• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/10 - 3/16

cvxfreak

software.gif

01./00. [NDS] DS Beautiful Letter Training (Nintendo) - 65,689 / NEW
02./01. [PS3] Yakuza 3: Kenzan! (Sega) - 45,776 / 227,000
03./03. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 44,500 / 1,704,000
04./02. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo) - 40,984 / 1,449,000
05./04. [PS2] Gundam Musou Special (Bandai-Namco) - 24,269 / 213,000
06./00. [NDS] Shugo Chara! Three Eggs and the Joker in Love (Konami) - 20,383 / NEW
07./00. [PS2] Daito Giken Official Pachislo Simulator: New Yoshimune (Paon) - 18,198 / NEW
08./06. [WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo) - 16,921 / 2,855,000
09./11. [NDS] Harvest Moon: Shining Sun and Friends (Marvelous Entertainment) - 11,494 / 93,000
10./12. [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo) - 11,060 / 2,271,000

11./05. [WII] Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Nintendo)
12./09. [PSP] Musou Orochi (Koei)
13./00. [PS2] 12Riven: The Ψcliminal of Integral (CyberFront)
14./10. [WII] Everyone's General Knowledge Training TV (Nintendo)
15./07. [NDS] Soma Bringer (Nintendo)
16./14. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd (Capcom)
17./08. [NDS] Doraemon: Nobita and the Green Giant DS (Sega)
18./00. [NDS] Hayate the Combat Butler: Girl-Making War: Mansion Edition (Konami)
19./00. [NDS] Hayate the Combat Butler: Girl-Making War: School Edition (Konami)
20./17. [NDS] Mario Party DS (Nintendo)
21./18. [NDS] Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo)
22./22. [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
23./13. [NDS] Etrian Odyssey II: The Royal Grail (Atlus)
24./23. [NDS] Taiko Drum Master DS (Bandai-Namco)
25./00. [PS2] Winning Post 7: Maximum 2008 (Koei)
26./24. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
27./00. [NDS] Duel Love: The Loving Girl is the Goddess of Victory (Bandai-Namco)
28./19. [WII] Winning Eleven Play Maker 2008 (Konami)
29./15. [WII] Family Ski (Bandai-Namco)
30./20. [NDS] Jirou Akagawa Mystery: Nocturne: The Invited Killer (Marvelous Entertainment)
31./28. [PS2] Yakuza 2 (Sega)
32./25. [NDS] Animal Crossing Wild World (Nintendo)
33./30. [NDS] Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 2nd Season (Konami)
34./26. [PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven: Ubiquitous Evolution 2008 (Konami)
35./00. [PS3] Winning Post 7: Maximum 2008 (Koei)
36./21. [NDS] Keroro Gunsou 3: Adventure in the Sky! (Bandai-Namco)
37./34. [NDS] Prof. Layton and Pandora's Box (Level 5)
38./39. [NDS] L, the Prologue to Death Note: Rasen's Trap (Konami)
39./29. [NDS] Kanji Brain Test 2.5M (IE Institute)
40./49. [NDS] DS Literature Collection (Nintendo)
41./37. [WII] Mario Party 8 (Nintendo)
42./45. [NDS] Doraemon Baseball: Dramatic Stadium (Bandai-Namco)
43./38. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo)
44./00. [PS2] Haruhi Suzumiya's Wonderment (Banpresto)
45./16. [PS2] Nobunaga's Ambition: Kakushin w/ Power-Up Kit (Koei)
46./46. [NDS] Pokémon Diamond (Pokémon)
47./40. [NDS] Dragon Quest IV (Square-Enix)
48./47. [NDS] Prof. Layton and the Curious Village (Level 5)
49./43. [NDS] Final Fantasy IV (Square-Enix)
50./31. [PS3] Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom)

NDS - 27
WII - 10
PS2 - 7
PSP - 3
PS3 - 3

hardware.gif

Code:
Hardware - This Week | Last Week |       YTD |        LTD
1. PSP   -    57,651 |    53,924 |   918,997 |  8,520,591
2. WII   -    55,845 |    57,068 |   944,254 |  5,560,414
3. NDS   -    53,266 |    48,658 |   926,177 | 22,099,228
4. PS3   -    14,934 |    21,008 |   322,510 |  1,964,186
5. PS2   -     9,930 |    10,429 |   146,810 | 21,073,847
6. 360   -     1,744 |     2,891 |    44,092 |    551,433

s_20080310.png

archive.gif

Media Create Sales 3/12 - 3/18
Media Create Sales 1/28 - 2/3
Media Create Sales 2/4 - 2/10
Media Create Sales 2/11 - 2/17
Media Create Sales 2/18 - 2/24
Media Create Sales 2/25 - 3/2
Media Create Sales 3/3 - 3/9

notes.gif

Software numbers are typically posted on Wednesday nights.
Hardware numbers are typically posted Thursday nights at about 8:20 PM Eastern.

AniHawk

Strange, I thought this'd be delayed a week.

What the hell is Beautiful Character Training? Some sort of writing thing?

Man, that top ten is starting to lower itself down to pre-DS 2004 levels.

RpgN

Shugo Character, hang in there! The anime series is so cute and funny, I kind of expected more from this. I hope SMB outsells Wii Fit eventually.

And thanks for posting the charts. I wonder what happened to the original OP?

cvxfreak

AniHawk said:
Strange, I thought this'd be delayed a week.

What the hell is Beautiful Character Training? Some sort of writing thing?

Man, that top ten is starting to lower itself down to pre-DS 2004 levels.

It teaches you how to write Chinese characters beautifully. Penmanship matters. I've heard that Japanese and Chinese consider the ability to write neat kanji a sign of intelligence.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
cvxfreak said:
It teaches you how to write Chinese characters beautifully. Penmanship matters. I've heard that Japanese and Chinese consider the ability to write neat kanji a sign of intelligence.

Are you sure thats not just for calligraphy instead of everyday writing? But then again if you are are good at calligraphy, then you probably know how to write neatly anyway.

Neomoto

The DS is still doing great but I think it's starting to need stronger first party support again. Sure 3rd party's more than fill the holes but except for a few exceptions (Square Enix) there arn't exactly a lot of high profile DS games coming out in the near future that will sell very, very well.

cvxfreak

muramura said:
Are you sure thats not just for calligraphy instead of everyday writing? But then again if you are are good at calligraphy, then you probably know how to write neatly anyway.

I don't see the Japanese word for calligraphy on the webpage. Plus calligraphy tends to be artistic; this software teaches one to have balanced and correctly placed strokes and such.

Lobster

Banned
Finally I can train my character to be beautiful.

Sales this week inside the top 10 is pretty uninteresting to me :\ The fight in the 11-30 positions is even better.

Kenka

Neomoto said:
The DS is still doing great but I think it's starting to need stronger first party support again. Sure 3rd party's more than fill the holes but except for a few exceptions (Square Enix) there arn't exactly a lot of high profile DS games coming out in the near future that will sell very, very well.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2 is the saviour. But what will remain in the pipeline after is open.

cvxfreak

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
eh? Ranger 2 is released today, MHP2G will be released next week...did I get your post wrong?

Whoops, you're right. Ranger 2 is out today so it won't be out against MHP2G.

The character thing is to train penmanship, even for hiragana. If you go to the official site linked in the OP there are movies for it. If you've ever tried to write kanji, you know some of them are a total bitch to balance properly. The game shows how to get all the angles and proportions right.

Actually, it pretty much just sold me on buying a DS again. I could use the practice.

donny2112

Psychotext said:
Looks like Wii Fit is still catching the PS3... but I don't think it will overtake it.

With Wii Fit doubling the PS3's sales, at a minimum, week-in and week-out, I'd say that's a silly position to take.

donny2112 said:
With Wii Fit doubling the PS3's sales, at a minimum, week-in and week-out, I'd say that's a silly position to take.
Not at all. I think that Wii Fit sales are likely to fall off and PS3 sales increase before Wii Fit outsells the PS3.

I could be wrong of course... but I don't see the sales gap existing for long enough.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
fanboi said:
Does Yakuza have any impact on the PS3 sales over there?
Or is it for the hardcore?
It sold to both on PS2, but it seems to be hitting the same 200-300k hardcore mass on PS3 as DMC4 etc.

Expect a hardware drop from last week. <20k.

Lobster

Banned
Psychotext said:
Not at all. I think that Wii Fit sales are likely to fall off and PS3 sales increase before Wii Fit outsells the PS3.

I could be wrong of course... but I don't see the sales gap existing for long enough.

Check Wii Sports.

Thats how long Wii Fit will stay.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Jtyettis said:
Any early HW numbers out?
From donny in last week's MC:
Also, these may, may, may be the hardware numbers for this week from Famitsu.

DSL 47000
PSP 66000
Wii 51000
PS3 18000
PS2 9200
360 2500

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Psychotext said:

The difference between the two right now is about 500k. The PS3 grows at 20k a week. Wii Fit currently grows at 40k a week. So if your claim does not happen, Wii Fit will pass the PS3 in around October at about 2.4 million units sold each.

If Wii Fit drops to 30k and the PS3 stays around 20k, then Wii Fit will pass the PS3 a little before this time next year at around 3 million units each.

Wii Sports first dropped to below 20k at ~week 40 of its release, which is around when Wii Sales collapsed for a few months. It then followed a period of being in the teens until the Christmas when it had a spurt of weeks that looked like 26k, 41k, 68k, 108k, 94k, 126k, 41k, 31k, 27k, 22k... and since then has settled back into the teens.

Assuming Wii Fit holds up as well as Wii Sports did, it will pass the PS3 this year. If the Wii undergoes another late summer sales collapse, Wii Fit will similarly decline and passing may be tougher. The software spike around Christmas will be harder than the hardware spike, however, so even assuming a late-summer Wii sales collapse, it's possible the Christmas bump will even out sales such that the drought never happened in relative terms.

norinrad21 said:
Where's chessmaster?

The numbers were posted literally minutes after I went to bed. I'd given up, figuring the holiday in Japan meant there wouldn't be any number's 'til hardware tonight. Oh, well.

Thanks for posting the thread, cvx. I'll PM you later with the complete post.

Davidion

Ugh, the DS screen is the last thing I'd use to practice calligraphy, assuming that what the writing training thing is. :lol

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Davidion said:
Ugh, the DS screen is the last thing I'd use to practice calligraphy, assuming that what the writing training thing is. :lol

you mean i can't actually use a fuckin chisel or paintbrush on my DS? PSSHAW

Davidion said:
Like others have said, it's all about the balance, not the actual strokes representing something beautiful on your screen.

LiveFromKyoto said:
The character thing is to train penmanship, even for hiragana. If you go to the official site linked in the OP there are movies for it. If you've ever tried to write kanji, you know some of them are a total bitch to balance properly. The game shows how to get all the angles and proportions right.

Actually, it pretty much just sold me on buying a DS again. I could use the practice.
If you can spare the time please drop some impressions, I'm considering the import.

Davidion

Phife Dawg said:
Like others have said, it's all about the balance, not the actual strokes representing something beautiful on your screen.

Indeed, I'm just a little bitter about not having practiced in ages. It really is such a relaxing art.

Top Bottom