• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida man beaten, robbed, stripped naked on first date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dram

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/17/19008092-florida-man-beaten-robbed-stripped-naked-on-first-date?lite
A Florida man was beaten, robbed, forced to strip naked and abandoned on the side of a road Friday evening during a first date gone horribly wrong, according to police.

Authorities found nude, bloodied Shaun Paul Williams, 34, walking on the shoulder of State Road 100 in Bunnell, Fla., late Friday near a cow pasture where Williams said he was assaulted and mugged by his date and her two unidentified male companions earlier that evening, according to a Flagler County Sheriff’s Office case report.

Williams told sheriff’s deputies that he met the unidentified woman at a convenience store in Daytona Beach, Fla., two weeks ago. They struck up a friendship and later arranged to go out on June 14, according to the report.

The woman picked up Williams in front of the same convenience store for their first date Friday evening. After Williams entered the woman’s vehicle, he discovered two unidentified adult men – one of whom the woman introduced as her brother, the report states.

The woman’s alleged brother instructed her to stop somewhere along the side street because he had to “wait for a friend.” She then backed into what Williams described to investigators as an “empty cow pasture.”

Williams told investigators that he then exited the vehicle to urinate but was allegedly bludgeoned twice in the face with a “hard metal object.” He collapsed to the ground and held his face in his hands while one of the unidentified men allegedly said, “Give me all your money and all your clothes.”

Williams said he then opened his eyes and saw a semi-automatic pistol pointed straight at his face, according to the report.

After Williams complied with their orders, the woman and her two male companions then fled the scene in the vehicle, according to the report.

All told, Williams claimed he was robbed of $200 in cash, a Straight Talk pre-paid cellular phone, his Florida driver’s license, a gray tank top, black Dickie shorts and a pair of DC sneakers.

Fracas

#fuckonami
r0AYH.gif

Hope they find her and her cohorts.

Just gonna put this out there. None of my first dates have ever involved me meeting the person at the gas station wherein we first met. I have however met up with drug dealers at gas stations..

xenist

OK. Florida Man, the world's worst superhero, went to a first date dressed in a tank top and dickies. His date, along with her brother and another guy, picked him up in front of a convenience store because that's a normal first date for Florida Man. Then they proceeded to drive him into an empty cow pasture where he was beaten and robbed.

Or, Florida Man had a drug deal go bad.

I wonder which of the two options is more likely.

OK. Florida Man, the world's worst superhero, went to a first date dressed in a tank top and dickies. His date, along with her brother and another guy, picked him up in front of a convenience store because that's a normal first date for Florida Man. Then they proceeded to drive him into an empty cow pasture where he was beaten and robbed.

Or, Florida Man had a drug deal go bad.

I wonder which of the two options is more likely.

Yeah, it seems way too elaborate of a set up just to steal whatever the guy was carrying.

zma1013

How was all of this worth $200 and a gimped-cell phone? Was this in planning for weeks or did the brother hi-jack the sister's date?

n64coder

People have got to stop wearing Dickies in any year past 2000. Shit is just, not cool.

If you work in the trades or you like to DIY, what's wrong with Dickies? I agree that they shouldn't be worn on dates but they're great for doing painting/carpentry work. I have 4 pairs of shorts and 2 pairs of pants that I use for my home improvement projects. They're strong, comfortable, and have lots of pockets.

How was all of this worth $200 and a gimped-cell phone? Was this in planning for weeks or did the brother hi-jack the sister's date?

Judging by the picture of the victim and the fact that he was waiting at a convenience store with $200, I'd say drugs were involved.

dionysus

Yaldog
Reminds me of a solicitation gone wrong that one of my Dad's friends was involved with.

My dad's friend orders a prostitute to come to his trailer. 10 minutes into the business relationship 2 dudes show up and beat the crap out of him and rob him blind. I guess the theory is the victim won't report the crime because of the embarassment.

Anyway he had to call an ambulance because he was seriously hurt, and of course this occurring in a small town it made front page news because he was also the brother of a guy running for sheriff. The newspaper article was a total hit peice against the guy running for sheriff, as it mentioned prostitution (not alleged) about 100 times with no evidence (I mean it was true but they didn't know that) and mentioned the relationship with the Sheriff's candidate about 25 times. Ahhh small town newspapers, so excited when they have something to report other than little Billy killing his first 6 point and the HS basketball scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom