japan.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPmZlk7oOOM
Official site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/123/

Main logo/artwork (used on the boxart):

mqetZIO.jpg

O1a3Ynd.jpg

Goli

It's a collection of the first 3 AA games w/ stereoscopic 3D for 3DS.
3990 yen.
A limited edition is also being made.
Releasing on 4/17.

Sandfox

I wonder if this is going to be the iOS versions or the DS versions. Also, if Capcom were to release this in the West I'd be stupid enough to buy it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So this collection wasn't previously available in Japan?

Great news if they end up releasing them in other regions.

DonMigs85

Poor Apollo. So this is an actual 3DS cart with unaltered games? It won't work on an old DS?
EDIT: Saw that they have 3D support

Oh awesome! I've been trying to find the DS games for decent prices and having absolutely no luck. Don't want to play them on Wii, don't have an Apple thing, and they're all apparently super rare and expensive in PAL territories. I'd jump all over a 3DS re-release.

Ridley327

I'd have to believe that this will get an eShop release in the west, at the very least. It's not like Capcom really has to do any more work on these games anymore.

I swear I was thinking about them releasing two of these collections just this past weekend.

Here's hoping they do a AA4/AAI1+2 collection too and release it worldwide

Goli

I know people say the iOS ones are bad... But I really enjoyed the games even with its downsides.

I don't get what are the supposed downsides of the iOS version.
They're all the same games except with super high resolution art.

Sandfox

Oh awesome! I've been trying to find the DS games for decent prices and having absolutely no luck. Don't want to play them on Wii, don't have an Apple thing, and they're all apparently super rare and expensive in PAL territories. I'd jump all over a 3DS re-release.

DS games are region free so you could just import the US versions which were reprinted and are available for good prices.

So, what, is Capcom going to re-release the original trilogy for every single Nintendo handheld from now on?

And we'd buy it every time.

LX_Theo

Banned
Well, they're phenomenal games. It's unfortunate that you had to experience them that way.
Except whatever the downsides were, I never noticed them. Say what you will, it as an initial experience does little to dampen the effect of the game.

Tenumi

Banned
If this makes it to the US, I'm almost definitely buying, for sure.

...Not too much to ask for 4 plus AAI 1 and 2, is it? That's probably pushing our luck.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I was hoping this happened sooner or later. Never got a chance to play them on the ds and I really enjoyed the demo for the new game. Hope this gets released outside of Japan too.

-Horizon-

So they did put the old games into a collection! I kept thinking that it would be the best move since there will not be DS games for 3DS on the eshop.

Bring this to the US please!

Toad.T

Banned
Maybe I can finally get into the series with these. The Wiiware port of the first title didn't really grab me.

AA5 seems to have done decently over here, though it's hard to tell without any NPD figures 'cuz digital. XP We might actually get this one, though! If we do it's a day 1 purchase for me.

EDIT: Oh, it has English text? We'll probably get it at least digitally, then.

Top Bottom