• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mafro

I don't know more than 50% of who those people are.
and I'm shocked some of them where avengers.

Like Loki & Dr. Doom

also who is the red skull faced MiniHulk and the grey haired GrundyHulk with wings?
Not all of them are Avengers, the people on the far left are all villains.

Red Mini Hulk is Mettle from Avengers Academy, and Hulk with wings is Hulkling from Young Avengers.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Thor: The Dark World illustrated storybook cover:
tho7.png

Lo-res screencap of Cap vs Brock Rumlow/Crossbones
c2d75288083911e3a46122000a9f09e2_7.jpg

Rumor going around now that Saorsie Rosen has passed on the Scarlet Witch role and Elizabeth Olsen is the new front-runner. Also mentions she'll need an Eastern European accent.

J10

Banned
They're gonna stick with the Gypsy part of their origins I'm guessing. Would be great if they stuck in a line about not knowing who their father is.

richiek

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&page=2#blogPostHe

Edgar Wright talks about Ant-Man. Found this to be most interesting:

You’re about to start shooting "Ant-Man." It sounded like "Ant-Man" was going to be something outside the canon of the Marvel film universe at first and now it sounds like its back in. Has that changed?

I think it’s just doing its own thing in the accepted history but it's still part of the other movies and always was. In the time I’ve been working on it other things have happened in the other movies that could be affected in this. It is pretty standalone in the way we’re linking it to the others. I like to make it standalone because I think the premise of it needs time. I want to put the crazy premise of it into a real world, which is why I think "Iron Man" really works because it’s a relatively simple universe; it’s relatable. I definitely want to go into finding a streamlined format where you use the origin format to introduce the main character and further adventures can bring other people into it. I’m a big believer in keeping it relatively simple and Marvel agrees on that front.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Rumor going around now that Saorsie Rosen has passed on the Scarlet Witch role and Elizabeth Olsen is the new front-runner. Also mentions she'll need an Eastern European accent.

She turned down being in the sequel to one of the biggest movies of all time?

Either Soreass is a moron or she has the literal worst agent in Hollywood.

She turned down being in the sequel to one of the biggest movies of all time?

Either Soreass is a moron or she has the literal worst agent in Hollywood.

I've seen it being suggested that she's been soured by the whole blockbuster media blitz after doing The Host. Maybe she thought it just wasn't her cup of tea.

James Gunn posted this on his Facebook today:

Grateful to be working with my favorite composer, Tyler Bates, on Guardians of the Galaxy. Unlike most films, Tyler writes huge chunks of the score first so that I can actually film to the music. During action scenes and huge dramatic moments we blare the score on set so that the cast, crew, and camera can move in harmony with the music. Music is often an afterthought in film, but never for us. And everything Tyler's done so far has been amazing!

Had they mentioned the composer for GotG was yet? Either way, interesting tidbit.

Mafro

Yes! That means I can watch it on 4OD! Hopefully they get a good deal with regards to how long they have to wait from US broadcast. By which I mean they need to get it the same week.
Knowing channel 4 it'll be shown in the same week as far away as possible from the US airing for one season before they effortlessly lose the rights to Sky.

Hmmm I guess I'm just going to have to trust Gunn and Whedon on this one. Not really familiar with the actors' work at all to be excited or dismayed by the casting choice.

I saw today the deleted scenes from Iron Man 3.

While none of them were really needed in the movie they did have alot of references to the other avengers which I would have liked included in the movie.

I think I counted 2 Captain American references, one Hulk and one Thor reference.
The Thor one was funny.

BLACKLAC

Limitless made me a fan but his voice doesn't scream RR. We will see. I doubt they would make this pick lightly, you fuck up Rocket you kill the movie.

richiek

Kevin Feige goes into more detail on Guardians of the Galaxy:

"The general answer is yes," Kevin Feige said when asked whether Guardians of the Galaxy takes place at the same time as Marvel's other "Phase Two" movies, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. "It's not exactly revealed what year or month it is in relation to the other Phase Two films. But yes, it's the same time." So, while it may take place at the same time, just how connected will it be to the aforementioned films? "Certainly more than the others. We've already said that Thanos plays a part in it and is a character in it. That in and of itself should tell you it's connected to the other worlds." Talking of Thanos, many fans expected the Mad Titan to be the main villain in the sequel to The Avengers, but it was recently confirmed that it will be Ultron who fills that role. So, will he be the main foe in Guardians of the Galaxy? Not quite! "Ronan The Accuser is very much the main bad guy. And Thanos is lurking above it all. You will learn more about Thanos in Guardians, for sure. Certainly you'll get more than the one turn around and smirk. You'll get much more than that!"

Ronan's a good choice, because traditionally he doesn't exactly stay a villain. It should be nice to see some redemption for once, assuming they aren't planning to neuter the character into a fully-fledged bad dude.

Nebula should really end up being the truly villainous one.

TDLink

Ronan's a good choice, because traditionally he doesn't exactly stay a villain. It should be nice to see some redemption for once, assuming they aren't planning to neuter the character into a fully-fledged bad dude.

Nebula should really end up being the truly villainous one.

Yeah I like that they are going with Ronan. I really wonder how The Collector factors into all of this now though.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=85856

More Guardians tidbits from Feige.

Most interesting is that

Gamora starts off as a villain, working with Ronan, Korath and Nebula.

This is pretty close to her comics origins also, so it makes sense.

richiek

Kevin Feige talks Age of Ultron & Phase 3 plans

Talking to Empire Magazine at the recent D23 Expo, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige cleared up a few rumours and teasingly addressed the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. When asked when we should expect to hear some solid news on which characters will be filling those recently announced 2016 and 2017 release date slots, he said: "Next spring is when we really sit down and start to decide what we announce for 2016 and 2017." So, in that case, it could be as late as next year's San Diego Comic-Con when we find out! Either way, Feige was quick to point out that he's still keen to exploit the popularity of the Hulk ("I think we have something special with our Mark Ruffalo Banner, and we'd love to see where we could take his stories"), adding that the Green Goliath will have "a significant role" in The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Speaking of which, he's not the only member of Earth's Mightiest Heroes who will have a big role in the sequel. So will Hawkeye! "Joss has a great storyline in mind for him that shows a deeper side and further fleshes out our favourite archer." Finally, Feige added that there are still no plans to introduce Ant-Man and Wasp in the movie, adding that when it comes to their next wave of movies, "There are three or four slots. We've got six or seven things going. We've got to choose which four will go. It's a Battle Royale!" Will one of them be Namor? Nope. "That's at Universal."

So I think it's a lock that there will be a Phase 3 Hulk movie. Namor is a head scratcher tho. Doesn't Hulk also belong to Universal? Yet he's in the MCU.

ZeroGravity

So I think it's a lock that there will be a Phase 3 Hulk movie. Namor is a head scratcher tho. Doesn't Hulk also belong to Universal? Yet he's in the MCU.
Universal took to long to move on a sequel to Ang Lee's Hulk, so Marvel got the rights to the character back.

They made a movie out of Scott Pilgrim, yet they can't put out a movie based on Namor?

Yep, sounds like Universal to me.
To be fair, that movie would be expensive as fuck. Anything involving a large amount of water will always be. Not to mention the dude isn't the most sympathetic character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom